• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Here in the Vosges, we have today rain.
Just come back yesterday evening from a trip .Sully val Loire. Beautiful weather the whole week. Warm ,27-30° . Windy, clear blue sky.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's a little cooler here as well, though we're going to be having rain a couple/three times during this and next week.

I'm looking forward to the beginning of October, as they're predicting weather in the 65°F range. :D

DanaTA

Distinguished
Poured like crazy here a couple times today. But neither was for a long time. Down to 61F right now. Two hours earlier, it was 61F, too. Didn't move at all since then. Hmmmm...

Dana

Stezza

Dances with Bees
a beautiful spring day today with blue skies and temps around 25c

was a great morning for Grandparents day at my Grandaughters school and standing in front of class being quizzed by the kids about what was life like back in prehistoric times! o_O

Terre

Renowned
80% chance of rain with a projection of just over 9/10s of an inch. Chance of flooding they say. No kidding!

Miss B

CV-BEE
The temps here have been quiet nice, though it's supposed to jump back up to the high 80s on Wednesday, and then drop back down on Thursday and Friday to the mid-60s. I think Fall is going to be coming in real soon.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I saw that Minnesota got 48 inches of snow yesterday on the news. With 6 foot drifts! It was only September! They showed a video of a guy getting on the roof of his car, jumping off, and disappearing into the snow! :oops: I'll stay in Massachusetts, thank you!

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I heard about that on the 11:00pm news last night, and just couldn't mentally picture 48 inches of snow.

I think the worst I remember here was about 2 feet, which is half that amount. ~sheesh~

DanaTA

Distinguished
I could picture it. But I want no part of it! I remember when I was in 7th grade, a teacher was telling the class about the snow up in Canada. He said that it gets so bad during a storm that people had a rope tied from their door to the barn. they would hold that rope as a guide, if they let go and started walking without it as a guide, they could get lost on their own property and freeze to death. No, thank you! I have heritage in Canada, my grandmother's family on mom's side came from Canada. Grandma always told me that I could get land up there because of my heritage. But, you had to agree to farm the land. I am not a farmer! And I know I couldn't handle that cold and snow. Nor would I want to try.

Dana

Terre

Renowned
Snow up north and rain here.
Flash flood warning until 10:30 pm. Well.... the house is over 4 feet above the street and I'm not going anywhere until morning anyway.

Miss B

CV-BEE
We have misty rain all day, and the temps were down in the very low 60s. It was extremely windy when I went out to run some errands, and I was glad I had a warm sweater on.

Terre

Renowned
We migh thave a thunderstom this evening. That is supposed to be the last rain until arounf the 18th. We'll see what actually happens.

Terre

Renowned
Good morning. :)
First freeze of the season. Heater's pilot is lit. It won't be turned on until I go to work though. The burning dust would make me sick, By the time I get home that part will be long over. The house is well enough insulated that it's simply a bit cold right now. Not freezing.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well it hit 71º here yesterday afternoon, but other than that, we've had weather in the 60s for over a week, and the past 2 nights I've had to wear a second layer of clothing to bed. If I didn't, I would've laid there for hours not able to fall asleep because I was freezing.

We had a tease the other morning when they tested the heat, but it was JUST a tease to make sure it's working properly. It's going to be at least another week (or more) before we actually get heat. ~brrrrrrrrrr~

DanaTA

Distinguished
Cold...and raining! 55F right now. It was 54F in the wee hours of the night. One degree, and it's already 1:11 pm! Don't want to turn the heat one yet. But if this keeps up, I'll have to. I don't like being cold. My fingers get stiff. Always did.

Dana

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've left my window open all week, and it's been great. I've not had to turn the fan on to sleep for the last couple nights which is even better. It was colder than I liked yesterday afternoon after I finished working, but I'd been sitting all day in front of the open window with the heating/AC unit fan also blowing air. But by 6 pm or so, it was fine as I'd warmed up away from the window, and I slept like a baby with just my normal blanket.

It does need to be a bit colder though, as I've had stink bugs hanging on my screen teasing Tsuki. Fortunately, they haven't yet crawled inside, but she's going nuts trying to get at them through the glass.

I really, really hate the brown marmorated stink bug. But, the Spotted Lanternfly is far worse, and they showed up in masses last month in Center City. I have never seen hordes of bugs a thick as these ... and they were everywhere on the sidewalk. For several years, we've been warned that "this" is the year swarms of cicadas will appear, but I've yet to see any of those hoards. But while annoying, the cicadas are harmless. Not so with the invasive insects!

Terre

Renowned
An now the A/C in the kitchen window is on and the heater off bedause that's how weather goes here in the spring and fall. Yoyos between cold and hot.