• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Virtual_World new products

Virtual_World

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Hello everybody!

I love the look of the new forums!

New year and a new character. This is Monica my new character for Dawn. I showed some images last year; but I reworked her face morph and the skin shaders. I also added more make-up and eye colors. So here she is...

Rendered in Poser 11 Firefly with Indirect lights.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Eeeek!! Lovely, I WANT HER! :)

Edit: um... er... that sounds really odd...
Facebook-Blushing-Smiley-EmoticonSM.jpg
but you know what I mean!

Edit 2: I hope it's legal, (I'll delete if not)
and do we have to give credit when copying a smilie from facebook? it's "name" is: Facebook-Blushing-Smiley-Emoticon.... we need a true blushing smilie here... well at least I DO, I blush a lot! LOL!

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome back Tosca!! I really like your new Monica character, especially the shape of her lips. ;)

I also like your new avatar. :)

Last edited:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Truly spectacular work VW!!

Will love to see this product finished!

Its a unique look too.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Oh, she is pretty! Is that her in your avatar, too?

Welcome back! :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I thought I'd replied to this! Welcome back, Tosca, and wow - she's lovely :)

Virtual_World

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Hi, thanks to all. Glad you like her. I am creating material presets for Poser 9 and Poser 11. I finished all of them except the Superfly materials for Poser 11, I am not getting the results that I want in Superfly. I had spent many hours reading/viewing Blender/Cycles tutorials and trying different settings; but I didn't like the results yet. I also found several problems that I had to report to SM. This is what is delaying the submission of the Poser product because when I feel too frustrated I had to put it away for a few hours until I convince myself to try again.

I was waiting for DAZ Studio 4.9 to create the Iray material presets because there is a change in translucency in that release and some of the 4.8 skin presets are going to need some adjustments. but I think that I am going to start working on them with the current release.

Lisa, hope that you are feeling better. My new avatar was created with Nikki; but I modified a little bit the morphs.

Alisa, Is there a new submission page or it is the same? I always used the link in the old forums to reach that page and I am not sure if it is the same address or if it changed with the new forums. Thanks in advance for your help.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Alisa, Is there a new submission page or it is the same? I always used the link in the old forums to reach that page and I am not sure if it is the sameaddress or if it changed with the new forums. Thanks in advance for your help.

Same address - Submissions is completely separate from the forums and from the store :)

Looking forward to this!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Oooh... so pretty. Love seeing this. You are so dang talented!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That Superfly render looks great Tosca, and not too grainy. I really like the shape of her lips. I know, I'm repeating myself from an earlier post, but they really are well shaped. ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Wow. You are really figuring SuperFly out. I couldn't! And after getting frustrated with the FireFly problems PP11 introduced for previous Poser versions, I stay away from PP11 when setting up materials.