• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

skylab

Esteemed
Just a simple Poser 11 Superfly render :)

hivewire-lion.jpg

Dan30

Adventurous
Now this is amazing. How can you not be moved by this image? I've been wondering how you put this one together. And I'd really like to know. The environment looks real. I imagine it is, but there are some astounding looks that can be created these days with the right software. So I wonder. You have matched the look and lighting on the animals, added soft shadows, and some convincing reflection. Then the interaction with the cubs, and the cautious parents. But the posing and foot placement is perfect on the rocky surfaces. The bugs around the head of the Lion is a very nice realistic touch, and the birds flying off after getting refreshed. Well thought out, and well done. I look for weaknesses and see none.

Impressive in every way. Very striking!! Kudos to you.

Thank you kindly Chris. I am glad you like it so much. Those lions are a great addition to the Hivewire animal family.
For this image I used an HDRI to mainly illuminate the scene and for establishing the backround. That is why it looks real. The rocks in the foreground ,middleground and the water plane are added CG models as well as the distant birds and the flies around the male lion's head and the tiny drips and splashes of water. It was then only a matter of matching the soft lighting and tint of the scene and carefully blending those CG elements in. Not very difficult to do,really, if you chose a good angle, focal lengh and framing of the HDRI. It took also a relatively short time to render on my machine, only about an hour and 30 min. (by comparison with the longer render I made that took 20 hrs.) Anyway, I had fun putting this together and I will certainly do more in the near future as those animals are great to work with.
Thank you again and congratulations for this awesome release. Looking forward to see that waiting lineup coming to life.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
A quick play trying to figure out how to do nice backlighting in DS, now I'm back on my own PC. The mane takes the lighting quite well, especially with some of the Mane Flare morph dialled in. This isn't a final render- you can see the render quality is cranked right down. I've got it running a better quality render right now. I'm rendering with a sky dome but inserting a backdrop in postwork, matching (or trying to match) the sun position to the backlight spotlight position.

The lion wakes at dawn.jpg

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
A quick play trying to figure out how to do nice backlighting in DS, now I'm back on my own PC. The mane takes the lighting quite well, especially with some of the Mane Flare morph dialled in. This isn't a final render- you can see the render quality is cranked right down. I've got it running a better quality render right now. I'm rendering with a sky dome but inserting a backdrop in postwork, matching (or trying to match) the sun position to the backlight spotlight position.

View attachment 39075
lovely! Aslan on the broken table.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thank you kindly Chris. I am glad you like it so much. Those lions are a great addition to the Hivewire animal family.
For this image I used an HDRI to mainly illuminate the scene and for establishing the backround. That is why it looks real. The rocks in the foreground ,middleground and the water plane are added CG models as well as the distant birds and the flies around the male lion's head and the tiny drips and splashes of water. It was then only a matter of matching the soft lighting and tint of the scene and carefully blending those CG elements in. Not very difficult to do,really, if you chose a good angle, focal lengh and framing of the HDRI. It took also a relatively short time to render on my machine, only about an hour and 30 min. (by comparison with the longer render I made that took 20 hrs.) Anyway, I had fun putting this together and I will certainly do more in the near future as those animals are great to work with.
Thank you again and congratulations for this awesome release. Looking forward to see that waiting lineup coming to life.

Great to gain some insights on your process. One and a half hours to render sounds great. And yes, we look forward to seeing our waiting lineup come to life as well.

Keep up the great rendering.