• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
well, today the Bureau has forecast a weather bomb for NSW

The weather event is the result of a cold front moving offshore and stalling, deepening into a low pressure system.

That will result in heavy rain, dangerous wind and possible storms along the coastline.

been raining here since yesterday arvo

bomb-on!

Currently feels like 1°c ( 32f ) ... wet and a bit windy ~ maybe winter's last hurrah!

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well, I was just out for a bit, and the sun is shinning, the temp is about 81, and the humidity about 71%, though it feels lower, and there's a nice steady breeze, so not that bad at all.

All the dark grey storm clouds are gone, so that's definitely good, as they originally predicted possible rain until around 8:00pm tonight. :D
The clouds came here and rained on us around 8:00 pm, or so. Pretty hard for a while.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's what I was expecting here, so shifting direction, or just picking up speed, changed where it went, and when.

McGyver

Energetic
Note- I wrote this yesterday but failed to post it I guess…

I went down to the beach at the end of my street to check out if there was any tidal surge related flooding and it looks like there was only rain related puddles… biggish, but nothing as bad as some of the Nor’easters… the street ends in a little roundabout and there have been several occasions where the water was deeper than the height of my wheels… my car’s, I don’t have wheels… I’m definitely not a robot… but anyway, there was comparatively little water and no storm damage.
I’m extremely happy this fizzled out.
But anyway this was the scene at about 5PM or so… 77°F/25°C and still very humid.
0EBCCD4A-E110-4552-8F32-72FF579A4FF1.jpeg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Bonnie, IIRC, was also in school at that time, though I don't recall now whether it was high school or college.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
well, the south coast of NSW got smashed ( bombed ) yesterday arvo and last night with a cat2 cyclone ( tornadohurricane/ for the northerners )

lots of damage throughout the area with lost rooves, fences, trampolines trees down ect...

I accessed the damage around our house this morning... we are ok..

it's eased off a lot this morning!

1629852626979.png

Last edited:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Weather in L.A. has turned strange. We had a cooler than usual July and early August. Not by much, but a bit. Also damper, again, not by much, but noticeable. But it was fairly warm, like 90s, at the start of the month.

And then the afternoon of the 9th, I was sitting at my computer and heard honking birds, looked out the window and there was a (large!) flock of geese flying south by west just above the rooftops.

Now, we get geese in the stretch of river where there's a sand bottom over by Griffith Park. or in some of the reservoirs and park lakes around the City (Ducks are more common, but there are sometimes geese.). But I never saw geese flying south outside my window before. Certainly not when it is barely *August*.

Within a week we were in weather that was pretending to be June, with June's typical morning overcast which sometime didn't burn off until well into the afternoon.

Terre

Renowned
Whatever happened to Bonnie, who started this thread?

Bonnie, IIRC, was also in school at that time, though I don't recall now whether it was high school or college.
I had thought she was in the equivalent of High School but I didn't see all of her posts and never saw her mention an age so I'm going to guess that Miss B is right with her later post and she was in college.

Miss B

CV-BEE
We're having flash flooding here in NYC. It's been raining for well over an hour, with lightning and thunder at times. Supposedly we've gotten between 2 to 4 inches of rain.

Tomorrow's going to be difficult getting around in parts of this neighborhood. I'm not looking forward to it. :(

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
We had a couple of days in the low 90s and then our peculiar imitation of June came back. It didn't burn through the overcast until mid-afternoon.

I'll take it. Happily. Much better than our usual time on the broiler.

Terre

Renowned
We're having flash flooding here in NYC. It's been raining for well over an hour, with lightning and thunder at times. Supposedly we've gotten between 2 to 4 inches of rain.

Tomorrow's going to be difficult getting around in parts of this neighborhood. I'm not looking forward to it. :(
Stay safe.

eclark1894

Visionary

I've been tracking Ida's remnants since it hit Louisiana. I brother's widow lives there. It grazed NC's mountains like I predicted, but it did dump more rain and wind than I expected. I was going to cut out lawn yesterday, but it was so windy I put it off. Later, it rained off and on.

FrahHawk

Inspired
That's what I was expecting here, so shifting direction, or just picking up speed, changed where it went, and when.
I'm in NYC also. Experienced flooding in the boiler room. The water hit the boiler and shut it down. Still a little puddle. The picture shows the aftermath of the flooding. The front door shows the water level. Need to do clean-up in a few before the boiler tech comes. Oh goodie! Oh, joy! 20210902_083532.jpg20210902_083431.jpgOh, rapture!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I haven't been out yet today, and I don't live in a private house, so I'm just concerned about the streets, and whether they'll be easily crossed when I do go out. Then again, I'm wondering how our building's boiler room fared, as well as the lobby, laundry room, etc. Hmmmm . . . .

Ohhh, and the garage!!! Glad I don't have a car parked in there anymore.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I saw some footage on CNN last night. Subway stairs looked like a powerful waterfall! A main street looked like a river, with waves! Cars stuck, people stuck in subway cars. What a mess! But it seems Louisiana got the worst of it. That barrier island is uninhabitable! Every single building suffered some damage. And it looks like a layer of mud is covering the entire island. o_O

Dana