• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

RobZhena

Adventurous
Here it is, from left to right, Dawn (low poly), CC3 Body Type-6 (mid-sized breasts), and CC3 Default female. I made the mid one's face with CC3 face morphs. For some reason the DS character face morph and materials I wanted to export didn't go through, but the body morph did. I have to learn how this works better. Dawn on the left was poly-reduced using the DS decimator, which doesn't do a very good job comparing to the new InstaLOD from CC3. Nonetheless, that's a 13K polys Dawn, including the hair and clothing. She can be animated in real-time even on an Android tablet.

They have added SO MANY new features that I am kind of lost at the moment. For instance, the I-ray renderer came with AI-Denoiser, which is crazy fast. They didn't even advertise about this, but it's HUGE! I was already using AI-Denoiser in Octane 4, but now the iClone/CC I-ray has the option too. This means cleaning noise in as few as 10 samples - instead of 1000, but it's hardware accelerated and requires a CUDA-enabled card. Below is a real-time PBR render from iClone. I have played with I-ray in CC3, but didn't fine where they put it in iClone yet. ;p

View attachment 41376

It looks like the elbow bends are pretty bad. I suppose that would be less obvious in animation.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It looks like the elbow bends are pretty bad. I suppose that would be less obvious in animation.

The elbow bends are bad on the 13K polys decimated Dawn on the left because I did it in DS using the Digimi Decimator plugin. The Dawn that ships with CC3 bends better than that. I haven't played with CC3 InstaLOD yet, but the demo videos clearly show superior decimation comparing to the old DS Decimator. Also, the decimated Dawn on the left was created years ago, before CC3 was released, so I had no other option at the time, when the conversion process was way more complicated than it is now, and the tools were not as sophisticated. :)

xmasrose

Eager
Faery_Light Aurore (updated to Iray)
18_Dawn Fl Aurore-sm.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We have a party down in the lobby of our building every year for the kids to celebrate Halloween, and it's usually very successful. It helps eliviate them having to go from door to door throughout the building, and it helps those of us without kids having to go to the door every 2-5 minutes when they did.

This is much nicer, and one of our doormen decorates the lobby very nicely every year. Then again, he does it for Christmas too.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That too, as they don't go around to other buildings in the neighborhood, not that this isn't a nice neighborhood, but still it makes it easier for folks not having to go after their kids to make sure they're OK.

Gisela

Eager
Orina by Fabiana. Headpiece is from Circles for any figure by EmmaandJordi. I bought it RO. Hair is DejaVu by Fabi. Magic Sense wings are from Fabiana too. Earrings are Parrotdolphin. Outfit is Flower Faerie from Mada. Songbirds remix birds. Free butterfly by Age of Armour with matt poses by Mlw-hunted357mag at share com. Flinks trees 4 Seasons. Props are from DM, Sweet Serenity. Flower is Lisa's hydrangea.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Beautiful render Gisela. Fabiana's Oriana happens to be my favorite Dawn character. ;)
I hadn't seen her yet, that I remembered!

Orina by Fabiana. Headpiece is from Circles for any figure by EmmaandJordi. I bought it RO. Hair is DejaVu by Fabi. Magic Sense wings are from Fabiana too. Earrings are Parrotdolphin. Outfit is Flower Faerie from Mada. Songbirds remix birds. Free butterfly by Age of Armour with matt poses by Mlw-hunted357mag at share com. Flinks trees 4 Seasons. Props are from DM, Sweet Serenity. Flower is Lisa's hydrangea. /QUOTE]
Wonderful image!