• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Sadly, it's not a spouse that can be a PITA about priorities such as rent and 3D goodies. No ... it's me!

It's one reason I still don't have a Convection Microwave Oven. Well, priorities and a tiny little problem like ... I just can't DECIDE!!!
I love my convection oven, I use it for 90% of my baking and grilling.... meat is tender and juicy and cooks up pretty fast. Pizza on the other hand, ... recently I bought a pizza round that was designed to fit into a small convection oven so next time I buy a frozen pizza I'll use that and hopefully that will be better. My huge oven rarely gets used. I think they last thing I made it in was medicinal brownies and that was well over a year ago. I do use a burner on the top every so often but rarely and I still do my eggs over a burner as I like them sunny side up and runny! YUM!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
View attachment 28692
I no see a hop, sip & jump above the Strait of Juan de Fuca! So ... I'd think you'd be more prone to setting the bees of war on your software or computer!
LOL. You don't see it because you're using the original forum style and not blackened green. That's one reason I use blackend green- it shows the location info people have put in. The original doesn't. Plus easier on my eyes.

Oooh, Willow - MAGNETS...yeah, that'll do major computer harm!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I love my convection oven, I use it for 90% of my baking and grilling.... meat is tender and juicy and cooks up pretty fast. Pizza on the other hand, ... recently I bought a pizza round that was designed to fit into a small convection oven so next time I buy a frozen pizza I'll use that and hopefully that will be better. My huge oven rarely gets used. I think they last thing I made it in was medicinal brownies and that was well over a year ago. I do use a burner on the top every so often but rarely and I still do my eggs over a burner as I like them sunny side up and runny! YUM!

Same here, RAM, I love my convection oven. BTW, they make a mean NY Cheesecake from scratch!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
What convention oven do you both have RAM and Glitter?

I'm leaning toward the Cuisinart CMW-200 1.2-Cubic-Foot Convection Microwave Oven with Grill

xyer0

Brilliant
LOL. You don't see it because you're using the original forum style and not blackened green. That's one reason I use blackend green- it shows the location info people have put in. The original doesn't. Plus easier on my eyes.
Hi Alisa, where is the control for blackened green? I thought "Strait of Juan de Fuca" was a wtf joke because I did not see that either. Or was it a joke?

theschell

Brilliant
I'd drop Poser, DS and Hexagon if I could find a single software that does what all 3 of them together do as easily as they do it... but I haven't found that software yet. Can't get my head around Blender (not a numbers or shortcut key remembering type guy), Couldn't get my head into the tricks of 3DS Max, haven't tried Lightwave (can't afford it any more than I can afford any other high-cost product), and just haven't been able to wrap my brain (tiny and pea-sized as it is) around any of the other suites I've tinkered with. I'm self-taught, and when I was last in school Windows was a DOS-prompt program and Graphic Design had nothing to do with computers.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist

I'm leaning toward the Cuisinart CMW-200 1.2-Cubic-Foot Convection Microwave Oven with Grill

I got this one because it's stainless steel through and through. No weird coating on it which can be linked to cancer. There was one by another company that I was considering but after reading the reviews I wrote them and they admitted to putting a non stick coating on the inside and that just turned me off. :( I don't own a microwave but the convection oven is the next best thing aside from boiling water but then I have an electric carafe for that and it heats up water in about 2 minutes.

Amazon.com: Cuisinart CSO-300 Combo Steam/Convection Oven, Silver DISCONTINUED BY MANUFACTURER: Convection Countertop Ovens: Kitchen & Dining

Here is the newer model.. I just re read that page and I guess mine is old! lol

https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CS...ss/dp/B01JRT2WOG/ref=dp_ob_title_kitchen?th=1

theschell

Brilliant
I read this with some amusement, not that your words were funny more from the fact I think I could have written the very same post as I often feel the same. There are also moment when I find I have to remind myself that, while this is certainly true for some those that act in that way are going to get far more publicity that those that are not. This is bound to skew opinions and, for the large part I do not blame the people, more the laziness of the media or the endless drive to dumb down everything reported. That said, that is my view and the reader should keep in mind that I am of the age where the 'grumpy old man syndrome' is well established and that will colour anything I say.

I'm definitely suffering from early onset "Grumpy Old Man Syndrome"... and then some! Sometimes I even feel the urge to shout "Get off my lawn you darned kids!"... LMAO :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think I've written this before somewhere...
I tried Poser many years ago, I'm sure it was before I moved to Queensland so it must be over 15 years ago. I just couldn't work it out let a lone do an actual render so walked away.
2 years ago I got DS, clicked a few things and made a decent render. I still have a lot to learn about 3DL but I LOVE Iray, problem is my computer does not. If I try and do a render in Iray it has to be under 400 pixels and rendered under 30% other wise it WILL crash (will sometimes crash before that too) so it is utterly useless to me until I can afford a new computer (which is highly unlikely to be any time soon since I'm unemployed at the moment).
I got the Poser 11 Pro at the end of last year. I still find it hard to work in FOR ME. If it wasn't for DS, I don't think I would have been able to work it out, like I couldn't work it out all those years ago. If it wasn't for DS, and for it being free, I wouldn't have started in this wonderful medium.

What was all that sharing about? I think its funny how some programs just CLICK very easily for some people and others it doesn't. It's a wonderful part of being human in that we are all not alike, how boring would life be if we were all the same?

D

Deleted member 325

And you have every right to your feelings. I would point out that by that happening, though, a lot of people - many of whom you know and I suspect care about, who use and love DS (as well as those who support themselves and their families at that company), would be hurt.

Not trying to be argumentative or offensive, just rather blunt today for a lot of other reasons - but in my age and bitterness things like that have gotten very simple for me. Those who choose to back a company who has behaved the way Daz3D does know what they are getting in to - or at least should. It would be unfortunate for them to lose access to tools, but there are lots of free 3D tools, some very feature rich *cough*Blender*cough*, available in the world. I would also point out, DS was not always free - and what was done when they went to 4.0 was a punch in the face to everyone who essentially laid out hundreds of dollars to buy in to a beta version (at the time the full version with content tools was twice the cost of Poser Pro) that was given away free once all of the bugs were fixed. While I did not buy in to the beta release of 4.0, I did Pay for DS 3.0 advanced and a lot of plugins that were then broken in 4.0 and I was expected to buy the plugins again (those that were updated that is). Also there was the whole Carrara 8 fiasco (another software I paid for that did not function as advertised). Most of its selling features did not work on 64 bit system, and tech support essentially refused to honor the 30 day refund policy for those features constantly insisting those of us who purchased wait for fixes...then no fixes but a paid upgrade cost for 8.5 "because we added genesis support". Just more outright underhanded and unethical conduct from Daz3D staff and executives. Those who know me more will know - this isn't even the tip of the iceberg of my gripes with Daz3D, and I could go on for pages. I had also given them countless chances to set things right and instead their admins, executives, and many of their closest vendors have vilified me personally, openly on other forums, and behind the scenes in communications with brokerages and their admins, websites, and persons they were seeking to recruit.

So this latest round of wasting independent artists time, not just the Hivewire team, but I will throw a nod out to Vanishing Point's administrator John and all of his artists, Dark seal, So many from Content Paradise, and any others who went through this) by "recruiting" them, making them expend time and resources changing products and promos for their standards, only to back out a week, 10 days, or a month later, just adds to the public knowledge-base of why Daz3D deserves to go under. Any company that behaves this way deserves to go out of business. It also makes me wonder what the true reasons and end game here is (I have suspicions aplenty) - but make no mistake, I believe it was planned from the start based on my own first hand knowledge of Daz3D and dealings I have had with them.

I would also point out, there are many who would be hurt by the demise of Poser, yet it has not affected the negativity toward poser spewed in so many places, including the official Poser forums, by some of DS's staunchest supporters. Even claims time and again that Poser is already dead or obsolete. I made my peace with it already - If Poser ceases to be (which seems doubtful) I will continue to use the versions I have and the content I have and start focusing more on Lightwave (which I really should do anyway given what I invested in it).

I didn't say all of this initially because I wasn't looking for a fight or trying to add fuel to the fire, and also because much of it has been said before. It needs to be said though. Those who take offense at my attitude given these factually provable events, I would suggest really need to do some soul searching and look to the real root of the problem, Daz3D's management and staff, and consider closely keeping themselves tied to that wagon.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi Alisa, where is the control for blackened green? I thought "Strait of Juan de Fuca" was a wtf joke because I did not see that either. Or was it a joke?

Hi, xyero, and welcome!!

No, not a joke :)

Bottom of the forum pages on the left, there's something that probably now says !HiveWire 3D. Hover over and it says Styld chooser. Click and you can change back and forth between the 2 styles :)

Same here, RAM, I love my convection oven. BTW, they make a mean NY Cheesecake from scratch!

Ok, now you've done it, Traci. I am dying for a piece of NY Cheesecake!!!!

D

Deleted member 325

I'd drop Poser, DS and Hexagon if I could find a single software that does what all 3 of them together do as easily as they do it... but I haven't found that software yet. Can't get my head around Blender (not a numbers or shortcut key remembering type guy), Couldn't get my head into the tricks of 3DS Max, haven't tried Lightwave (can't afford it any more than I can afford any other high-cost product), and just haven't been able to wrap my brain (tiny and pea-sized as it is) around any of the other suites I've tinkered with. I'm self-taught, and when I was last in school Windows was a DOS-prompt program and Graphic Design had nothing to do with computers.
Lightwave runs regular sales where it is around $600 (still steep but well worth it). Fair warning, it has a very steep learning curve. You can get by without learning keyboard shortcuts, but it is so much easier if you do...and it is very powerful.

I doubt you're going to find one that does it, and if anything does manage it, it will probably end up being blender of all things. I have it, but it makes Poser seem downright comprehensible by comparison, and I'm not that comfortable with Poser.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd also wishlisted the CS0-300 Combo Steam/Convention Oven, just wasn't sure about the steam aspect of it.

Hmm ... Amazon still has four in stock ...

I primarily use my microwave for steaming vegetables, reheating stew, and occasionally for nachos (which for me is just grated Cheddar on Tostitos Multigrain Scoops).

Thanks RAM!

D

Deleted member 325

I just had an entire response go missing after typing and hitting post... :mad:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist

I'd also wishlisted the CS0-300 Combo Steam/Convention Oven, just wasn't sure about the steam aspect of it.

Hmm ... Amazon still has four in stock ...

I primarily use my microwave for steaming vegetables, reheating stew, and occasionally for nachos (which for me is just grated Cheddar on Tostitos Multigrain Scoops).

Thanks RAM!
The Steam function............OMG.. I so so love that. Say you go get Chinese and you don't eat all of it and have to reheat it... most of the time reheating rice is pretty much a no go. With the Steam function... it's like you just got it from the restaurant! No lie! I love love love that function, use it all the time :)