• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Batgirl using my Superhero outfit for Dawn, converted to iClone using CC3, rendered with the default iClone real-time PBR render. It's worth mentioning this is a Poser-only outfit, and the conversion was pretty painless. This is the complete version with cape. One of the cool things is that iClone supports 2-sided materials (on the cape), while Poser doesn't. Another thing is having the feet perfectly planted on the floor, thanks to the iClone IK system, which is not available in neither Poser nor DS. ^^

Batgirl_1200.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Played a bit with DAZ Studio and rendered this image.
This is Kyokko for Dawn which I am working on with a collaborator, Dreamer from here at HiveWire 3d.
I've done the face morph and a few of the main textures, she is adding more as well.
The background and lighting is from a package by DM called "Vertigo".
The dress, 7 Year Itch, is by Lully and is D-Force for DS.
The only post work was to fix two tiny poke through's on the dress.

flKyokko-001d.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Last night I have rigged the hoodie for DS and ported a few of the materials. If it's in DS, it means it will soon be also in Reallusion iClone. I actually had to redo the whole thing because it was originally made using the OBJ exported from Poser, which as we know, should *never* be used under any circumstances. I went back to 3DSMAX where it was created back in 2016, and retrieved the original geometry, grouped it in Modo, and now it's back into a single mesh - as it should be. This means I will also have to remake the Poser version. That's what I get for being lazy!

DS Render.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm liking that hoodie a lot Ken, and I'd like to have a morph for her to be wearing it, as well as having it draped over her back as in your render.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Love the hoodie! Is it going to have a hood up/down control?
I'm liking that hoodie a lot Ken, and I'd like to have a morph for her to be wearing it, as well as having it draped over her back as in your render.

I was thinking on doing that, but what happens to the weight maps when the hood is down? It would still follow the neck and head, which means it wouldn't stay still on the back.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The same hoodie character from above in iClone in a fully realized 3D scene. It's Full HD 1080 rendered with the iClone default PBR renderer in about 2 seconds. I have set up the camera to use FOV to focus on Dawn and the vehicle, so the rest gets out of focus. Although iClone is great for animations, it's also perfectly fine to render stills like this, though we are still waiting for I-ray support. The bottom line is that CC3 makes the portability from Poser/DS to iClone a breeze. ^^

SkylaDesert_1080.jpg

Last edited:

Gisela

Eager
I'm sometimes slow because it was today when I've notice that Dawn SE has a more beautiful face than the the anterior ones. She is wearing the top and skirt from Sambie's challenges with Fabiana's material. Hair is from Fabi too, Divine, and Espíritu Bohemio earrings. Dm heels and pose. Tiny (Mil cat) Hivewire. Lisa's Hydrangea. Nature wonders Moths by Ken Gilliland at Hivewire. Prop is Challet de Sevilla at Daz.