• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I took a look at the earthquake website. There were evidently a whole series of them in that area. At least five or six of them. That would have been the largest. Most were between 2 and 3.5. No telling what being drowned in flood water would do to the area.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
5.1 can be substantial if you're right near it. We lived a few miles from the epicenter of a 5.3 in the mid 90s and it was quite something!! Hopefully everyone's ok from this one!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Like I say it was a whole series of quakes. Ojai is up in the Santa Susana Mtns on the northern edge of the Valley. But a lot is going to depend on where you are. Ken in Tujunga is a lot closer to it than I am, but he says they felt nothing. I felt a distinct quake which went on shivering for close to a minute. But I'm in the central basin on a floodplane.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Squalls ... they're great o_O

nothing better than when the wind whips up from all directions along with rapturous thunder and a great dumping of rain all within a matter of minutes!

but volcanoes and earthquakes is taking it to a different level.... crikey!

me reading your posts this morning whilst eating an apple turnover with cream...

SQUALLS... did I mention they're great! :eek:

currently calm blue skies with temps around 20c ( 70F ) nearing end of winter and maybe end of times from what I'm reading....

1692585695579.png

squalls.... they're great!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
... But a lot is going to depend on where you are. Ken in Tujunga is a lot closer to it than I am, but he says they felt nothing....
Part of it is that we're in a valley, sandwiched between two mountain ranges-- I'm guessing those mountains act a little like shock absorbers. We had almost 9" of rain yesterday here-- that is a little higher than what we get here for one of our normal big winter storms.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
how does that song go... "it never rains in southern California, it pours".

It does pour in Tujunga. There's a reason why the Tongva people named our area Tujunga... loosely translated: "the place where the old woman (Mother Nature) lives" and the City of Los Angeles rigged the Tujunga city election in 1926, annexing our town into Los Angeles in 1932; our area provides for 1/5 of Los Angeles's water. How did they rigged the election? They bused in hundreds of people to Tujunga months before the election to vote for annexation. This was the start of LA's quest for more water highlighted in the film "Chinatown".

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yup. I don't know how much rain we got yesterday in inner city, but right now we've got puffy white clouds in a blue sky and the sun is shining.

The ring of clouds around the horizon suggests that we aren't finished with Hillary yet, but where I am, Yesterday was fairly anticlimactic. Even with the bonus earthquake.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
how does that song go... "it never rains in southern California, it pours".

I did ask Alexa yesterday to play that song whilst I was reading the posts eating my apple turnover.... o_O

hint for Alexa users - don't rename the activate word 'Alexa' to 'Computer' when you need to activate her whilst watching Star Trek :oopsie:

Terre

Renowned
Part of it is that we're in a valley, sandwiched between two mountain ranges-- I'm guessing those mountains act a little like shock absorbers. We had almost 9" of rain yesterday here-- that is a little higher than what we get here for one of our normal big winter storms.
9 inches in one day?!

Terre

Renowned
Yup. I don't know how much rain we got yesterday in inner city, but right now we've got puffy white clouds in a blue sky and the sun is shining.

The ring of clouds around the horizon suggests that we aren't finished with Hillary yet, but where I am, Yesterday was fairly anticlimactic. Even with the bonus earthquake.
Hopefully not too bad.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well once Monday dawned with the sun shining things fairly quickly reverted to August weather. It's been in the 90s for the past couple of days. Supposed to cool off and cloud over a bit starting tomorrow.

We had much more excitement when the homeless encampment on the island down the middle of my block managed to set one of the palm groves on fire just after midnight Wednesday morning. Vivid red flames leaping sky high and explosions from the cars parked on both sides of the island. A good soaking a couple of days earlier didn't slow that down at all.

DanaTA

Distinguished
At about 4:00 pm, it was still 92 (feels like 100)! Right now, at 6:49 pm, it's still 83 (feels like 89)! Above average for today...but then, we've had a lot of that lately.

Dana

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
We suddenly got another overcast. Cooled things down a bit.
By this time of year just about any weather we get is temporary.