• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Terre

Renowned
I tried it once many years ago. the person who was/is farming them was doing a demo in the store to try to convince our customers and the owners that it was worth carrying. It looked an tasted like VERY lean beef to me. put it next to extremely lean beef and the Emu looked red while the beef looked orange. Reactions were OK but the cost was way too high for our customers.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I tried it once many years ago. the person who was/is farming them was doing a demo in the store to try to convince our customers and the owners that it was worth carrying. It looked an tasted like VERY lean beef to me. put it next to extremely lean beef and the Emu looked red while the beef looked orange. Reactions were OK but the cost was way too high for our customers.

Yes, but did you like it? Does it really have it's own taste? If you've tasted Duck, you know it doesn't taste like chicken or rabbit.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know if it was the part I tried or the way it was cooked but it tasted like I had blood in my mouth. I'm a big meat eater and I don't think I've had anything like it. Except Kangaroo, its a little metallic too. I didn't much care for Crocodile either but apparently the taste can change depending on what it has been eating, mine tasted like a greasy fishy pork :speechless:

Terre

Renowned
I don't know if it was the part I tried or the way it was cooked but it tasted like I had blood in my mouth. I'm a big meat eater and I don't think I've had anything like it. Except Kangaroo, its a little metallic too. I didn't much care for Crocodile either but apparently the taste can change depending on what it has been eating, mine tasted like a greasy fishy pork :speechless:
Part of your problem may have been that birds don't store fat inside their muscles, they store it under their skin, while mammals do store fat in their muscles. That is where the marbling comes from. It does alter the flavor.

Emu and that other large bird both taste the same to me. Very bloody, like venison almost. If you cook it correctly it tastes good but certainly it is not worth a big price increase over grass fed beef.

quietrob

Extraordinary

Thank you!! We're top of the food chain and I like to try just about everything at least once. Normally, I find what you and @Dragonsegg already know. Snails, meh. Rabbit, Meh. Grass Fed happy cow tastes best. Salads are okay, but it can't beat a good taco!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Snails, meh but I do like Rabbit (except for the little bones), I like beef and pork but can take or leave lamb (I'll eat it if the other 2 aren't available). I love Goose, just really hard to get in my neck of the woods (or its reeeeeaaaaalllly expensive). I'll try most meat once but I can't do offal

xyer0

Brilliant
There was a South African restaurant across from where I once worked, and they served emu that was better than any beef I've ever had. No gamey or metallic taste. Just flavorful meat well done! It was my favorite. I thought that all emu tasted like that. I suppose they just knew how to prepare and cook it.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
My mum's cat likes raw rabbit. She found her right in front of the main entrance way after my mum finished a walk. She had my step father pick up the remains.

Jakiblue

whoa, this thread just 'sploded! LOL. Can I catch up? Let's see - I am flabbergasted at people saying they live in places where it gets to BELOW zero (I don't care if they are referring to celcius or fahrenheit, it's still cold!) I can't even comprehend that type of cold. I'm flat out wearing a jumper in winter sometimes here.

never been chased by a goose or chicken or emu - had a chook thrown at me once when I was kid which kinda traumatized me...and had a duck attack me and send me shrieking back to the car... as for emu's, I wouldn't want to be chased by one, but the two animals that scare the ever-loving daylights out of me are saltwater crocodiles and cassowaries. I'd be more terrified of meeting a cassowary (especially a male with chicks) than I would be of emus tho.

hmm i have no art background whatsoever. I took art in high school sometimes cos it was an 'easy' subject and failed consistently. LOL. I can't draw a straight line.

I've eaten crocodile (it was ok), kangaroo (meh) and buffalo (Cape buffalo, not those big hairy ones you see on american westerns) which was ok. Not a massive fan of any of them.

My cat has never brought home a rabbit to eat. He has however, brought home two guinea pigs and laid their carcasses neatly under my computer desk for me to find when I woke up. I spent the next week with an ear out for the broken-hearted sobbings of some child in the street, and had a major guilt trip.

My cat has never brought home a rabbit to eat. He has however, brought home two guinea pigs and laid their carcasses neatly under my computer desk for me to find when I woke up. I spent the next week with an ear out for the broken-hearted sobbings of some child in the street, and had a major guilt trip.

I had a serial massmurderer as a cat. Nikky, male and the best hunter I ever had. He usualy killed a whole rabbit family each year, starting with the babies up to the biggest parent; he usually only eat the head (you know Brainz!:p probably he tried to get input where to find the others ;)). Doves were also a favorite and tons of voles. One time he lined seven voles in a neat line on the meadow; he just killed them, didn't eat them. Doves on the other hand, yummy innards!!! But he wasn't fond of the defeathering to get to the parts he wanted.

But he never brought home guinea pigs, dead or alive........