• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lully's Hw Products

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
New items in store, firstly the Sweet Deal Forest Nymph outfit for Dawn

Forest Nymph for Dawn - A Lully 3D Creation at HiveWire 3D

upload_2018-2-3_18-14-32.png

upload_2018-2-3_18-14-40.png

upload_2018-2-3_18-14-49.png

upload_2018-2-3_18-14-57.png

upload_2018-2-3_18-15-4.png

This is a Poser Dynamic Top and Skirt combination for Dawn, to be used in the Poser Cloth Room. It works on morphed and unmorphed Dawn figures.

This product may work in older versions of Poser (Poser 9+), but results are not guaranteed.

What's Included & Features

• Models (.obj, .pp2)
    • 1 Smartprop Dynamic Top and Skirt combination
  • Materials (.mc6)
    • 2 Texture Mapped Materials

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist

Hornet3d

Wise
Both lovely creations but then your products always are. Sadly, as Poser only user, I will not be able to use the lights but I am finding that HDR are a real help with lighting, especially with superfly so I can see these being of great value to Daz users. I now tend to use HDR either on a dome or a background and one or two area lights on all my renders.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
An HDRI is an HDRI - so the ones that come in this set should be usable in both DS and Poser.

Hornet3d

Wise
An HDRI is an HDRI - so the ones that come in this set should be usable in both DS and Poser.

Thanks for that I was having one of my thick moments, quite common these days. I already use HDRIs so the ones from the set I could use just not any of the Dufs but at this price they would still be good value.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Thanks for that I was having one of my thick moments, quite common these days. I already use HDRIs so the ones from the set I could use just not any of the Dufs but at this price they would still be good value.

The HDR images are twice as wide as they are high, as they are gradients, there is no really distortion in them, the only downside is the lights, plus the rotations which are also duf. That would allow the dome to rotate so that the grad Centrepoint either goes up or down, not sure if you can do that in poser (its the x orientation)

Also there is a white exposure dot on it, which in daz is behind the camera, not sure how that will show up in poser, hopefully it will be behind the camera too,

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Looks great Dawn...what is the outfit in your render with the lights?

Ha! I wondered if someone would ask, I was just messing about one day trying to copy a mucha dress, it's a dirty model and won't be going anywhere soon.

Hornet3d

Wise
The HDR images are twice as wide as they are high, as they are gradients, there is no really distortion in them, the only downside is the lights, plus the rotations which are also duf. That would allow the dome to rotate so that the grad Centrepoint either goes up or down, not sure if you can do that in poser (its the x orientation)

Also there is a white exposure dot on it, which in daz is behind the camera, not sure how that will show up in poser, hopefully it will be behind the camera too,

Well it had to be worth a go so I have done a little bit of playing with these in Poser but nothing extensive. First point is whichever dome I use the white dot you mention is not so much a dot but a tall oval shape, sort of flame shaped, that does not immediately position in the centre. You can bring it into place by spinning the dome but the white shape is rather large. As all domes seemed to create the same effect it used EZdome for the most test. OK, so that is what happens but would the pack be useful in Poser, in my view it is an emphatic yes, lighting alone is great and the EZdome allows you to modify the strength by adjusting the ambient value on the outer dome. Spinning the pome on the Y axis allows you to bring the white part of the background into play and spinning on the X or Y axis give some very pleasing effects.

This is a superfly render stopped very early in the process but it should give an idea of one of the gradients in use. The lighting is purely from the dome with the ambient of the outer set at 0.5.

HDR Test HW.jpg

I let this one run a little longer to get a better idea of the illumination. Again dome only but with the ambient set at 1.0.

HDR Test 2 HW.jpg

I would add a couple of area light to this render as that is my norm as I find dome only illumination a little too soft for general renders but very useful for romantic ones. The point here is to try the pack in Poser so I added nothing and I personally think the HDRs work well, as am certainly glad I purchased them and I know I am going to use them a lot in the future. There are parts of the pack you cannot use in Poser but the HDRs are worth the pack price alone.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Glad you like it and it works for you, :)

Yes, the dot is more like an oval, this is the overview of one of the maps, so you can see where it is placed. Spinning the dome so that the oval is behind the camera will give you the best gradient, but with it behind the model will also give you a third colour (white) Personally, I'd stick with it behind the camera.
Also, glad to hear you can rotate the other axis, not sure which one would make it bow to the camera (so to speak) but this one will bring that centre line up or down and so you will get more of one colour than the other.

upload_2018-2-4_13-55-31.png