• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

quietrob

Extraordinary
yep I did..

not to mention I got side tracked a couple of times as well and modeled these to lol

Yabba Dabba do! Perfect for the drive in movie!

Hornet3d

Wise
I had a wacky idea to model a Wacky Races vehicle..... well.. 2 and a half weeks later I ended up with this lol all modeled in Carrara and rendered in Cararra.. you can see the thread in the Carrara board.. over yonder

Certainly brings back memories, nice render.

Hornet3d

Wise
OK, so away from the Northern UK streets I am off on another project.

I am trying to set up a few Large scenes that I can use for locations on multiple renders so that my characters have a base, or bases to work from, still leaving me a free to have them travelling in different spacecraft.

So here is my first attempt of a working location based on Ensk Station and Props by Petipet.

Ensk HW.jpg

The Dawn figure is on the walkway in the lower centre section so the size of the complex can be judged by that. It did have a few vehicles, both land and air but that wiped out my 32mb of memory (mental note - try to afford 64Mb on the next system). It does however provide multiple locations which was the aim. Nothing clever in this render but I wanted something this size as I think it will make a good night scene.

EnskFL HW.jpg

A better look at the complex.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Light Saber.jpg

Frame 39 of a 300 frame animation I am working on.
I wanted to go simple so I used second skin textures on Sydney, played with fer face in the face room, and used toon outline in Firefly. The hair is a Miki 2 refit for Sydney that I downloaded of of 'rosity a couple years back. The background and light saber effect are done in post.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
That star and planet background were created in GIMP. That is not an image I downloaded from the interwebs.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't envy you Rokket. I hate post-working 1 image, so 300 . . . nope, not going to happen.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
View attachment 36073
Frame 39 of a 300 frame animation I am working on.
I wanted to go simple so I used second skin textures on Sydney, played with fer face in the face room, and used toon outline in Firefly. The hair is a Miki 2 refit for Sydney that I downloaded of of 'rosity a couple years back. The background and light saber effect are done in post.

Aagh, I hate having to do postwork; my drawing skills have a high degree of suckage. :sick: Trying to get the post work consistent throughout an animation will be tough. See if you can figure out what hair that is. I have SydneyG2. I probably have the original Sydney somewhere, but not on this machine (Urania).
What architectural model is she standing on?
Which render engine do you intend to use? Rendering 300 frames will take a while.
What other effects do you anticipate would need postwork?

I'm thinking if you get the motion sequence worked out, etc., and send me the PZ3, I can substitute a working lightsabre (no postwork needed) and render in either Firefly or Superfly at decent quality, then send you the PNG frames. You have a video/GIF/Flash editor?

The limitation is avoiding sending me someone else's geometries or texturing JPGs. So, we need to use items which we both have, or make substitute items ourselves.

P.S. lightsabre -both FF & Sfly capable- available at Renderosity or ShareCG

P.P.S. To check motion sequence smoothness and timing, you can quickly render Preview frames with hidden line display style.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
...I think it will make a good night scene.

View attachment 36053

If you try the night scene, my first thought is to use the area light for those tower-mounted floodlights. Scale/rotate the rectangular area light to fit in front of each floodlight array. I think it would be easier to scale/align an area light to each tower than to do so with a spotlight.

For those blue lights I see along the walkway, on the cylindrical tank at left, and on the building at right, I'd add the lightcasting boost nodes.

I'd also use a boosted shader on the night skydome. Several of those in my construct sampler, and they'll fit any spherically mapped skydome.

Last edited:

Hornet3d

Wise
If you try the night scene, my first thought is to use the area light for those tower-mounted floodlights. Scale/rotate the rectangular area light to fit in front of each floodlight array. I think it would be easier to scale/align an area light to each tower than to do so with a spotlight.

For those blue lights I see along the walkway, on the cylindrical tank at left, and on the building at right, I'd add the lightcasting boost nodes.

I'd also use a boosted shader on the night skydome. Several of those in my construct sampler, and they'll fit any spherically mapped skydome.

Thanks for that, and yes I do want to do a night scene, in fact that was the plan today but a 'Fatal Error' on launching Poser side tracked me. Thanks to Janet I am back working but a few self inflicted injuries made the process harder than it could have been.

I like your ideas, the blue lights already have the ambience set on them so in firefly I just up those. I was thinking of playing with the material in superfly but I like your ideas better, particularly the use of area lights.

Watch This Space.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
The "ambient boost nodes" only work in Superfly, so, yeah, in Firefly crank up the ambient itself. If the blue lights white out with ambient=30, then use an HSV node to increase the color saturation just enough to keep them blue, and plug that into the ambient socket.