• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Building my portfolio

Hornet3d

Wise
Doesn't matter how good we get I think we tend to want to get better...and it's definitely not in your imagination.;)

I think that is true and we are all trying to push our skills to the limits, I guess you only know your true limits when you surpass them or fail in the attempt. That is something I find great here at Hivewire and other places where people are active and hang around, you get to see them grow and their renders and their skills improve. If nothing else it spurs the rest of us on.

Dan30

Adventurous
A shot from my recent photo safari. And guess what!? I ran into the HW Lions family, bringing their cubs to cool at the water source. :laugh: So that's how I called it: "Bringing the cubs to the water" Hope you like it and thank you for viewing.
Oh, and as you can see, the lion spotted our hiding place...:lol:

upload_2018-6-30_20-41-18.jpeg

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Love it Dan!!! Love seeing you using the lions! Next to horses (and long before horses:) they are my passion!

Dan30

Adventurous
Love it Dan!!! Love seeing you using the lions! Next to horses (and long before horses:) they are my passion!
Thank you Laurie. I kind of know as I remember a picture you posted with you holding a lion cub in your arms. I do love the big felines as well. Great job on the digital lions too.:applause:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's nice to work with. I'm not sure how they work in DS, but I can't imagine they aren't that much different than using them in Poser. Snarly Gribbly wrote a nice script that utilizes an EnvSphere by BagginsBill, and once you select the HDRi image you want to use, it's placed on the inner EnvSphere. Then you select to add a "sun" light, and the HDRi's info file will place it on the outer EnvSphere so that it's in conjunction with the light source in the background image.

Here's an example I posted in the Dusk render thread last March. You can see how the sun is shining on Dusk from the same direction as in the background Tropical Beach image.

Dusk Strolling the Beach

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Just in case no one has pointed it out, your submission to the Open Rendering Contest has been one of the scrolling banners over in the DAZ home page for some days now.

Dan30

Adventurous
Just in case no one has pointed it out, your submission to the Open Rendering Contest has been one of the scrolling banners over in the DAZ home page for some days now.
Thank you JOdel for pointing this out. I also noticed it a few days ago. Actually, this is the third time they run one of my images. What can I say, other that I feel flattered. I am particularly pleased about them running this one since it carries that environmental message. Indeed, it yielded a positive response, a lot of people appreciating it.