• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

DanaTA

Distinguished
58 and raining. And I've been hearing thunder for the past ten minutes. Supposed to be nicer tomorrow and Friday, in the mid 70s. Then back down to the 50s. :confused:

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, Weather.com is predicting a couple of nice days for us as well, so I'm looking forward to getting in a couple of Power Walks, because I haven't been able to the past few days.

unreal

Noteworthy
L.A. is still in a drought.
The temperatures are reasonably mild though.
Wish we could export it. Or "bank it". I'm sure all this rain will (eventually) be followed by years of drought. There's always a flip side of a coin o_O

Terre

Renowned
All we got was a light rain last night. Still a drought here but not as severe as earlier in the year.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I want to put in rain catchment. I'm pretty sure that once I do, it won't rain for years.
That used to be a big thing. Use the water to irrigate your garden and lawn. They even sold a rain barrel at Home Depot at one point. Just be sure you use the screen top, to prevent mosquitoes from making it a nursery!

Dana

Another thing is gray water. A bit more expensive to put into use, though. I've done neither.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I wish I could say the same. It rained all day yesterday, and last night until about 5:00pm today, we've had Gale force winds. The windows in my apartment were all making lots of noise all night long, as well as this morning.

I finally was able to get out late this afternoon for a little bit, and hope I can do so again tomorrow.
It was, then the last few days has been horrible lots of rain. Dams are having to release water as they're too full. Back yard was turning into a swamp.

@DanaTA we're encouraged to have water tanks these days when I first bought the house 40 odd years ago it wasn't allowed. Now a greywater tank is included in newer houses and older houses are allowed to put in tanks for using in the garden.
We also have converters that you can add to you taps so you don't waste water from the hot tap while it warms up. I don't have those but maybe one day for the shower it would be good.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We haven't had any for a few days now, and they're only predicting some for Thursday this week.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
We've had rain predicted for all week on the east coast. NSW is again flooding and people being evacuated. I hope Stezza is doing okay.

thanks, all good here, the creek didn't break it's bank but came close to it.

More rain to come by the end of the week though!

1665450897110.png

Terre

Renowned
We had rain much of today and are supposed to get more tonight. :)
I hope the places that didn't need any more didn't get much. You guys have had too much flooding as it is.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Most of the earlier flooding was in NSW's and Queensland. We actually had some in Victoria in the last week. But yes way too much flooding.

Today though is looking to be a lovely spring day. At the moment very few clouds, blue sky not too hot and not too cold. What you might call a perfect day. I hope it remains so...my lawn is very soggy but unlike the lawn next door hasn't yet turned into a swamp. I actually heard frogs from their lawn. Which doesn't surprise me as I found a couple in damp spots in our garden.