• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, the prediction of 0-1" is wrong. It looks like we'll have at least 2". It's been snowing pretty steadily since about 1:00pm, and it doesn't look like it'll be stopping any time soon.

I did go out for a few minutes to check, and the streets aren't bad for driving, and the sidewalks aren't too bad. It's mostly on any grass, plants and trees, as well as any cars that have been parked here all day, so walking a short distance isn't too bad.

It is windy today, so a lot of the snow is getting blown around, and it is cold out there, but I don't think this is going to be too bad. Luckily the powers that be suspended alternate side of the street parking rules for today. Hopefully folks will be able to get their cars out in the morning, as I don't think they'll suspending it again for tomorrow.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh yes, I'm in for the rest of the evening/night. I'm just hoping it's not too bad tomorrow as far as walking in the neighborhood.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
What a nasty storm this was ... made worse because the forecast was so wrong. By 10 am, it was snowing heavily here and continued to do so until 2 pm. Instead of a bare sprinkling of snow as was originally forecast, the Philadelphia Airport reported almost 4 inches. We got more by me. It did switch to heavy rain/sleet about 2 pm, which made the streets and sidewalks worse. Fortunately, I telecommute Thursdays and Fridays, otherwise I'd have been one of those poor souls out there struggling to get home on hazardous roads.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's pretty much how it was here too, though it didn't start snowing here until mid-afternoon, and I didn't see/hear the rain and high winds until after midnight.

I don't know how it is by you today Satira, but the snow is gone here, and the sun is out today. The only traces I can see of any snow is on grassy areas, and at the curbs. The high pile of snow all over my fire escape was totally gone early this morning. ~shakes head~

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We still have a lot of snow on the ground, but City Avenue is clear. However, the pool deck is a solid sheet of ice, as is the corner lot across the street. So, I'm sure a number of streets and sidewalks are just as hazardous as they were yesterday.

It took my coworkers (who take the bus or trains) over 2-1/2 hours to get home last night. The commute this morning was still pretty nasty ... which I would have expected considering the freezing rain didn't stop until about 6:30 am.

Tsuki was sleeping in front of the balcony door when the winds began in the wee hours of the morning. She bolted into the middle of the living room and sat there looking toward the balcony. She'd look at me and then back outside, and decided whatever was causing all that wind and flying stuff was just too spooky. So she retreated to a safer spot to sleep.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh Tsuki's reaction isn't surprising. I'm sure a young child would probably have had the same reaction if their crib was near a window.

I was just out for a short walk to the local FedEx store, and some sidewalks are still wet and full of fallen leaves, but I didn't see any snow on the sidewalks or the streets, just where there was grass and plants in front of most of the buildings, and private homes around here.

Terre

Renowned
Poor kitty. At least she has you and a safe place to sleep.

Glad to hear both of you came through fine. Cool but sunny here.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
we had a bit of everything yesterday...
a duststorm the size of Tasmania ( stretches from the Victorian border to the Queensland border! ), total fire bans and snow... and that was in my state of NSW

the duststorm is still rolling through with the worst expected today, the fire bans are still in place but not sure about the snow today!

Happy Days lol :shineon:

Miss B

CV-BEE
It was sunny and cold here today. Not sure what the exact temp was, but I could hear the wind howling outside, so very windy for sure.

Miss B

CV-BEE
The temps aren't bad here the past couple of days, but today it's been pouring rain all day. ~shakes head~

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Our weather doesn't know what it wants to do. We've been really hot in my neck of the woods, then it will Thunder storm and be cool. I think the rest of Aus doesn't know what it wants to do either as its in drought, has had dust storms, floodding and even parts had snow!

Stezza

Dances with Bees
apparently we are going to be deluged tomorrow.... flooding rain and damaging winds.... just when I have to put the car in for a service!

so my NBN also will probably be down as it don't like water!

brollies and wellies needed :confused: