• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You know Ken, they don't necessarily have to dump it all on the last day the general public has access. They can just take down what we would see, or put up a blank page with a message about the store being closed. The vendors could still be able to access their products "behind the scenes", as it were.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
True, you don't know how they're going to handle it, but since they replied you could get them, I have to assume it will be after everything calms down. It's easy enough to put up a front page without any links so folks can't go anywhere while they do things we're not aware of. A lot of sites do that automatically when they are updating their site, so I'm thinking that's what they're going to do. It's not that easy to dump a whole site, especially an eCommerce setup, all at once, so they're going to need some time themselves.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
True, you don't know how they're going to handle it, but since they replied you could get them, I have to assume it will be after everything calms down. It's easy enough to put up a front page without any links so folks can't go anywhere while they do things we're not aware of. A lot of sites do that automatically when they are updating their site, so I'm thinking that's what they're going to do. It's not that easy to dump a whole site, especially an eCommerce setup, all at once, so they're going to need some time themselves.

Either way, they are doing this for all vendors, not just me. I am just the one who made the request. I imagine it will be much easier for them to let vendors to get their files than to handle each individually.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
My first experiment with the brand new "Character Creator 3", where I have converted Dawn in my Type-6 body sculpt to iClone to make this animation in real-time PBR rendering. I have added some particle effects, like the fire bowls and the fog. I made a new music for the animation. Rendered iClone with HDR + AO + GI. Click the thumb to see it at DeviantArt. :)

RockingBikiniBabe.gif

The interesting thing is that this is not really Dawn, but instead, her shape and morphs projected onto the CC3 figure. I didn't think this was possible since the geometries are different, but yet, it works and it's pretty easy to do! The HW UVs are supposedly compatible, but I couldn't get them into iClone/CC in this first try. I ended up using materials and clothing from iClone itself. I am VERY intrigued by how Reallusion pulled this off. For example, we cannot use Genesis morphs on HW figures, or vice-versa, since the geometries and UVs don't match.

However, I could get the Type-6 body sculpt I made for Dawn working in CC3 with just a few clicks on a completely different mesh - with no rigging at all. Not only that, but we can mix and match Dawn's morphs with those from the CC3 figure.... Start gathering the pitchforks and torches mob, because this is BLACK MAGIC!! I am very impressed. As usual with iClone, with just 1-click, I get perfect floor feet contact, which makes animating so much simpler than it is in Poser/DS. Seeing hair animate in real-time is also fun to watch, as it is with the new particle effects. And it's all real-time. Haven't tried I-ray yet, but it's in there somewhere.

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Normally I hate how most over exaggerate the bounce, but I think she need just a touch of giggle up top. Nicely done tho.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Normally I hate how most over exaggerate the bounce, but I think she need just a touch of giggle up top. Nicely done tho.

Oh yeah, I know at least 2 ways to do that in Poser, but no clue how that would work in iClone. Manual keyframing would take forever, and dynamics would probably look fake. ;p

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I would like to see how she looks without the morphs...

Here it is, from left to right, Dawn (low poly), CC3 Body Type-6 (mid-sized breasts), and CC3 Default female. I made the mid one's face with CC3 face morphs. For some reason the DS character face morph and materials I wanted to export didn't go through, but the body morph did. I have to learn how this works better. Dawn on the left was poly-reduced using the DS decimator, which doesn't do a very good job comparing to the new InstaLOD from CC3. Nonetheless, that's a 13K polys Dawn, including the hair and clothing. She can be animated in real-time even on an Android tablet.

They have added SO MANY new features that I am kind of lost at the moment. For instance, the I-ray renderer came with AI-Denoiser, which is crazy fast. They didn't even advertise about this, but it's HUGE! I was already using AI-Denoiser in Octane 4, but now the iClone/CC I-ray has the option too. This means cleaning noise in as few as 10 samples - instead of 1000, but it's hardware accelerated and requires a CUDA-enabled card. Below is a real-time PBR render from iClone. I have played with I-ray in CC3, but didn't fine where they put it in iClone yet. ;p

Render.jpg