• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well, the weather report was way off on the totals this time! It said 2" to 5" in my area. Before I went to bed, it already looked like more than 8"! It's a winter freakin' wonderland out there now. These photos were taken at about 3:30 am, out my front window, through the glass, no flash (so some of them are a bit dim). First is a wide view across the street. Next, view of the FIOS cable coming from the pole. Not the white stuff. It's as thick as pipe insulation foam, but it's snow on the cable! Third is my fence. The fence posts are 4" x 4". See the snow piled up on the upper rail? At least 7". The snow was still going at 8:30 am! Went and got gas for the snow blower. But I still had to do some shoveling, it's heavy, wet, snow and the snow blower doesn't get it all the way to the pavement. Did most of the work, though.

DSCF3316.JPG
DSCF3320.JPG
DSCF3317.JPG

DanaTA

Distinguished
I thought I posted that last post much earlier today. I don't know what happened. I'm sure I saw the images lined up the way they are now. Hmmmm...

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
An attempt? That's funny. We had an attempt at Spring a few weeks ago. It failed...well, except that the pear tree outside my back yard got buds. Poor thing must be so confused!

Dana

Terre

Renowned
Yeesh. Too bad people getting snow and rain can't send some here. We're going to be under a fire weather watch all of tomorrow due to winds, very low humidity and it having been a dry winter.

Terre

Renowned
Today is supposed to get up to 81 with two NOAA red flag warnings. Doesn't bode well for summer here.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
"It never rains in Southern California, it pours" January through March is our rainy season (but that's about all the rain we get throughout the year). So far we've had almost 32 inches this year and more is coming the start of next week.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Sunny here, today. But only 28F, at almost 3:00 pm. So, it may not get into the 30s again, today. Possible snow heading our way again on Saturday night, overnight. Might be just rain for us, though, not sure yet.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It was sunny when I was out at the gym this morning, but also in the very low 30s, so it's going to be chilly tonight for sure.

Update: gale-force winds arrived, at the moment without rain, but looking at the dark sky it's only a matter of minutes.... Warning for my whole state, goes until Tuesday midnight.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, it started pouring rain here very early in the morning, and was still raining around 10:30am. It looks like it finally stopped around 12:00pm, but still cloudy, so don't know if it'll rain again today.

Miss B

CV-BEE
If you get the amount of rain we did Dana, I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining snow gets washed away.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well, the rain washed it all off the cars and the driveway, and it's up to 44F and foggy. But it looks like frost on the hood of my car. I hope the wet driveway and streets don't end up with black ice by the time Diane heads out to work in the morning! :unsure:

Dana