• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to partner with Reallusion on Content.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
DawnNDusk1.JPG

We are so excited to announce that HiveWire 3D has made available our base figures of Dawn S.E., Dusk S.E., Baby Luna, and our Gorilla, which are embedded in the newly released Character Creature 3. As a product of the company Reallusion, Character Creator 3 is a full character creation solution for designers to easily create, import and customize character assets. Connect industry leading pipelines into one system for 3D character generation, animation, rendering, and interactive design. Read more about what Character Creator 3 is here:

Character Creator - 3D Character Platform for Animation, Game, AR, and VR

We have had this process in the works for over a year now, and it's rewarding to finally see this partnership come together for us. Reallusion has made us a Featured Developer, offering Elite League Collection products and has set up a page for us. You can also read about this process in more depth and what it means to HiveWire in this posted interview on the Reallusion site:

3D Models and Assets - Reallusion Content Store

You can also read more about this in a PR announcement by Reallusion here on the CGSociety website:

CC3 releases with ZBrush, Daz3D, Iray and InstaLOD workflow - article | CGSociety

What's next for us is addressed in the interview link attached above. But a bit more I'll mention here. Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna, and Gorilla in CC3 is just the first phase. Phase 2 will be working with Reallusion to convert more supporting content for these figures, like clothing, hair, and other supporting character shape products. We see this as a new audience that is opened up to us. We don't have all the answers for you yet, and what that means to you as a customer or artist. Some of where this goes is still uncharted for us, but we're excited for this opportunity and we look forward to exploring this and carving out a new software niche where our content can thrive.

We thank the kind and supportive forward thinkers at Reallusion and their whole team. They have been very professional, and responsive to us through this whole process over this last year. We've had weekly team Skype meetings for several months, and thereafter regular Skype calls and emails exchanges to keep things rolling. From the CEO Charles Chen, Marketing VP John Martin, Luke Lu the Product Manager, Andrew, Elvis, Penny, Jeff, Taylor and more, we so appreciate your efforts in helping this come to fruition.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have been having a ton of FUN with CC3 because it finally allows me to bring my Poser and DS contents to iClone with relative ease. For many years iClone was suffering from poor visual quality, and that was true until version 5. We are now in version 7, and since version 6 it has started to bring a respectable collection of state-of-the-art new technologies we normally only find in high-end software. There is a high expectation for the arrival of the I-ray renderer for iClone, for that will definitely raise the bar for what can be done with it.

For those coming from DS, many of you have already been fiddling with iClone for years, taking advantage of the free 1-click Genesis conversion plugin. iClone has animation tools much superior to those from Poser and DS, to include an industry standard IK system comparable to Autodesk's Human IK. Even for those who only want static renders, iClone makes it much easier to create full-fledged environments to place your character at, as opposed to Poser/DS, which were basically meant to render characters only. Of course, it is possible to load 3D environments in Poser/DS, but the point is that iClone goes beyond that, supporting daylight and sky systems by default. The particle system makes it easier to include fire, smoke, fog, rain, falling leaves, and many other effects to your scenes - be them static or animated. Animated water from lakes, rivers, and seas are also supported.

Reallusion has recently added iClone support for the PopcornFX particles system that supports PBR animations in real-time. This is much more advanced particle system that provides means for you to create your own special effects to your scenes, all in beautiful PBR quality - in real-time. Another recently added 3rd party plugin was the FaceWare facial mocap system, which allows markerless facial capture in real-time with a regular single webcam. It can use desktop webcams, those embedded into your laptop, your smartphone, or head-mounted ones. It captures both lip and facial expressions for easy character animations with lip sync. If you have one of these Microsoft Kinect sensors (versions 1 or 2), you can capture full body as well. It supports more professional full body mocap systems if you can afford them. :)

The importance of CC3 in all this is that it connects Poser and DS contents to iClone. As a matter of fact, Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna and the awesome HW gorilla are all already embedded into CC3 by default. You don't see them at first. What loads by default is the CC3 default figure with the female shape dialed up. If we reset the CC3 figure, it goes into a genderless shape, just like the beloved original Genesis was. For all of you DS users who complained about the figure gender split, the default CC3 figure is the all-in-one genderless solution, back to how Genesis originally was.

If you want to see, for instance, Dusk in CC3, just dial it up (as you would do in Poser/DS), and you get the Dusk shape. Mind you, this is the Dusk shape in a different figure, and if you purchase the Starter Pack at Reallusion, you get all the same functionality you get in Poser/DS, which includes clothing, hair, props, textures, poses and morphs. There is an option to purchase a 4-in-1 package that includes the Started Packs for Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna and HW Gorilla. Early adopters get a substantial discount for as long as the promo runs.

Since the CC3 figure can assume these HW figures shapes, this can produce some outrageous experiments, such as mixing them up in any order, as well as mixing up morphs from the CC3 figure itself. We can import morphs from Poser/DS as well, so we can, potentially, mix up HW figure shapes with Genesis (all versions) and V4/M4 as well. Imagine the possibilities! The CC3 figure can also wear clothing from all these figures. I have already shown here in the HW galleries what appeared to be Dawn wearing her Superhero outfit, but in reality, that was the CC3 figure in iClone.

About that last part, CC3 only supports content conversions from DS at the moment, but I have quickly found a workflow to import my Poser contents as well, complete with materials and morphs. The Superhero outfit mentioned above never had a DS version, but I have used CC3 to have it converted all the same. And I did that using DS in the process, but without having to create a DS version for the outfit. I just use DS to create the proper FBX export file. Of course, the material overlays from the Superhero outfit won't work in DS or anywhere else, but for anyone who has already converted outfits from one program to another (Poser to DS, for instance) will know that materials need adjusting - nothing new here.

On the bright side, CC3 has an excellent material conversion right off the box. For example, DS users know that 3DL shaders won't work with I-ray, and also that MDL shaders won't work with 3DL. No matter which material you export from DS, CC3 will create shaders that will work with ALL rendering solutions from iClone. That includes the default render, real-time PBR render, and the upcoming I-ray render. I know I-ray is not available in iClone at the moment, but you can test these materials in CC3 with I-ray right now, so you will know what to expect. I-ray is promised for iClone in one of the coming updates, most likely still this year.

In the current CC3 version, we already have I-ray support as an optional plugin you can purchase if you want to. It already uses the latest and greatest AI (artificial intelligence) to speed up light ray casting, and most importantly, noise cleaning. Until now, this was only available at the rather expensive Octane render, but now I-ray is adopting it too. The advantage of this is that AI Denoising is significantly FASTER than procedural algorithms, using the latest and greatest neural networks technologies to accelerate 3D renders. This means we now need way less render samples to produce a noise-free render, while still using your regular GPU (no expensive RTX Tensor cores required!). I am not sure about the AI Denoiser from I-ray, but the one in Octane "learns" (Deep Learning) as it renders, making de-noising faster every time for the same scene. Very exciting tech!

There is much more to tell about CC3 and iClone 7, but this has become rather long as it is, so I will stop here. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I see Reallusion as an addition to the platforms where HW figures can reach. More is better. Remember SMS has recently revived their forums by claiming that Poser is back into development after being silent for over a year. Even if slowly, Poser is still moving forwards.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
About that last part, CC3 only supports content conversions from DS at the moment, but I have quickly found a workflow to import my Poser contents as well, complete with materials and morphs. The Superhero outfit mentioned above never had a DS version, but I have used CC3 to have it converted all the same. And I did that using DS in the process, but without having to create a DS version for the outfit. I just use DS to create the proper FBX export file. Of course, the material overlays from the Superhero outfit won't work in DS or anywhere else, but for anyone who has already converted outfits from one program to another (Poser to DS, for instance) will know that materials need adjusting - nothing new here.
At some point will we be able to to do this from Poser with out hoopjumping?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
At some point will we be able to to do this from Poser with out hoopjumping?

I am pretty sure Reallusion will do this at some point, because Poser can export FBX, and CC3 doesn't use weight maps from either Poser or DS. This makes Poser as compatible as DS, so there is no technical reason to keep them from doing it. As a matter of fact, I have already tried. As opposed to how complex it used to be to export Genesis from DS to iClone using 3DXChange, the current FBX solution from DS no longer uses the timeline to bundle all possible matching morphs anymore. It's much simpler with CC3, because we are no longer importing the whole figure, but just the shape, materials and morphs. CC3 will reproduce the shape on its own base figure, and it does a darn good job on that. So basically, making the Poser FBX compatible is just a matter of matching the required parameters. However, the Poser and DS FBX plugins have different export parameters. I have tried matching them the best I could, but Reallusion is expecting something specific, and I don't know what it is.

Unless the required parameters are missing from the Poser FBX exporter plugin, there is a good chance we could figure it out on our own. The new "Transformer" from CC3 just reads the FBX to perform the conversion, so it doesn't require any special features from DS. Unless I am missing something, it should be possible to do it from Poser as well. I just couldn't figure out the right profile yet.

MrPoser

Inspired
Make sure your computer can run the newer versions of IClone.... the requirements are higher than either DAZ Studio or Poser. I can run IClone5 and it was fun to play with... but my computer won't run full blown IClone6.

darkangel

Businesses do tend to forget the Mac, my PC laptop cooked itself this summer so now have only my Mac tower. I love poser and would love to try DS but no matter what I do or the Daz folks told me to do it doesn't like me...not since the very first version that worked flawlessly on my Mac. DS no like moi that is that...LOL

May Hivewire be hapy with this union and make many more items for us to play with.