• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Hornet3d

Wise
I have, but it was part of an ongoing story. So necessary.

I think I will have do a render or two like that for exactly the same reasons, not aware of have done one so far and I certainly haven't posted such a render here at Hivewire. Well as certain as I can be, at my age I may have done but just can't remember.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
"Over Yonder"?
DAZ?
I went over there to see them reading it here and assuming it was "THEM".
Gotta say they look ok from the product shots but would mostly like to refrain from going just from that.
But, I also gotta say if they had made a Poser version I would have bought the whole package sight seen. I guess in a way I should thank them for saving me some bucks.....AGAIN!!! :(
I know it hurts you guys reading this Chris and I am sorry and I can imagine the frustration you all have not being able to compete.....YET!.....but I got the Big Dog and it IS a great product I just wish I had more breeds....like yesterday! I know when they are released there will be no refrain getting them. As you all know the Poser community has NEVER been known for its understanding and patience....for the most part. Maybe why the products created have always been less than perfect or less than they could be....rushed out the door to placate marketing and the rush squad only as they have always been, only to be updated later or as in many products NEVER re-addressed or truly brought up to a similar excellence as your products. If their dogs bundle had been created years ago with the care and quality your dog has now they may not have needed a new set now. Gosh how many times do dogs need to be invented?

I guess decisions are made in the marketing of these products. Aside from your staff issue, you decided to get excellence whereas they decided to get the fast buck yesterday and apparently better staffed can push the stuff out the door!
Good luck and look forward to seeing the rest of the dogs as they are released.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I'm a bit disquieted by the fact that they've given it an official numbered release, but it's Iray only. All of their human bases have included 3DLight materials.

All in all, there's a singular lack of information regarding that release. I'm not convinced about what breed the base is supposed to be, and there's a complete lack of promos that show how well their breed morphs blend with each other.

Deepsea's puppy appears to be a standalone, unless no one in charge bothered to proofread the description. It doesn't claim that the main base is required.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
All in all I think that the puppy promos here are more convincing for their purpose.

But then, I also suspect that producing *any* dog model for the 3D market is doomed to be buried alive in complaints and demands that the model doesn't represent *their* favored breed of dog. There are just too many different breeds of dog to be able to satisfy everyone. Or even just a majority.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yeah love Sparkys puppy better...hands and paws down.
But I went through all the offerings and the Hell Hound and Dragon Hound and that Bear Hound is Really cool too for someone like me who just can't get enough fantasy creatures and of course the dirty and wet textures for them get my vote as Must haves for any dog species!
Wish I had converted my work flow to DS when it first started. My mind would have been a bit fresher and more capable of wrapping itself around the learning curve and I wouldn't fell like the poor folk kid staring though the window at the toy store at stuff I will never have

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
But I went through all the offerings and the Hell Hound and Dragon Hound and that Bear Hound is Really cool too for someone like me who just can't get enough fantasy creatures and of course the dirty and wet textures for them get my vote as Must haves for any dog species!
Wish I had converted my work flow to DS when it first started. My mind would have been a bit fresher and more capable of wrapping itself around the learning curve and I wouldn't fell like the poor folk kid staring though the window at the toy store at stuff I will never have

I already had Cu-Sidhe and Hell Hound skins on my todo list for the Big Dog. I just really need to get faster...

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist

Speaking of bear-dogs...

ZGrab01.jpg

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
CWRW has free short hair LAMH for the Dog, but a long haired version would be great, it wouldn't take much to make our Lab into a Golden Retriever (or close enough).

And I love how the HW cats coats (big and small) work with the Dog, that gives it a bit more variety until the breed coats come out with the morphs.

By the way...does anyone happen to have a link to Laurie's LAMH preset for the dog? I can't seem to find it anywhere!