• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Couldn't live with that poke through, had to fix it, I tried to ignore it, I really did,but it was eating on me....lol
OK, I know my eyes aren't as good as they were 30 years ago, but I just compared both versions side-by-side, and I can't find any poke-through. ~scratches head~

Very well done in any case. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I THOUGHT I posted the thumb for this one in the Dawn thread..so not sure where I did put it...(besides the house cat thread)...
been distracted lately...
I first saw it in the House Cat thread, so still relevant. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Got this dress and pumps from Rosity last night. The rest was kit-bashed from my other outfits Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

OnTheFence_1200.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Your Cheongsam Dress is a perfect example. ;)

I think the one Motsura made for AnimeDoll (left side) was impractical, where we can't pose it properly even with all the 8 body handles and morphs. My version (right side) was aiming for general posing, which is always difficult when it comes to dresses and skirts. I admire people who make long conforming dresses because it multiplies the challenge.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Forget the modeling dunderhead me even has problems getting conforming clothes and shoes to work properly. It becomes a frustrating chore so I wind up giving up and going back to doing nudes......certainly not always a good rendering solution which after a while becomes just as much a pain justifying it (not to mention boring!) but far less a pain in the heinie! I have spent thousands of dollars through the years buying clothes and shoes and stuff conforming and very rarely am I pleased with how they work. :(

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Forget the modeling dunderhead me even has problems getting conforming clothes and shoes to work properly. It becomes a frustrating chore so I wind up giving up and going back to doing nudes......certainly not always a good rendering solution which after a while becomes just as much a pain justifying it (not to mention boring!) but far less a pain in the heinie! I have spent thousands of dollars through the years buying clothes and shoes and stuff conforming and very rarely am I pleased with how they work. :(

Indeed the black dress from RO doesn't pose so well on the legs, which is the usual. A simple solution would be to turn the bottom part dynamic, but the dress wasn't designed for that like the ones I make. The group doesn't give me enough space. The shoes are quite beautiful, but they have no toes to pose. Feels more like a prop than conforming shoes. I understand why people do it that way, since they is no way to predict the heel shape and angle having to model them with the feet flat. Nonetheless I always model shoes the hard way, with the complete rig. I like to be able to pose the toes.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Very nice Deecey. That's some headgear she's got. I'm assuming it comes with the hair?

Deecey

Admirable
Contributing Artist
Yes it's part of the hair. I changed up the textures on it, using some of Parrotdolphin's shaders. Oops I forgot to credit those!