• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Terre

Renowned
It got to 78 here today! Bagged some leaves for a special collection next week. A few days ago, it was in the 50's for a high, and some nights got close to freezing! Crazy!

Dana
That sounds a lot like this week is supposed to be here. High 20s projected for tonight with a high on Friday of 74.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
By now we should've had colder weather, so when we do get the correct seasonal weather, it's going to be a lot colder than we have now. So far the only really cold weather is when the wind is wild, and we've had days with 18-20 mph winds. Then I have to "bundle up" as the saying goes.

Terre

Renowned
Those winds will certainly make a difference with your higher humidity. Actual seasonal temps are going to be a shock when they arrive for you I think.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
It's been overly warm all weak, today was cooler, but tonight the temp got very cold very fast. Just above freezing now.

DanaTA

Distinguished
It's been overly warm all weak, today was cooler, but tonight the temp got very cold very fast. Just above freezing now.
Elevation is higher there, isn't it? We're pretty low here in Taunton. You may see some flakes in the next day or two, but likely none will stick for long.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I am unsure of the exact elevation of my house, but I am at the bottom of a number of hills, and mountains rise up all around this area. I am not on one of the mountains. I have been told that part of my property is below sea level and in a flood plane/wetlands zone (permitting for repairs...). I know it will get much colder when actual winter hits. Temps in the negatives are not uncommon in deep winter. Though for there to be such a sharp drop in temperature in an hour is pretty rare here. It caught me off guard, especially since temps earlier this week were high 70s.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I should clarify, it didn't go from 70 to 35... yesterday was mid 60s, this afternoon was hovering around 55, cold and rainy, at about 8pm it was still around 50 - then at 9 I was freezing, checked weather and is was 35 outside, and had dropped to below 60 inside (had heat off because of higher temperatures yesterday and today). So it dropped about 15 degrees in an hour.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
We just had our first batch of Santa Ana winds (3 days of windy conditions and single digit humidity-- making high fire danger). Fortunately they were moderate... 40 to 60 mph winds, with some 65-70 mph gusts. Bad ones have gusts over 100 mph here.

Miss B

CV-BEE
YIKES!! I have problems even thinking about the 18-20 mph winds we occasionally get. I can't imagine what 100 mph winds would be like. o_O

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
YIKES!! I have problems even thinking about the 18-20 mph winds we occasionally get. I can't imagine what 100 mph winds would be like. o_O
Being about 20 miles west of Pasadena (Rose Bowl/Rose Parade), we're in a narrow valley between two mountain ranges (San Gabriels and Verdugo). This creates a funnel which makes the Santa Anas (when they happen) particularly bad. When the big gusts come, it sounds like a freight train headed for us. The whole house shakes, and in rare instances, windows can blow out.

Over the years, I've lost several roofs and once had a 100+ foot tree crash into the house with a branch penetrating the bedroom ceiling and stopping about 18" from where I was sleeping. I remember that date especially because it was 9/12, and for that waking instant, though we were being attacked.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OUCH!!! Living here in NY City where most of the areas are flat compared to where you live, is probably why we don't see/feel anything like what you do during a Santa Ana storm. :(

Terre

Renowned
Being about 20 miles west of Pasadena (Rose Bowl/Rose Parade), we're in a narrow valley between two mountain ranges (San Gabriels and Verdugo). This creates a funnel which makes the Santa Anas (when they happen) particularly bad. When the big gusts come, it sounds like a freight train headed for us. The whole house shakes, and in rare instances, windows can blow out.

Over the years, I've lost several roofs and once had a 100+ foot tree crash into the house with a branch penetrating the bedroom ceiling and stopping about 18" from where I was sleeping. I remember that date especially because it was 9/12, and for that waking instant, though we were being attacked.
Yipe! We do get severe winds here but there is no funnel to channel them. Just a lack of mountains to break the winds up. From what I've read you do indeed get worse winds at this time of year than we do.

Terre

Renowned
Not much moisture here but for the moment we are back to what are mild temps for this time of year. Highs in the low 60s.

Miss B

CV-BEE
We're in the 40s today as well, but at least we had some sun in the early afternoon, and winds were only about 7mph, which isn't bad at all.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone that celebrates it!

(Didn't know where to put this, and I don't have a lot of time)

Miss B

CV-BEE
You could probably have just created in the main forum, as it's a holiday greeting, and not related to anything specific.

That said, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Dana, and to everyone else that's celebrating it today!! :D

DanaTA

Distinguished
You could probably have just created in the main forum, as it's a holiday greeting, and not related to anything specific.

That said, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Dana, and to everyone else that's celebrating it today!! :D
Main Forum?