• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks Miss B :) Some of it is having recently lost an old friend...she had a stroke at her own birthday party with her kids. She was gone after a couple days of being in a coma...so she went out partying, just as she would have wanted to. Another friend from work who calls occasionally is also battling health issues. I felt the need for taking my mind off of all of that, and I always enjoyed doing 3D humor....so here I am, giving it my best shot after a fairly long absence. I still don't feel up to long hours at the monitor or extremely detailed projects...but I can handle some of the fun stuff :)

Terre

Renowned
Same here. It's always good to see you feeling up to poking in here but none of us want you to push yourself too hard.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks Miss B :) Some of it is having recently lost an old friend...she had a stroke at her own birthday party with her kids. She was gone after a couple days of being in a coma...so she went out partying, just as she would have wanted to. Another friend from work who calls occasionally is also battling health issues. I felt the need for taking my mind off of all of that, and I always enjoyed doing 3D humor....so here I am, giving it my best shot after a fairly long absence. I still don't feel up to long hours at the monitor or extremely detailed projects...but I can handle some of the fun stuff :)

The passing of friends is always sad and unfortunately something that peaks for a while as you get older. I am so sorry for your loss but happy you have found some distraction with your 3D art.

skylab

Esteemed
Isn't it the truth...one is grateful for health and long life, but watching as others pass, especially old friends, is never pleasant. I've been blessed with great memories, but I haven't come this far without learning that it's not healthy to camp out with grieving and loss. Instead, some of the humor in my 3D projects has been based on real life scenarios. The friend who recently passed....the first time I rode in her old trap car almost 40 years ago, I should have known it was a bad sign when the passenger side door was wired shut. Turned out she was a wild driver...she had one speed...wide open, full speed, and the brake pedal, to her, was an unfamiliar after thought...haha. I had just met her at work, and had ignorantly gotten into her car, not knowing her driving tendencies. We flew over railroad tracks so fast that I bounced way up in the air and hit my head on the ceiling of the car. We always laughed about that years later...and whenever it snowed, I'd ask if she had called the local news, to give them a chance to broadcast a traffic advisory before she hit the streets...haha. It was Dana's crazy driving that inspired some of Slon's 3D pose antics :)

slon-cycle.jpg

slon-horse.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
That is the one plus with it all, the fond memories, the laughs and the tender moments that live on in our minds, I have heard it says that no one truly dies until the last person who they touched in life has gone. With such memories it is so true and I am often surprised when voice, gesture or situation has suddenly generated a memory of someone and I remember as if it were yesterday.

Charles West

Adventurous
Sky glad to see the humor in the renders. While they remind you of fun times with an old friend they reminded me of an old friend that recently passed. We were riding down the road in his truck at the speed limit plus. He had a bad habit of looking at a person while he was talking to them, so my job was watching the traffic and I realized he had not noticed the red light and 3 stopped cars in front of us. I yelled 'red light' and he hit the brakes and in a controlled spin turned the truck and we found ourselves facing the other direction in the proper lane to be going that direction. I yelled his name and his response was 'well I didn't hit anything did I?' We laughed and drove down the road going back the direction we had just come from until he found a place to turn around and try again. Thanks for the memory.

I will have to get at the keyboard and write some of the stories of my memories of my old friend. He made it to his 90's so it was a long life for him.
Be kind all. Call an old friend and check on them. I have to call a friend tonight and check on them.

On the other side Deb is doing well today and it has been a good day for us. I hope all of you are well.

Charles

Terre

Renowned
Work funny: The new freezers in the frozen section are up and running and the Blue Bunny rep came in and helped reset the ice cream Monday the 9th but the warehouse people who do frozen resets can't get down here until next Monday. Meanwhile the freezers in the meat market still need side panels installed before they can be powered up (other than having their lights turned on) and the warehouse people who do meat frozen resets were in yesterday to do the reset. All they could do is set up the shelves and label them.

Charles West

Adventurous
Work funny: The new freezers in the frozen section are up and running and the Blue Bunny rep came in and helped reset the ice cream Monday the 9th but the warehouse people who do frozen resets can't get down here until next Monday. Meanwhile the freezers in the meat market still need side panels installed before they can be powered up (other than having their lights turned on) and the warehouse people who do meat frozen resets were in yesterday to do the reset. All they could do is set up the shelves and label them.

Not just your store... local Kger new fridges with the glass doors in meat dept installed.... first 4 doors don't stay closed so the dept people have to keep going back to close it.. these 4 doors the spring seems to be broken on new items... Oh well will probably be monday before they are fixed... reset people do not work weekend. The store had 99 cent ice cream use 5 times.... guess what is in the freezer. Fixed some rice...in the cooker tonight and finally got it right no overflow of water and starch film on the counter... I was using too much water... Saw a shortcut .... found the odd size not a cup for measuring the rice... and washed the rice until the water was clear... Cooked up some burgers and cut up over top of the rice... nice meal.. not fattening so I can have some of the ice cream tonight. Got some lactose free ice cream for Deb. Got word back form the powers that be that my emorphifolks are too old a character to consider So I am using them to make some art for the bbrother tweets... lot of fun. I don't know if hivewire would even look at the old set and still don't know how to do the new studio format in a way that they are transportable so the version I am working with is for Poser. I like the new look of our local store and the reset/rebuild is of such an amount that it should ensure at least 3 more years of the local store and no driving across town.. We are the 'hood' store since they closed the one about 1.5 miles down the road.

Well have a great Saturday.

Terre

Renowned
:laugh:
I've yet to see any major upgrade that doesn't have hiccups.
As far as lactose free ice cream goes there is a growing market and the majority is more than just lactose free. Most are flat out totally milk free. Rice and soy used to be the main substitutes for milk but the fastest growing one now seems to be coconut. Almond and cashew are available too. When Halo Top, So Delicious, and Dream claim to be non-dairy they really are 100% no milk ingredients.

Charles West

Adventurous
Most of those are a bit pricey Terre. Deb and I are limited what we spend on extras. I haven't read full ingredients but it is the store brand churned lactose free. Limited number of flavors but enough for the 2 of us. I do wish the Yarnells would come back out with their coffee flavor but since they were bought out that flavor seems to have disappeared. Such is the way with business these days. Jackson's vanilla wafers was made in our town and all of downtown could smell the wafers when they were cooked. I read the label on the ones that are in the store listed as 'original' but alas cost people have modified the mix. They were originally made with real vanilla but the one out now is artificial vanilla and just not the same.

One of the refridges they have yet to set up has the shelves in it but the short ones are on the bottom and the long ones on top... I keep wondering if they will figure that out before they try to stock it. I wonder how many time the doors will have to be closed this weekend. The design is nice but the new doors 'lock' open and some people don't know how to close them and I guess you understand.

Deb says hi to all and is telling me to fix something for breakfast... I hope all have a great day.

Terre

Renowned
Yes, they are a bit pricey. The lowest priced one I can find for our store is the Breyer's lactose free vanilla. Everything else we can order is specialty stuff where a pint costs nearly as much as or more than a quart of Blue Bunny.
Cost people have been at most things. Most modern "ginger" snaps don't have any ginger. They're made with cinnamon. And to make matters worse the cinnamon isn't the "sweet" cinnamon you used to be able to get. It's cassia cinnamon which is more common and cheaper. Remember how cinnamon used to be tan and the sticks were multilayered rolls of very thin bark but now is reddish and each roll is a single layer of thick bark? Different but related tree. The taste is different too. Cassia is bitter by comparison.

Charles West

Adventurous
lol most ginger snaps are ginger cookies not snaps.. they used to be thin snaps about half the thickness of the ginger cookies they sell now. The hostess twinkie is back out but about 1/3 smaller. Stuff that used to be a dozen in the box is now has 10 or worse yet 8. The good news are the chip bags are bigger... no more chips but the bags are bigger. Some settling of contents you know. We used to get boxes of ice cream... now they are tubs... smaller amounts of course. Good news less people are smoking ... but replacing it with vaping ... oil over a coil to generate a vapor... not a new idea... I had a train that you dropped oil in the smokestack to get it to smoke... mother hated it because of the burnt oil smell in the house.