• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

eclark1894

Visionary
I stopped watching TV in the middle of Next Gen, and have never watched the last several seasons, so I came to Enterprise fresh, so to speak, with 15 or so years between the last episode of Next Gen I watched and the later series. I seem to recall I watched Enterprise after Deep Space Nine and Voyager, but Enterprise grabbed me with the theme song and opening sequence in a way that neither Deep Space Nine nor Voyager did.

Of course, it doesn't hurt at all that Scott Bakula is one of my favorite actors. I'm in the middle of rewatching Chuck, and my favorite episodes are those with Scott Bakula as Chuck's father.

I like Bakula for the most part, but to be honest, I didn't like him at first for Archer. I personally thought he was too old, and I kept seeing flashes of Sam Beckett from Quantum Leap coming through. They weren't brief flashes either, But entire episodes.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I didn't like him at first either but only because he was so well known. One of my favorite characters was Kyle MacLaughlin in Dune. He was relatively unknown at the time and that role needed a fresh face. All time worst cast was Michael J. Fox in Bright Lights Big City. That role cried out for someone unknown - and it would have fit with the story line too.

Bright Lights Big City is a wonderful read btw. Dune is also a fantastic book.

eclark1894

Visionary
So I've been watching Hulu on my Roku service for almost six months now. I've had a few issues with the service overall, but generally I've been okay with it. But A couple of months ago, I also added Netflix and now, I'm thinking about getting rid of Hulu. I don't need both services frankly, as Netflix carries many of the same programs as Hulu does, plus Netflix has better movies and original programming. Yeah we're only talking about a few dollars per month, but I'm not getting any real benefit from the money I'm paying. I can use that money to buy more content or pay for the directory. So I think I'm going to unsubscribe.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have Netflix, but I don't stream. I just pick DVDs I want to watch.

Since I don't stream, I've never tried Hulu, but it seems pretty popular.

eclark1894

Visionary
I have Netflix, but I don't stream. I just pick DVDs I want to watch.

Since I don't stream, I've never tried Hulu, but it seems pretty popular.
I've been thinking about using the trials a little more, which is how I got started with both Netflix and Hulu. Only thing is you only really have 7 days so it almost hardly seems worth the bother. I joined Boomerang a few days ago, but I only watched a few cartoons. Just enough to realize that I'm not a kid anymore. I used to love Huckleberry Hound and still have fond memories, but well, the funny just wasn't there anymore. I just cancelled the subscription. And THAT was an all night event in and of itself, just trying to figure outwhere and how to do that before the trial runs out and charges you 40 dollars. At that point, you've already paid for the full year so you migh as well keep it. That's how they get you.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've found there are sufficient differences in what Hulu and Netflix stream that it's worth subscribing to both for me.

Hulu is good for watching current seasons, with each episode available a day after broadcast. Before I upgraded to the no commercials plan, only the most recent five episodes were available on current seasons. That may no longer be the case since Hulu discontinued free streaming.

With Netflix, all episodes are generally available when the entire season is added. I believe there are a few exceptions to this, like talk shows. Episodes are commercial free without paying an additional cost. Unless it's Netflix Originals, a season isn't usually available until after the season has ended on the network. Netflix also carries more BBC content than Hulu, like Doctor Who, Midsomer Murders, Inspector Morse & Endeavor, Call the Midwife, Broadchurch, Death in Paradise, Father Brown ... just to name a few of my absolute must watch favorites from Netflix.

CW shows are no longer available on Hulu, but now air on Netflix. So if you watched Jane The Virgin, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Supergirl, Arrow, The Flash, or iZombie on Hulu, they are now on Netflix.

I also watch Amazon Prime Video, though I'm not sure I'd subscribe to Amazon Prime Video if it wasn't included in Amazon Prime. Still, it does include movies and series that aren't available with either Hulu or Netflix.

eclark1894

Visionary
I've found there are sufficient differences in what Hulu and Netflix stream that it's worth subscribing to both for me.

CW shows are no longer available on Hulu, but now air on Netflix. So if you watched Jane The Virgin, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Supergirl, Arrow, The Flash, or iZombie on Hulu, they are now on Netflix.

I usually watch the CW Shows on the night they broadcast. Even if I miss them, CW streams on Roku for free.

Miss B

CV-BEE
The only CW show I watch regularly is Supergirl, and I also watch it on the night it's broadcast.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm sooo spoiled on no commercials and being able to watch an entire season together.

Oh, and I watch Jane The Virgin, Supergirl, and iZombie. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend finally irritated me enough that I stopped watching it.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and now CBS All Access. Since moving here a couple years ago I have the TV on all the time even when I'm not watching. I like the noise I think.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I do that as well Janet. I could be listening to a bunch of CDs, but with the TV remote here on my desk, I don't have to get up to change networks when I need to, but after a while, the CDs need to be replaced with something else to listen to. ;)

D

Deleted member 325

My issue with Enterprise was I kept expecting for Archer to leap out to the next point where he was needed...

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm the opposite. I don't like background noise at all. Which is why I'm not looking forward to our office move next year. We will have eight programmers, three computer techs, two Help Desk people, and four systems people all sitting in tiny little cubicles in an open area. Of course, the managers and director will be in offices on either end of the open area. Needless to say, I hope to retire within a year or two of the move.

The TV being constantly on even when no one was actually watching it was the main reason I quit watching TV after my divorce. I haven't even unpacked my stereo system after my 2006 move because music irritates me after about 30 minutes or so. Living on a major street, it's never really quiet here, except between 3 am and 6 am. The wee hours of the night are my favorite time because of the silence. There is just something so magical and calming about a dark sky and silence.

Now granted, I do watch a lot of Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Videos on my Fire. But if I'm focused on doing something, and no longer paying attention to what's playing on the Fire, I turn it off. Of course, since I also read Kindle books on my Fire, I clearly don't stream anything in the background :wink:

eclark1894

Visionary
I have a question. It is not TV based, but childhood based, so really, I felt like it would fit right in here.
Did anyone here play a game called Kickball as a child? If so, could you describe how you played it?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I played kick ball. It's like baseball with four bases and all the positions the same. Except there's no bat and the ball is a big ball you kick as far as you can. Why do you ask?

Miss B

CV-BEE
That sounds like a childhood version of Soccer, except in Soccer you aim for the nets rather than bases.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Not really like soccer. Once you kick the ball you run around the bases and stop at a base if they are about to touch you with the ball. Then you wait until someone kicks again and go to the next base or as far as you can go to home. I played a lot of softball as a kid. Loved the game!

eclark1894

Visionary
Not really like soccer. Once you kick the ball you run around the bases and stop at a base if they are about to touch you with the ball. Then you wait until someone kicks again and go to the next base or as far as you can go to home. I played a lot of softball as a kid. Loved the game!
That's the game! Thanks Janet. Just wanted to see if maybe we were alone in the games we played. The only thing different in the game we played was how you got a person out. As Janet said, you could touch someone with the ball, or you could nail someone with the ball when they were running to base or playing off base. And for the milennials out there who must think we were neanderthals, we used a large rubber ball or dodgeball, or basketball. In fact, my dodgeball skills came in very handy.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
we played cricket.... :blossom:

baseball/softball was never a thing when I was a kid at school... I don't think it is today either..

Brandings however...... wacko :snoopydance: