• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You should seriously consider bringing China Blaze here, since it's for Dawn. In fact, I was surprised when I realized you didn't already have it here.

Hornet3d

Wise
I am no material room expert and have little clue how Bagginsbill's hair shader works but I love to have a play. I know from other examples of how it can generate a lovely sheen on the hair, I am only just getting there but for me at least this is a step in the right direction, definitely a WIP.

DejaVu HW.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Looks good Hornet. I have his Hair Shader, but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
You should seriously consider bringing China Blaze here, since it's for Dawn. In fact, I was surprised when I realized you didn't already have it here.

Yes, I intend to. I have contacted SMS requesting the files from my store, but I'am getting no reply.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Wonderful. You don't have a copy of all your promos and files from when you uploaded it to CP?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I had a disk failure back in 2013 that wiped out a great deal of my project files, and there are some files from CP that were lost forever. One of the projects was the very first outfit I made for Dawn, the classic bunny suit, and I had to make a new one, which is the one now in the store here. That was a massive 1TB loss in project files, the equivalent of almost 3 years of my work. Since then I have changed the way do I my backups, but those files are gone.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OUCH, that had to hurt. I was lucky when my old laptop wouldn't boot up correctly anymore. I brought it to my local Staples store, and they scanned it to make sure I wan't experiencing a virus/malware problem, and then when the scan was clean, they transferred all data to my external hard drive for me. Talk about a project I wouldn't have wanted to do myself.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yeah, that was a shock because I had never lost that much data before. Now I take my backups more seriously. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
  • I hope this doesn't break any rules, if it does I apologise and I am happy for it be removed. I did not know any other way to get the download link in.and working

• Quote 1

• bagginsbill POSER AMBASSADORS 2 years ago
    OK here it is.

Remember this is a work in progress and I'm almost positive it is broken in more than one way.

Click to download:

BB SF Hair 1-0

The shader is set up for texture mapped color. You will need to load the color map. You will need to load the transparency map.

Optionally you can ignore the color map and switch to procedural color. The node PM: Use Color Map should be set to 1 to switch on the color map, and set to 0 to switch it off and use procedural color.

Either way the PM: Color Tint value will affect the hair color. If you are using a color map and do not want to tint the map, set PM: Color Tint to white.

Gisela

Eager
  • I hope this doesn't break any rules, if it does I apologise and I am happy for it be removed. I did not know any other way to get the download link in.and working

• Quote 1

• bagginsbill POSER AMBASSADORS 2 years ago
    OK here it is.

Remember this is a work in progress and I'm almost positive it is broken in more than one way.

Click to download:

BB SF Hair 1-0

The shader is set up for texture mapped color. You will need to load the color map. You will need to load the transparency map.

Optionally you can ignore the color map and switch to procedural color. The node PM: Use Color Map should be set to 1 to switch on the color map, and set to 0 to switch it off and use procedural color.

Either way the PM: Color Tint value will affect the hair color. If you are using a color map and do not want to tint the map, set PM: Color Tint to white.
Thank you Hornet! I'm thinkig on go Superfly.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have china blaze, and I can send you the product file if you need it.

Thank you, that one I have. It's the older ones that worry me. CP said they will allow getting my files at some point, so I am counting on them.