• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@CWRW wonderful work!! Wish I could have gotten DS to work for me...oh well.... but really, Laurie, GORGEOUS! :) Happy Holidays to you and your family (furry and human alike!)

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Old render from the beginnings of iray but I never posted it anywhere.

The ballet of death bl.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Awesome Laurie! I can almost feel the furriness.

Stupid question but what does it look like up close (like really close)? I was working on a render of the other BC that has LAMH that had a "little furry something" on its ear and the little something looked great while the ears on the BC looked hideous up that close (the rest of the body away from the camera looked good).

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Awesome Laurie! I can almost feel the furriness.

Stupid question but what does it look like up close (like really close)? I was working on a render of the other BC that has LAMH that had a "little furry something" on its ear and the little something looked great while the ears on the BC looked hideous up that close (the rest of the body away from the camera looked good).

That is exactly the sort of thing I am still working on the ears. One thing that LAMH can't do unless one makes a density map and not sure that will work the way I think it's supposed to... (at least as far as I have seen so far and I could be wrong/am trying some experiments on today) - and that the Poser Hair Room does much better actually - is individual densities. I am trying to see if I can adjust the density on the ears to look right. That is the one area I am finding the hardest. Everything else looks pretty good up close. Def having to go with a high hair density on the big cat but he actually renders quite a bit faster than the House Cat with LAMH. At least for me:)

Def a learning experience here! :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the Hive Armorbeast...it is a beautiful image...there is a lovely one of the cub with fur that Chris posted on Facebook also.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums from me as well Armorbeast, and I agree, that render of the cougar is fantastic.