• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What I worked on today

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Thanks. Yes I just need to fix this so I can add a weave material to the mesh for a Normal map and then make the cloth things for the sides (actually I might make them tonight seeing as I'm currently getting nowhere with the texture issue). There's only about an hours work to do for completion once that problem is fixed.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks. Yes I just need to fix this so I can add a weave material to the mesh for a Normal map and then make the cloth things for the sides (actually I might make them tonight seeing as I'm currently getting nowhere with the texture issue). There's only about an hours work to do for completion once that problem is fixed.

Great work I hope you find a fix soon. I can empathise at the moment I keep getting so far with superfly, get stuck and try to fix it only toe run out of ideas of what to try next.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I just know I will be running this around my head in school all day tomorrow, if I don't find a solution before I go to bed. :(

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
You aren't missing much Hornet. School days are supposed to be the best days of our lives. Yeah right, I bet it was a schoolteacher who made up that old saying.
I'd better go to bed now, its after midnight already!

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I couldn't sleep so I'm back at this. I think the problem is Poser. I exported the hat as an OBJ from Poser and had a look at the UV layout in UV Mapper and it is completely changed and scrunched up.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
It was a Poser problem, I had to reinstall and then it worked fine. Couple more WIP's here:

girl9.jpg

girl7.jpg

All I need to do now is.....

Fix the dimple over her upper lip.
Finish her eyes.
Make the dress.
Replace the cloth trims on side of hat with a flower, or a brooch?
Lighten her skin, maybe.
Add a backdrop?
I'm open to suggestions. :)

But for now at 2am I can finally really go and get a good sleep.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looking good Bonnie. Not sure about a brooch on a hat, as they're generally small, but a flower might look nice, though I like the cloth trim too.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I'm looking forward to actually finishing this one soon as I've a hard drive full of projects that for lots of reasons are unfinished (got bored with them, didn't like where they were going as much as I did at the start, tech difficulties and other stuff). It will be nice to get one that I'm pleased with completed.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I'm kind of excited to have his little project almost done. I feel like a mad Professor creating a person and almost ready to bring it to life, if that makes any sense.