• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome Nanette! Wow, I sure know THAT name :). Thanks for all the awesome freebies you do!

If you are a VP fan, and checked our store link, check again as I just reactivated a bunch of his products that we'd had to remove when he was going to be selling at DAZ. More coming down the road. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Welcome Nanette! Wow, I sure know THAT name :). Thanks for all the awesome freebies you do!

If you are a VP fan, and checked our store link, check again as I just reactivated a bunch of his products that we'd had to remove when he was going to be selling at DAZ. More coming down the road. :)

The news gets better by the day.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
can I be like Switzerland and not choose a side? Or do I have to decide between here or there? This is not trying to start a flame war with a flamethrower but an honest question. I am not asking to rehash the issues?

I prefer to be a pacifist and rather not take sides. Not saying anyone is perfect as in cannot make any mistakes but I am also not saying someone can do no right.

I know someone who has a grudge against me I think. I do not know why nor can I remember anything about why. I understand the frustration of being seen that I can do no right.

I try my best not to hold grudges but that is partly due to my memory issues. Those memory issues are getting better I think.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Welcome Nanette! Wow, I sure know THAT name.:) Thanks for all the awesome freebies you do!

If you are a VP fan and checked our store link, check again as I just reactivated a bunch of his products that we'd had to remove when he was going to be selling at DAZ. More coming down the road. :)

Welcome news indeed! Thanks, Alisa!

can I be like Switzerland and not choose a side? Or do I have to decide between here or there? This is not trying to start a flame war with a flamethrower but an honest question. I am not asking to rehash the issues?

I prefer to be a pacifist and rather not take sides. Not saying anyone is perfect as in cannot make any mistakes but I am also not saying someone can do no right.

I know someone who has a grudge against me I think. I do not know why nor can I remember anything about why. I understand the frustration of being seen that I can do no right.

I try my best not to hold grudges but that is partly due to my memory issues. Those memory issues are getting better I think.

Everyone has an opinion or viewpoint here and are welcome to express themselves and be heard without being called out on it! It's your mind and no one has the right to tell you how to think. That's what the Hive is all about! We all live and learn together! :balloon03:

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Right. You know, if someone posted an opposing view here, in support of DAZ, I would hope and anticipate that no one would jump on them, either. We can correct information that is incorrect, if stated, but everyone's got a right to their opinions.

eclark1894

Visionary
Welcome news indeed! Thanks, Alisa!

Everyone has an opinion or viewpoint here and are welcome to express themselves and be heard without being called out on it! It's your mind and no one has the right to tell you how to think. That's what the Hive is all about! We all live and learn together! :balloon03:
That's why I'm aginst what claims to be social justice these days. Especially all the political correctness going on on college campuses. You're supposed to be able to speak your mind, openly and freely. The moment you try to shut down opposition to your point of view, regardless of whether it's right or wrong, you become part of the problem you claim to hate so much.

sean_martin

Motivated
That's why I'm aginst what claims to be social justice these days. Especially all the political correctness going on on college campuses. You're supposed to be able to speak your mind, openly and freely. The moment you try to shut down opposition to your point of view, regardless of whether it's right or wrong, you become part of the problem you claim to hate so much.

Well, not to send the thread into a side rail, but let's remember that speaking one's mind should come from a place of an informed opinion, not something easily debunked. To say, amoung other things, that you have the right to loudly declaim that, for example, (1) the Holocaust never happened, (2) women are too emotional to hold public office, and (3) LGBT folk are morally inferior because of what some "holy" book says is not exactly spouting an informed opinion. So sure, you have the right to say it. But you also have attendant responsibilities that come with that right — and in this case, it's making sure you can defend your opinion with some degree of substance more than just "well, I have the right to say any ol' thing that pops into my head!" If you cant do that, then sorry but you lost any basis for thinking it's doing anyone any good. And to blame that kind of narrow thinking on "political correctness" is pretty simplistic as well.

Just my 0.02. YRMV

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, not to send the thread into a side rail, but let's remember that speaking one's mind should come from a place of an informed opinion, not something easily debunked. To say, amoung other things, that you have the right to loudly declaim that, for example, (1) the Holocaust never happened, (2) women are too emotional to hold public office, and (3) LGBT folk are morally inferior because of what some "holy" book says is not exactly spouting an informed opinion. So sure, you have the right to say it. But you also have attendant responsibilities that come with that right — and in this case, it's making sure you can defend your opinion with some degree of substance more than just "well, I have the right to say any ol' thing that pops into my head!" If you cant do that, then sorry but you lost any basis for thinking it's doing anyone any good. And to blame that kind of narrow thinking on "political correctness" is pretty simplistic as well.

Just my 0.02. YRMV
Well, as you say, Sean, we don't want to derail this thread, so if you'd like to start another and as long as we abide by civil rules and don't become beligerant or intolerant with me or any other poster who wishes to join in, I'm all open for a free and open civil debate. You see, I'm all open to a civil debate and as long as you can support your beliefs with facts, not feelings or suppositions, I'm more than willing to at the very least listen to what you or anyone else has to say. Where I draw the line is the moment you try to stop me from expressing my view point just because you disagree with me, asnd that's pretty much "political correctness" in a nutshell.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Well, as you say, Sean, we don't want to derail this thread, so if you'd like to start another and as long as we abide by civil rules and don't become beligerant or intolerant with me or any other poster who wishes to join in, I'm all open for a free and open civil debate. You see, I'm all open to a civil debate and as long as you can support your beliefs with facts, not feelings or suppositions, I'm more than willing to at the very least listen to what you or anyone else has to say. Where I draw the line is the moment you try to stop me from expressing my view point just because you disagree with me, asnd that's pretty much "political correctness" in a nutshell.

The Sandbox is the perfect place for such discussions, should you wish to continue them.

sean_martin

Motivated
No, not worth it, but good to know anyway.

Of course, the Tesla thing ran a bit afield. Just pointing that out.

Y'all have a nice day.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
No, not worth it, but good to know anyway.

Of course, the Tesla thing ran a bit afield. Just pointing that out.

Y'all have a nice day.

And so did "typing speed', but we are fine with it as long it doesn't totally take over the thread. Typing speed and Tesla are relatively "safe" topic drifts. When you start talking Social Justice and Free Speech, those topics can become highly passionate very quickly and would be best broken out on their own to be separate from THIS announcement thread which is also highly passionate.

Enjoy your day as well, @sean_martin !

eclark1894

Visionary

Rats! Now I have to redirect the Vanishing Point link in my Directory.:tantrum:

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Link hasn't changed, Earl, it's just that there are more products there than if someone checked them before I posted :)