• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Western Tack for the HiveWire Horse is here!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Nice Gadget Girl! I think it was in the thread about the Wishlist for Harry that someone was requesting Barding like this :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Vortigan's Bane has some dynamic Harry stuff that he is creating with tassels that is similar GG but it looks good none the less. You may want to check his thread so you both do something a little bit different from each other.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Nice Gadget Girl! I think it was in the thread about the Wishlist for Harry that someone was requesting Barding like this :)

Yes I think I saw that a while back. Of course there are so many different forms of barding, from armored to a sort of horse cosy that includes the head.

Vortigan's Bane has some dynamic Harry stuff that he is creating with tassels that is similar GG but it looks good none the less. You may want to check his thread so you both do something a little bit different from each other.

I went looking and found that thread. Vortigan's Bane has done some amazing stuff. I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to make tassels like that. And from the name of the thread I'm guessing they're doing something in an Arabian style. I'm going for something more English/French. In fact I haven't done any real textures yet, just assigned colors to keep track of the material groups. Although I chose the colors because they match the ones in the heraldry of Henry IV and V. I had been thinking of doing a Templar texture, which means with Vortigan's barding we could have both sides of the Crusades.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sounds cool...I just didn't want you spending heaps of time and then see it and think they were too similar. I'm greedy enough to want both! Very cool idea about having a templar version.

Carey

Extraordinary
I was having trouble with posing the reins (the controls weren't there) and I was testing something for 3wComics and I had a similar problem which they helped me with and bingo! I was able to fix the reins issue I was having! Yay! Thanks 3wComics!
View attachment 2964
Friesian Horse (with texture I made from a combination of a couple of CWRW textures and CWRW tail from her tail pack), the wonderful Western Pack and Rodrigo rendered in Iray :)
LOOKS GREAT!

Carey

Extraordinary
I see a great future for the live wire horse I see harnesses, wagons, (mine are available....lol), plows. Horse pulling contest scenes, horse racing scenes and costumes for racing, stage coaches, barns, (I have some real nice ones...lol) ....I love the new western stuff, Keep it coming!!!!!!!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
There is a harness in the Gypsy Wagon here in the HW Store. And I "think" Ken was making his Race stuff fit Harry when the Thoroughbred morph comes out (I don't know if it will be an update or a new purchase, but you can see what it looks like for the Mil horse/Daz Horse 2 in the HW store).
I know there are a few other people working on stuff but I don't know if they are personal projects or will be products for sale tho.
I'm hanging out for new stuff as 99% of my stuff features Harry in one form or another :D

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep, I know, I'd love to have the full Beer Horse kit like the Aussie Carlton Draught Clydesdale's here :)
img (3).jpg
img.jpg

img (1).jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
I like the old plow horse ones...heck I like anything old and in leather...My grandfather was a saddle maker, though as I recall he mostly rode Grandma bareback...lol

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I was thinking my Great Grandfather was a saddle maker too then I read the rest of the sentence - oh my :p

Carey

Extraordinary
seriously he was, I had to saddle soap and prep leather for him. He did repairs too and I hated cleaning that stuff for him to work on it. course you know me...have to make the smart comment...lol

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha yep :)

I used to have to do all that before the shows, I didn't mind doing the tack, I hated to do my Boots because my mum was in the army and if it wasn't spit polished so it shone like glass I had to do them again :D

Carey

Extraordinary
Them danged old farmers, wouldn't bring them traces in when the they started to come apart...oh no...they had to wait until they completely broken and laid in the back of the barn among the rats for a while....I loved Grandpa and grandma's house. Grandma raise cane about us tracking in anything horsey smelling, but as the years went by the house took on that wonderful horsey smell. It was Grandma's nightmare and Grandpa's hell....lol Me, I loved it and what I remember most of them.....

Carey

Extraordinary
I'm just getting to know this fantastic tack... it's SO beautiful, so REALISTIC!! Working on a render to show off the tack... (the mane looks awful, have to re-pose it or use a short roached mane or something) but the main thing is how I could drop one rain to the ground!! WOW!

View attachment 2934
OH and I have his mouth open, reaching for an apple...so I can show off the bit!! but NOTE! Still adjusting things... this is just
my first messing around test... :)
I love this one...So much personality!!!

Carey

Extraordinary
Well I am up for it! It's up to Dave and also Paul who would need to rig anything new. Personally I have had ideas for some native american tack for many years:) And some armor would be great!!

Meanwhile now we finally have the wonderful!! Western Tack, I could finally finish this image I started last year about this time:) Some may recognize it- I did an earlier version for my Denims for the Bomber Jacket product imagery. A straight Poser render- all I added post in photoshop was some smoke and sparks for the fire. All HiveWire products except for the fire pit and saddle roll.

Laurie

View attachment 3193
There is raising the bar and then is just blowing my mind..poof there it goes, great stuff!!!!