• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I can only once remembering a fairly mild tornado running through here, as we don't usually get them either, especially in a well populated city with tall buildings.

As far as trees coming down, we had that about 4 or 5 year ago, when a very strange storm flew through here one night. It didn't last long, but when I went out to run errands the next day, there was a huge tree spread across 3 or 4 cars near one of the side entrances to our building. The one closest was totally damaged, and there was less and less damage further away from where the tree stood. I think that last car involved just had scratches in the paint on its roof.

We didn't lose power right here, but there were some outages not too far from here. The sad thing is, the tree was never replaced, and probably never will be. Most of the trees around here are very old, and very tall, so when one comes down, it's a major incident.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Scary Stuff. Janet - weird, our outage was about the same time (2nd time) but I thought it was just our county, not yours. Sounds like it was more widespread.

Forgetting that you're so close to there, and glad your family is ok. Yes, it's very unusual for us to have tornadoes, and this one was a doozy.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Whoa! We haven't even had a dusting, BUT the winter's just beginning. I find January through March the worst months here for snowstorms.

Terre

Renowned
Mild here for the most part. Today actually got up to 48F. Tomorrow is supposed to be below freezing all day with a chance of snow tonight and tomorrow.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Poured all day long here yesterday, and is supposed to rain pretty much all day long today (Tuesday), though the weather is supposed to get up into the mid-50s, so will definitely be warmer.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, their prediction of rain today was wrong. It's bright and sunny, but very windy.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Weather was a little warmer here, but still breezy. It's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow, so might be a good day to stay in.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, it rained most of the morning, and they predicted another burst this afternoon. The weatherman last night said there might be up to an inch of rain in some parts. :(

Miss B

CV-BEE
Partly cloudy here today, but it's not too cold. Certainly better than the rain yesterday.