• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
I was thinking you were near the Texas border, since you got slammed right before the Amarillo storm last time. Anyway, glad you're not trying to walk to work in a blinding snowstorm. It's like an early spring day here...it's wonderful :)

Terre

Renowned
Yup. Amarillo is just a few hours drive away and is where the store's primary supplier is. They tend to get a bit more ice and snow than we do.

skylab

Esteemed
I'm searching barrel turn pics for reference, and there are some interesting poses...really extreme stuff. I may try a series of these, just to see how it goes over. I need to find a barrel too, preferably free, that folks can use to set up their scenes.

skylab

Esteemed
I'm seeing a lot of women in competition too...so maybe it's time for Dawn to be included perhaps.

Terre

Renowned
I'm seeing a lot of women in competition too...so maybe it's time for Dawn to be included perhaps.
Pole bending is mostly female from what I've seen. The HS rodeo I mentioned having seen part of didn't have any boys taking part in that event.
There were some girls in the calf roping and I think in the cutting as well.

skylab

Esteemed
I'm seeing a few men's pics also, but majority women, so looks like Dawn's gonna get a shot at this. I'm seeing the phrase Turn 'n Burn a lot. That would make a good name for the pose set. Maybe I'll do Dawn for the barrel racing, and Dusk for the rodeo riding...there's some funny pics of the guys being thrown off the horse. May take my time and see how extreme I can make the poses, instead of playing it kinda safe like I did with Mil Horse poses.

Terre

Renowned
Saw some funny things at the HS event's pole bending. A few girl's horses were so new that they clearly hadn't yet figured out what they were supposed to be doing. BTW: The rider MUST keep their hat on throughout this event. If it falls off you are disqualified.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I like Turn 'n Burn as the name for the pose set. ;)

There were a few images on that site I got a kick out of, especially the Lateral Hazzard drawing in the Cowboy Golf group. :rofl:

skylab

Esteemed
You're kidding...the hat has to stay on...whew. I was thinking more like if you make it with your leg still attached...I saw a pic of one lady whose horse was cutting it so close that she took her leg out of the stirrup and basically raised it over her head in order to make the turn. Those gals aren't fooling around...haha. So, you glue your hat on your head and you're good to go...haha.

Terre

Renowned
Since it's true for pole bending it's probably also true for barrel racing. One girl who would have had one of the top times lost her hat so she was out. The kids were there for experience and fun as well as competition so they all kept going no matter what happened. A couple of the girls had pretty poor times in the pole bending because their horses were confused but they got the horses turned and going the right way and completed the task.

skylab

Esteemed
I would think it would be good for the kids to start young, training themselves as well as their horses...and by the time they are in high school, they could be good at what they're doing. I image when they are young and first starting out, the bloopers can be kinda funny.

Terre

Renowned
Did you know that paleontologists say that they have found a number of male Neanderthal remains with the same injuries that bull rider get?