• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What I worked on today

Dan30

Adventurous
OMG I won the prize for modeling, I actually won! I never won anything ever before, but the Wacom Mobile studio pro 16" is all mine and I can hardly believe it!
I'm not long back from the college after the prize announcements and I'm getting changed and made up to rush out to a friends 18th party and I'm so excited about winning such a great and expensive prize. I was confident of winning after all the work and time I put in but was not really 100% sure of it because no matter how good we are there is always someone better than us.
I will really enjoy my friends party tonight. I am so excited, you just wouldn't believe how much!

Chat tomorrow, or probably Sunday. Thank you all for your support and encouragement!

I can only imagine your joy. Congratulations on this well deserved win. Hard work and dedication always pays off.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I'm experimenting with water splashes and ripples in ZBrush, rendered in Keyshot. Once I'm happy with it, I'll use the technique for my entry in the current Hivewire competition. Of course, I need to buy some of Ken's birds first!

water.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Very cool Bonnie...I used to have a lot of his brushes. Still haven't checked what I need to redownload as I lost a lot when my external hard drive died.

I also have Michael Dunham's brushes so I must check there to see what I have also...Haven't reinstalled that yet either.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That looks cool Bonnie, though here we call them ladybugs, but I just checked on Wikipedia, and they are the same species of insect.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I didn't realize there were specific numbered patterns either Bonnie, but red and black are my favorite colors, especially when used together. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
That truly is amazing work, I envy your obvious talents.

My muse has deserted me at the moment which considering all the TV over here is either football or tennis, neither of which I follow, is a real pain. Settling with a good book is difficult as it is so hot and difficult to get comfortable. With all that it is good to see someone not only with the ideas but the skill to turn them into something special. Well done.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Thanks Min and Hornet. :)

I'll probably do the renders tomorrow or Tuesday as I'm off to a barbecue now. Yeah I agree about the soccer Hornet, it's all over the TV at the moment, and I'm not all that fond of tennis either.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
The barbecue wasn't fun for very long at all. A couple of the Dads were tanked up on beer and started fighting, so me and my friends left early and came home. We did manage to stuff ourselves with food and sweet stuff before the fight started.
Anyway, I am back home now and here is my interpretation of a ladybird after a few minutes cooking in Keyshot:

Ladybird.88.jpg

Ladybird.89.jpg

Everything (the ladybird and leaf) was done in ZBrush, sculpting, painting/texturing etc. Hairs with ZBrush fibermesh. The background is a forest image and lighting is an outdoor HDRI, rendering done in Keyshot.
I think I put about 15-20 hours total into this, but I'm not certain because like most of you I don't really keep proper track of the time I put into my projects. Searching up reference images probably took a few hours alone.