1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by Lyne, Feb 5, 2016.

1. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

Before Milli Vanilli, there was the Archies, move those hips, Betty! A nice bit of nostalgia, Earl! Did you notice Reggie was just into it?

2. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

What... the heck? Why not?

quietrob likes this.
  3. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

I remember when they released Sugar Sugar and Bang Shang a lang on some cereal boxes.

c4a1dfee69ba929dce582ef94f3cd69b.jpg

quietrob likes this.
  4. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Okay, I promise, last one. What a lot of people don't know though is that there was a real group that fronted for the Archies.

the-archies-kirshner.jpg

The guy who did the vocals was named Ron Dante.

quietrob likes this.
  5. KageRyu

KageRyu Rabid Art Monkey Contributing Artist

"Soup - Soup - you know you are so good for me!"

6. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

I can remember getting that song on the back of a cereal box. You would cut out the record and they actually played!

quietrob likes this.
  7. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

Me too! It actually worked on our portable turntable which of course had speakers embedded in it and folded up like a suitcase. Now back in the day that was value. These days you probably have to enter your information and then download it. It will last longer today as MP3 files are indestructible as most files are but back then you didn't need to enter your information to be passed around the dark web and sold without your knowledge. Just clipped and enjoyed. It made watching the cartoon on Saturday morning more fun!

Janet likes this.
  8. AlphinaNovaStar

AlphinaNovaStar Energetic

I been wanting to see Riverdale

9. KageRyu

On this sleepless night I am digging Season 1 of Stranger Things.
    Need more Venture Brothers and People of Earth...

10. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Venture Brothers just showed up on my Roku feed from Hulu.

11. KageRyu

I love Venture Brothers, but I will say it is not for everyone. It can be pretty irreverent.

12. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

It's hilarious. I also get Rick and Morty.

KageRyu and quietrob like this.
  13. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

I binged on Rick and Morty and Tron, and now I'm all caught up. I'm binging now on Bleach and ER.

14. KageRyu

"Mecha Shiva! Mecha Shiva! Mecha Shiva!"
    "What happened to henchman 29?"
    "Brock Samson.."
    "Sheesh, say no more. Poor #$@#."

15. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

We've grooved with the Archies, Now it's time to dance to a brand new grove with The Jackson 5!

16. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

So... last night I was watching something on Youtube. Don't even remember what it was now, but it reminded me of a show I used to love watching back in the 70s. No, it wasn't a cartoon or a sitcom. In fact it was an educational program on PBS called ... well, I'll get to that in a moment, because last night I couldn't remember the name of the show or the host. It nearly drove me crazy not being able to remember. But I couldn't so I just went to bed. So today, I'm at work, and all of a sudden the name of the show popped into my head. Still couldn't remember the host, but I'd wanted to look it up on Youtube and I needed the name of the show to do that, so I looked it up. Sure enough, there are several episodes of the show there. The show's name is Connections, and the host was named James Burke. This was an excellent show, and you ALWAYS learned stuff and it was entertaining as well. Burke just killed me with his British sense of humor. I had a couple of professors like this guy in college too.

So just for the sake of letting you see what I found so entertaining, here's a link to episode 1.

17. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Finished Binging on 15 years of Bleach, the anime, now on season 6 of ER. I'm bouncing around on MythBusters on Hulu right now.

18. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

OK, I don't remember who asked, but the McGyver theme IS still the same. It may be an undated version, but I just heard it a few minutes ago, and it sounds pretty much the same to me.

19. AlphinaNovaStar

is there a netflix app for windows 10? I cannot make up my mind which browser to use to watch Netflix, so hoping for a Netflix app.

20. AlphinaNovaStar

What is a record? it looks too big to be a CD.