• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Oh, so they think there were xtreme T-Rex riders...haha. Oh don't get me started, you know I can't leave anything like that alone...haha.

skylab

Esteemed
Finding some really nice stuff...and if I take in a bunch of images like this, even if it's an unfamiliar subject, I start to get the "feel" of how to go about creating the poses.

Here's some western sculpture, under the artwork link...but had to tease Terre with the image on this page :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
She even did one of the 12 Triple Crown winners. That one I would've liked to see in a larger view.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, some of the pics I wish could be viewed a little larger. Watermarks and stuff don't matter, just using the pic for reference.

skylab

Esteemed
I've been meaning to ask...are Dawn and Dusk poses universal...that is, can poses for one be used with the other? Adjustments would have to be made in stance for feminine and masculine, but with general poses, do they work for both figures?

Terre

Renowned
They used to use 50 gallon barrels in the old days. Probably use less damaging things in case they get hit nowadays. Safety rules and such.

No blizzard (at least not yet) but those rain drops are COLD! Come to think of it "warm rain" is an oxymoron to me. Probably due to never having live at a low elevation since I was 7.

Terre

Renowned
Finding some really nice stuff...and if I take in a bunch of images like this, even if it's an unfamiliar subject, I start to get the "feel" of how to go about creating the poses.

Here's some western sculpture, under the artwork link...but had to tease Terre with the image on this page :)
*snicker* Well, mammoth and wooly rino perhaps.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've been meaning to ask...are Dawn and Dusk poses universal...that is, can poses for one be used with the other? Adjustments would have to be made in stance for feminine and masculine, but with general poses, do they work for both figures?
Good question Sky. I'm not sure.

OK, just checked, and Dusk's Kneeling 02 worked on DawnSE, though her right arm doesn't quite rest on her raised right knee, and her left hand isn't quite resting on her left thigh. Close enough to tweak though.

That said, not sure about other vendor poses. These are the Everyday Poses that came with Dusk.

skylab

Esteemed
So, look out tonight if the temps drop...that cold rain could turn to something else.

Was asking about the poses since I'd already gotten a scene set up to begin a moderate turn...nothing extreme...with Dusk...wondered if I could use it later to get Dawn set up. I don't even know if I've got appropriate clothing...she's been invited to the rodeo and doesn't have a thing to wear....ho-hmmmm :)

TURN SETUP.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Okay, close enough to tweak helps a bunch, thanks :) I usually name stuff in progress "test poses", so they don't get mixed up with the finals later. I use them as starter poses. That will save a lot of time for me this evening.

Terre

Renowned
Perhaps she needs to borrow some of Dusk's clothes. At least they would be closer then the ermmmm... "cowgirl" outfits I've seen elsewhere.

skylab

Esteemed
One thing I'm finding difficult to get around...not impossible, just slightly difficult...Harry has these slender, stylized legs...but western rodeo horses are stocky and muscular. I could adjust Harry on my end, but if the user is applying the poses to the default Harry, there could be a significant difference, like accounting for how the saddle fits or the distance of Dusk's legs from the body. I'm beginning to see what Suro use to mention, about the build of certain horses...for the artwork to be authentic, it really does matter...but for pose creation, I'm sorta locked into a narrow path with the default. Same with facial expressions....if I go all out and create characters and facial expressions, then the user will have to have morph packs in order to apply them. Feels like a constraint that I'd like to break out of one of these days....oh well, just thinking out loud.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey, that's the answer....and I agree about the "cowgirl" outfits, she may as well wear nothing...haha. I could use CrossDresser and probably put something together for her....thanks Terre...this is a three-head project, but so far this has been very helpful :)