• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
as I write this the kookaburras are laughing, the kangaroos are bounding down the street and the dogs are barking at the possums..

it's around 11am here on a Monday morning and currently blue skies and 17c ( 64f ) :flower02::shineon:

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well, there was a confirmed tornado in Worcester county Massachusetts today (Sunday)! And perhaps a couple others, the National Weather Service is inspecting and will give results tomorrow.
Dana

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Well, there was a confirmed tornado in Worcester county Massachusetts today (Sunday)! And perhaps a couple others, the National Weather Service is inspecting and will give results tomorrow.
Dana
Tornadoes in Massachusetts is, sadly, getting to be an all too common occurrence compared to when I grew up here. According to data I looked up it hasn't really changed, but I only really remember one significant Tornado from around 1988 or 89 that hit Great Barrington. Though in th 1980's news from middle and western MA often didn't filter into this part of the Berkshires as the media infrastructure here was... well... weak (it's still pretty bad in my opinion, though there is cable internet, the phone lines are still copper...so we have 1 choice for high speed internet and they have consumers over a barrel).

DanaTA

Distinguished
Tornadoes in Massachusetts is, sadly, getting to be an all too common occurrence compared to when I grew up here. According to data I looked up it hasn't really changed, but I only really remember one significant Tornado from around 1988 or 89 that hit Great Barrington. Though in th 1980's news from middle and western MA often didn't filter into this part of the Berkshires as the media infrastructure here was... well... weak (it's still pretty bad in my opinion, though there is cable internet, the phone lines are still copper...so we have 1 choice for high speed internet and they have consumers over a barrel).
A few years ago, the stats said that Massachusetts average for tornadoes in a year was 2. A couple years ago, we passed that in one month. When I was a kid, we never heard of a tornado in Massachusetts!

Dana

Roberta

Eager
as I write this the kookaburras are laughing, the kangaroos are bounding down the street and the dogs are barking at the possums..

it's around 11am here on a Monday morning and currently blue skies and 17c ( 64f ) :flower02::shineon:
This would be my ideal temperature..:) I suffer a lot from the heat

DanaTA

Distinguished
Found out that last night (Saturday night) there was a EF1 tornado in Massachusetts...about 15 to 20 minutes away from where I live! :oops: And we were out shopping around the time it happened!

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Tuesday, 08/08/2023, there were two tornadoes in Massachusetts! An EF1 and an EF0! That makes 4 so far this summer.

Dana

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Los Angeles is having an utterly uncharacteristic overcast with remarkably mild temperatures. Mainly in the high 70s to low 80s.

It won't last. But I'll enjoy it while we have it.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Los Angeles is having an utterly uncharacteristic overcast with remarkably mild temperatures. Mainly in the high 70s to low 80s.

It won't last. But I'll enjoy it while we have it.
On the outskirts of LA (Tujunga), we actually had some rain yesterday, only 0.1" but I'll take it

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
That's surprising. I know we got some rain on Aug 12 in '72 -- which was absolutely unheard of at that point. And I think we might have gotten driped on at some point in August since them. But rain in this part of the year is *really* strange.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, we got our strange weather at around 1:45am last night when a major thunderstorm showed up right over my head (I live on the top floor of the building) waking me up suddenly. We usually get weather reports of thunderstorms at some point every day, but up until now, they haven't been much of anything.

Last night was amazing, as the sound was so loud, and the lightning, which we haven't seen around here much this year, could've lit up a whole neighborhood, and it lasted between 20 and 30 minutes from start to finish. If you ask me, that's a verrrrry long time. o_O

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Speaking of strange weather... it is in the 90's here today outside of Los Angeles but we're now expecting Hurricane/Tropical Storm Hillary to visit us Sunday afternoon through Tuesday. This hasn't happened to Southern California in about a 100 years here. They're saying 4-10" of rain and winds from 40-85 mph.