• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

DanaTA

Distinguished
We didn't get to 20 today. But tomorrow it is expected to get into the mid 40s, maybe higher. Last night, when I went to bed, it was -8 with a wind chill of -24. Winds were constant at about 27mph, and gusts were strong.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
According to Weather.com we should also be in the mid-40s tomorrow, and possibly the very low 50s. I'll take that thank you. ;)

Terre

Renowned
I did have to use de-icer to get my car's driver side door opened Friday. Just enough snow and freezing rain to make a mess of the car but the streets were fine.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Weather's a bit nicer than the last couple of days, as it's not as windy as it has been. Temp's are in the mid-40sF range, and only between 5-7mph, so nice. :)

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well, yesterday it hit 65F here. Today only about 47F. Just about a 20 degree decrease in one day. I liked yesterday better.

Dana

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
it's wet and cold here on the outskirts of Northern Los Angeles. We've had 16 inches of rain in the last 24 hours and it's still going. Freezing temperatures and snow showers are expected today. There was snow in Hollywood from this storm (which is unheard of).
snowhollywood.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Cold, cold, and more cold. I am so very tired of the cold. Although, Thursday it was almost 70F. It was the first day since I moved here that I stood outside and felt warm.

Even though it's so cold here, I love how very quiet it is. Almost all the time. It's only not quiet when the neighbor's dog is outside. She doesn't really seem to enjoy being outside, not that I can blame her. She could be cold too! I didn't like being sent outside either. Still, she's not out all the time, and while she barks the entire time she's outside, it's ever so much better than the constant noise in Philadelphia. Her barking is less annoying than the barking of some of the neighboring dogs in Philadelphia.

DanaTA

Distinguished
High today of 22F. Wind chill was 16F. And, when we were about to go shopping for groceries...it was snowing. Still is. I had hoped we wouldn't see any more of that stuff this year, it was such a good winter up to now.

Dana

Terre

Renowned
it's wet and cold here on the outskirts of Northern Los Angeles. We've had 16 inches of rain in the last 24 hours and it's still going. Freezing temperatures and snow showers are expected today. There was snow in Hollywood from this storm (which is unheard of).View attachment 77236
A friend north of you (just north of Last Chance grade) says that she was reading about flights intended for LA having to go to Ontario.

Terre

Renowned
High today of 22F. Wind chill was 16F. And, when we were about to go shopping for groceries...it was snowing. Still is. I had hoped we wouldn't see any more of that stuff this year, it was such a good winter up to now.

Dana
Brrr...... we haven't had much snow at all. Just a few times when there were some traces.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Little snow yesterday, but it melted off my car by the time I got up today. But Tuesday we're in for a harder storm. Last I saw, we'll get about 3". Could be more, or less, depending on how the storm tracks. I'm hoping it will track north of us and leave us alone!

Dana

Terre

Renowned
We were at the Southern end of the wind storm. Had a two hour warning for zero visibility due to blowing dust and that did happen for part of that time. Compared to what some places got this town has minor damage. No tornadoes here.

Terre

Renowned
Little snow yesterday, but it melted off my car by the time I got up today. But Tuesday we're in for a harder storm. Last I saw, we'll get about 3". Could be more, or less, depending on how the storm tracks. I'm hoping it will track north of us and leave us alone!

Dana
I hope it did go north.

DanaTA

Distinguished
We got about 4". The end of the storm turned to rain. That made slush. Very heavy, the snowblower would have been useless with that stuff. So I cleared off the cars then shoveled it all.

Another storm is coming tonight. We could get up to another 3". It will go into tomorrow. Seems like winter was saving it up for now. I hope it isn't too bad. But, like the last one, rain is expected at the end. More slush. Yay.

Dana

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
California hasn't had a "normal" winter in a very long time. It's been raining, windy and COLD here in Redwood City. Usually by March things really start warming up a bit. NOPE, still colder than what is usual for this time of the year and it's so wet. We need it and I'm a homebody but dammit I have banking to do! LOL

Terre

Renowned
A friend not far south of Oregon is complaining of it freezing there. She has been talking about what she sees in the news farther south. Rain is good but it does sound like a bit much at once.

DanaTA

Distinguished
A friend not far south of Oregon is complaining of it freezing there. She has been talking about what she sees in the news farther south. Rain is good but it does sound like a bit much at once.
Kyoto Kid lives in Portland, OR. He's been complaining of unseasonable weather there all season.

Here, it's been in the low to mid 40s (F), although, today it got to at least 49F. Better than freezing! We lose an hour of play this coming weekend!

Dana

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I really want to know how it's snowing right now when it was 70 this afternoon? More importantly, how it sticking...