• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

McGyver

Energetic
The Atlantic side of Fire Island around 6PM…
0421ED8B-BC09-408D-B597-92900886EB8C.jpeg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yikes, look at that little bird wading in the surf. Somebody get him out of the way!

Seriously though, I just looked out the window and it's raining, though no thunder, lightning or strong winds. In fact, the winds right now are about 8mph, with the forecast during parts of tomorrow at a high of 19mph. Not too bad. The worst is going to be flooding around here.

I spoke with a friend who lives all the way out on Long Island, and she and her husband have "battened down the hatches", so to speak, and are fully prepared for the worst. She's going to keep me posted as to how it goes tomorrow. Her mother-in-law lives about 5 mins. from me, and usually stays in, so should be OK.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
The juvenile porkfish look different, more stunted than an adult and the body on an angelfish, even a juvenile is shaped more like a diamond or humpbacked shape.. and the fins are totally different (it might not be apparent in the photo)…especially the ventral/pelvic fins are very unique in angelfish… they tend to look like miniature copies of adults.

View attachment 70727

View attachment 70726

The coloration is difficult, some porkfish juveniles have a black dot on the tail too, or three horizontal black stripes… some don’t … some also lack the black stripe by the tail.

Or it’s not a porkfish at all, but it’s not a native fish though… most likely something related to grunts, but nothing I’ve seen in these waters.

People have been catching fish normally found far down south here for the past couple of years… lately if you talk to people who fish they usually have a story of a few warm water fish they’ve caught… it’s getting more common now, which isn’t so weird (but still not good)… but finding a juvenile of a tropical species is a lot more concerning.

Or maybe someone flushed a dead young marine aquarium fish down the toilet.

Who knows.

I still think he died on vacation while surfing.
I had Angelfishes in my aquarium for a. long time , that why it reminds me of, but they are not salt water fish, maybe someone flushed it down, as it looks like partial left over , anyway no matter heat is was , it is not usual find .

Attachments

• Freshwater-Angelfish-Featured-Image.jpg
    Freshwater-Angelfish-Featured-Image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 127

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I am glad I am not living in Long Beach by the beach in Long Island anymore !
Right now it looks like it moved up north so we going to be fine , beside some rain

for everyone else in affected areas , stay safe !

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-22 112037.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-22 112037.png
    594.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Screenshot 2021-08-22 112906.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-08-22 112906.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes it's been raining steadily here in the City, so I'm pretty sure we won't see Henri ourselves. If it keeps raining steadily, though, I wouldn't be surprised at some flooded areas.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Yes it's been raining steadily here in the City, so I'm pretty sure we won't see Henri ourselves. If it keeps raining steadily, though, I wouldn't be surprised at some flooded areas.
If it keeps raining at this rate what is medium , then maybe not , as right now it is at maximum intensity we will get , but with the high tide today who knows, maybe some area will flood.
I have appointment for my second covid-19 shot at 3pm and according to the weather map it gonna be just slightly rain already at that time

DanaTA

Distinguished
So far, I've seen windier days in recent history (weeks ago at best). It's not raining that hard, either. But, maybe it's just getting started here...who knows?

Dana

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That is so awesome, McGyver.

Much as I love stormy weather, I'm not crazy enough to go sightseeing in the midst of a hurricane, as some do. You couldn't pay me enough to cover a storm, especially when pieces of buildings go flying past. You have to be some kind of crazy to do what some of these journalists and camerafolk do in the midst of a hurricane. Seriously? At what point, when you can barely stand upright because of the wind do you realize maybe ... just maybe ... this isn't exactly the place to be.

The Atlantic side of Fire Island around 6PM…
View attachment 70763

McGyver

Energetic
That is so awesome, McGyver.

Much as I love stormy weather, I'm not crazy enough to go sightseeing in the midst of a hurricane, as some do. You couldn't pay me enough to cover a storm, especially when pieces of buildings go flying past. You have to be some kind of crazy to do what some of these journalists and camerafolk do in the midst of a hurricane. Seriously? At what point, when you can barely stand upright because of the wind do you realize maybe ... just maybe ... this isn't exactly the place to be.
I’m completely the opposite… intense weather makes me excited and I always want to go out in it… especially thunderstorms…
My mom was like that too… and my late dog… him and me would always go out adventuring in a storm… his big thrill was blizzards, but he loved howling at lightning... Which is something I still do in his honor.
One of my daughters is the same as me in this regard… (yes, the howling too)…
we both try to get out in a storm, but we have been banned from doing so by my wife today… and it’s not even that bad…
I suspect it’s because a tree almost fell on me during last year’s storm and she got a little mad at me because it didn’t phase me (in my defense I was helping my neighbor block the street because a power line had fallen and was draped across his house)…
I went right back out and my daughter joined me… so apparently I’m a bad influence and I‘m not allowed to go out until 4PM today.
Also in my defense, I’m crazy, but not stupid… I’m fairly prepared for whatever weather I go out in and I’ve got a bit of experience and knowledge about bad weather safety.
I’m still kinda stupid in other regards though…

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Yep, nothing more exciting and exhilarating than venturing out in a storm, I also used to do it during intense weather events to rescue and help out, the scariest for me was bushfires.. I don’t do it now as I would be the one needing rescuing if I did ..

hang in there, I’m streaming CBSN now on my telly this morning to catch up on events.

we will be getting lots of rain soon as a low develops off the NSW coast.

currently it’s around 18°c and calm.

CBSN is doing something on breakfast cereal! ….. :oops:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd sit out on a covered deck and watch a storm. But, I'd rather not ride a bike in a tornado. Unlike someone who shall rename nameless, but who ended up with a house on her head ...

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, the temps are down in the 70s, and the humidity is up in the 80s, but it seems to have stopped raining for a bit.

The winds here are about 12mph, so not very windy at all. I wasn't out yesterday, so don't know about any flooding issues, but I know of some sidewalks that are hard to cross because they get flooded easily, so we shall have to see how that goes.

Luckily we had no issues as far as power outages, but I know someone who lives up in Connecticut that was affected. To me that would be the worst part of all this.

Oh and we're down from 7 weather alerts yesterday to just 2 today. One about flooding, and the other a small craft advisory.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, the temps are down in the 70s, and the humidity is up in the 80s, but it seems to have stopped raining for a bit.

The winds here are about 12mph, so not very windy at all. I wasn't out yesterday, so don't know about any flooding issues, but I know of some sidewalks that are hard to cross because they get flooded easily, so we shall have to see how that goes.

Luckily we had no issues as far as power outages, but I know someone who lives up in Connecticut that was affected. To me that would be the worst part of all this.

Oh and we're down from 7 weather alerts yesterday to just 2 today. One about flooding, and the other a small craft advisory.
There's this guy who has a YouTube Channel called Post Ten. I bet he was in Hog Heaven yesterday and today. He goes around during rainstorms and downpours and finds flooded roads, then cleans them so that the drains will drain faster and floods will go down. He lives in the New England area. I don't know where exactly.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, I was just out for a bit, and the sun is shinning, the temp is about 81, and the humidity about 71%, though it feels lower, and there's a nice steady breeze, so not that bad at all.

All the dark grey storm clouds are gone, so that's definitely good, as they originally predicted possible rain until around 8:00pm tonight. :D