• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to partner with Reallusion on Content.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
FingersCrossed.png
Ken.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Ken1171 don't push your self too hard, better to take a bit longer to heal than rush it and cause more trouble. Trust me, it's taken me most of my life to work that out the hard way :oops::whistling:

I am supposed to be laying down on bed to recover, but I get BORED to death. LOL Besides, I have been bleeding as much laying down as I do when seated, so why not making myself useful in the meanwhile? I suppose being seated doesn't count as "physical work". Nonetheless, when I get tired I limp back to bed. :sleep:

Check these videos to get some ideas:

I was following the first video tutorial, and got stuck when it claims the bone scale from CC3 doesn't match the one from iClone. Something must have changed, because I am using CC3, and the tutorial was using CC2. I can't complete the tutorial because after this message, the morphs load all wrong. I have asked about this at the RL forums.

MorphCreatorError.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, I'm sure he'll be all over (own) them as soon as he's fully back to 100% health-wise. ;)

rampa

Inspired
Hi Ken,

Hope you have a speedy recovery! :)

Bone animation scaling is not supported, so make sure the muscle is just the arms bulging by adjusting the mesh. Changing the length of the arms will not work. There are a bunch of morphs that only effect the arm mesh, especially if you have the Essential Morphs pack.

If you are starting with a character transformed from DAZ, you can also make your muscle morph in DAZ before transforming and use it as your morph.

If your character is clothed, make sure to have the clothing on them when you create the morph. This will also create the morph for the clothing. The clothing will not automatically morph with the character using the morph animator.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Take care of yourself, Ken!

Thank you, Lisa! I seem to be recovering well, just not as fast as I wanted! LOL I will be posting on the new threads when I get the chance. I am learning CC and iClone, and I get something new almost everyday! It's a box full of surprises! ^____^

Oh, I'm sure he'll be all over (own) them as soon as he's fully back to 100% health-wise. ;)

I am loosing a lot of the activities, but I am still trying to keep up. ^^

Hi Ken,

Hope you have a speedy recovery! :)

Bone animation scaling is not supported, so make sure the muscle is just the arms bulging by adjusting the mesh. Changing the length of the arms will not work. There are a bunch of morphs that only effect the arm mesh, especially if you have the Essential Morphs pack.

If you are starting with a character transformed from DAZ, you can also make your muscle morph in DAZ before transforming and use it as your morph.

If your character is clothed, make sure to have the clothing on them when you create the morph. This will also create the morph for the clothing. The clothing will not automatically morph with the character using the morph animator.

Thank you, Rampa! I am still using my spare energies to keep up with CC and iClone.

I was hitting a wall with that video tutorial, since it was done with CC2, and doesn't seem to work with CC3. The morphs I am trying to animate don't use any animated joints (they don't change the skeleton size), so the bones error message doesn't make sense to me yet, unless CC3 morphs are completely incompatible with iClone. So far that's what it seems to me.

I will try exporting the morphs to OBJ and import them directly into Morph Maker, with hopes to bypass the bones size error. It's a lot of work, but nothing else is working.

McG.

Enthusiast
This is interesting stuff, but my ol jalopy is a little too long in tooth to manage this stuff. Still, IMO, it is a curious need to move characters out of DS/Poser and into something else this way. But, that's just me!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It's not just about reusing contents elsewhere, but a whole new sleuth of functionality and usability, especially if you want to build more complex scenes with large backdrops, trees, all sorts of physics, and also particle effects. Character building in iClone is rather limited, and that's the part where being able to do that part in Poser/DS becomes relevant. But even in that part, CC3 allows doing things we cannot do in neither Poser or DS, like mixing and combining morphs from different figures. Imagine creating a character with face morphs Poser Dawn, and body morphs from DS Genesis 8. Or body morphs form Dawn, and face morphs from V4. Like I said, it's a whole new range of possibilities. :)

McG.

Enthusiast
uh OH! That shines a different light on it. Maybe my brain is a bit too tiny these days, but what of the differences in Joint Scaling between the Poser and newer DS Figures? Moot point, like each Figure keeps its own scaling mechanism? And still morph swaps are possible?

McG.

Enthusiast
Just out of the blue, CHRIS, is that you in your avatar pic? Anyone ever mention you and Clancy Brown share a strong resemblance? That is meant in a complimentary way.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
uh OH! That shines a different light on it. Maybe my brain is a bit too tiny these days, but what of the differences in Joint Scaling between the Poser and newer DS Figures? Moot point, like each Figure keeps its own scaling mechanism? And still morph swaps are possible?

I think joint scale plays no role in CC3. The Transformer tool can bring Poser/DS morphs into CC3, no matter in what scale those figures live in. It's just the morphs - not the figures. CC3 has its own base figure, and it can use morphs from HW Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna, Gorilla, plus legacy V4, M4, and ALL of the Genesis figures from DS. It imports the morphs and (optionally) materials, and from that on, you are working with the CC3 base figure. In all the iClone renders I have shown here, you are seeing the CC3 figure - not Dawn, even if it looks just like her. I have also done some with Genesis and V4, and it's hard to tell it's a different figure because it looks just like them.

But what's cool is that I have mostly transferred my own Dawn body morphs to CC3, and they transfer fairly well. I have shown renders and animations with some of my "Body Type" series in iClone using the CC3 figure. When you import morphs and materials, it looks just like the figure they came from. Once you import a morph, you have the option to save them as custom dials in CC3, where you can separate body from head morphs. So if you save Genesis body shapes and Dawn head shapes, you can mix and match them in CC3, which would be IMPOSSIBLE in Poser/DS. So far I have been entertained playing with my custom Poser body types in iClone, but I want to try mixing Dawn/Genesis/V4 morphs to see what comes out! ^^

McG.

Enthusiast
Wow! I'm in the cheering section now! I think my brain blew a gasket just imagining a Figure with all my V4-G2F-TY2-DAWN morphs in it! :notworthy::eek:o_O:roflmao: sure sounds like fun!!!