• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

eclark1894

Visionary
We've got about two to three inches of snow on the ground this morning. Raleigh, NC doesn't get much snow so that's already a big deal.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I heard the Southeast is getting hit by a major storm. We didn't know if we'd get any of it up here, but evidently it's not moving in a northerly direction.

eclark1894

Visionary
My car was actually sliding all over the road on Sunday morning. Fortunately, I was able to get it home... just not completely in the driveway. Part of it is in the yard, part of it is in the driveway, part of it it is across the sidewalk, right by the mailbox.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I was somewhat sick for most of two days, but i'm feeling better now.
Glad to hear you're feeling better now.

It's just too cold!
I have to agree, though at least we're getting heat regularly, which often doesn't happen with stupid regulations we have here about what the temps need to be during the day, and overnight, in order to get heat. ~shakes head~

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's been very windy here too, and except for today, pretty wet as well, though no snow . . . so far.

Terre

Renowned
At the time the winds came through Accuweather said gusts were up to 50+. Now the paper is flat out saying the winds were 50-60mph. I believe it. I did have to get out in them.

Miss B

CV-BEE
They predicted very high winds overnight (yes it was howling all night), and a very cold morning commute today.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We did get a few gusts periodically last night, but nothing that really caught my attention more than once or twice. Fortunately, it wasn't as cold as expected this morning. Just a tad bit colder than yesterday. But nothing that made me wish I were wrapped up in thick wool scarves or a blankee!

I'll be glad when Christmas is over though. It's causing havoc with my commute. Far too many people on the road in the morning ... more so than years past. This week the evening commute has become affected with seasonal traffic. It's certainly not those who work in Center City since the parking garage has been practically empty the last couple weeks when I leave work.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Stay safe everyone!

Bad winds here as well Friday, gusts up to 60-65 mph knocked out power to the whole county (VERY unusual for that widespread of an outage, but one of the 2 major lines that supply the area was damaged). Our power was out about 12 hrs, others got power back since then and some are still without power. Lots of trees down, though where I live didn't get hit very hard - no damage here.

Pouring rain now, and I just read that a tornado touched down in a town about an hour and a half away (we don't get many tornadoes out west!) that did a lot of damage. Supposed to have more wind Thursday but shouldn't be anywhere near as bad.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks, all of you too!

I suspect Thursday will just be a small event (they're talking 30-35mph gusts but who knows, that's days away still)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I just read that a tornado touched down in a town about an hour and a half away (we don't get many tornadoes out west!) that did a lot of damage.
Yes, they just announced it on the news a moment ago, and said it was catastrophic.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The tornado touched down in the town next to mine where I sometime do my banking. Have some family that is a couple blocks away from all the damage. They are okay though. They said the whole town is in chaos. I never knew tornados came to this state.

Yah a tree took down a power line and I lost power for about 6 hours. Then another tree fell and a pretty wide spread including the town I'm in lost power for about 12 hours. I wasn't affected though. Then another tree fell and Bremerton lost power for a while.