• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

eclark1894

Visionary
So I woke up this morning... About 2.3 inches the news said.
1642860760746.png

McGyver

Energetic
No snow, but a little cold here…
I took my daughters down to the nearby state park for them to practice driving…
On the roads, not through the woods… apparently that’s frowned upon.
I need a drink now.
But this was at the beach there…
5DB36C2B-EE0D-4AF6-A045-B070B941DA31.jpeg

The Great South Bay has gotten a little crusty ice along the shore line, but not enough to support one‘s weight.
As I found out… I think I leapt off the breaking ice before the water got a chance to really touch me, because my foot bare got wet.
It looked thick enough, but the salt water makes it more like a refrozen Slushy than proper ice… it breaks kinda weirdly… more like an ice graham cracker.

McGyver

Energetic
The snow did not lasted long , now imagine all the rain we getting tonight was snow .. it is 4:43 am and it is 45F .. crazy as it was 6F yesterday at the same time .. seems like the rain bring the warmth within.
less than 9 weeks until spring .. yeah! but before that we may see some serious cold and snow again .. but not expecting as much with the la nina
Hey, I see you are back!… I hope you are feeling better and are completely recovered.
Sorry if this is a belated well-wishing, but I only just noticed your post.
Also sorry if I hallucinated that you were unwell at some point and that wasn’t you… in which case hold on to that well wish until you get a cold or something.
And if I am correct… Wooohooo! I remembered something!!
Also… Wooohooo! you are better!
I hope.
I hate when I’m like “Oh cool, it’s great to see you are feeling all better now“ and the other person is like “no, I’m not… I’m a freakin’ ghost… what the hell is wrong with you?… didn’t you hear me wailing and going “Boooooo-boooooo”… are you deaf or something?” And then I’m like “I didn’t notice, I was eating a pork chop…” and the ghost person is like “Why are you walking around the house eating a pork chop?” And I’m like “it was raining outside…”
Honestly those conversations get really convoluted quickly, but the point is I hope you are genuinely feeling a lot better now and are all recovered… and if it helps to know, I’m not eating a pork chop at the moment.
Its a old chicken leg I found in my car…
The seafood place on the dock near my house was closed and I couldn’t get any steamed crabs which I really had a desire for because the beach was littered with crab shells the selfish seagulls had been eating…
They never share… they’ll bum French fries off of you, but if you try and get one little crab from them and they start squawking and pecking at you…
Greedy sea-sky rats…
Anyway… Hope you are well now!
Cheers!

Stezza

Dances with Bees
No snow, but a little cold here…
I took my daughters down to the nearby state park for them to practice driving…
On the roads, not through the woods… apparently that’s frowned upon.
I need a drink now.
But this was at the beach there…
View attachment 72181
The Great South Bay has gotten a little crusty ice along the shore line, but not enough to support one‘s weight.
As I found out… I think I leapt off the breaking ice before the water got a chance to really touch me, because my foot bare got wet.
It looked thick enough, but the salt water makes it more like a refrozen Slushy than proper ice… it breaks kinda weirdly… more like an ice graham cracker.
we need @Ken Gilliland to ID that blurd! :wow:

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Most likely that little dot is a herring gull, they were all over the beach a little while before, picking through crab parts and clam shells… The greedy little boogers never share.
and I bet no-one noticed the tic tac either flying by..... great capture of that UFO! :eek:

I bet everyone is now going back to the picture to find it.... it's there in the middle!
yeah, I know you're all going to say it's a camera glitch..... nope... nuh... it's NY so it's gotta be aliens! o_O

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Oh-oh, there's even one waving at us! McGyver you'd better start watching for the Men in Black, coming to confiscate your pictures!

McGyver

Energetic
Ah, you noticed them too… they are all over Long Island waters… popping up in so many of my pictures…

AE0E815A-606C-4C7C-A0E1-2E17130DBC27.jpeg

2B78E603-92AC-4A09-9307-8877240ABEA4.jpeg

They usually just show up when you are looking at the screen, but the moment you look forward they are gone…
I’m pretty sure they change size too… one minute they are the size of a medium sized baked hamster, and the next almost the size of a sailboat…
I don’t worry much about the Men in Black coming to take my pictures because apparently they have a restraining order against me and I have to stay at least 400 feet or 8,000 metric centinches from any of them, due to a misunderstanding involving my many dossiers I’ve sent them outlaying an Illuminati conspiracy to used ninja chinchillas to hijack the world‘s strategic peanut butter supply.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Hey, I see you are back!… I hope you are feeling better and are completely recovered.
Sorry if this is a belated well-wishing, but I only just noticed your post.
Also sorry if I hallucinated that you were unwell at some point and that wasn’t you… in which case hold on to that well wish until you get a cold or something.
And if I am correct… Wooohooo! I remembered something!!
Also… Wooohooo! you are better!
I hope.
I hate when I’m like “Oh cool, it’s great to see you are feeling all better now“ and the other person is like “no, I’m not… I’m a freakin’ ghost… what the hell is wrong with you?… didn’t you hear me wailing and going “Boooooo-boooooo”… are you deaf or something?” And then I’m like “I didn’t notice, I was eating a pork chop…” and the ghost person is like “Why are you walking around the house eating a pork chop?” And I’m like “it was raining outside…”
Honestly those conversations get really convoluted quickly, but the point is I hope you are genuinely feeling a lot better now and are all recovered… and if it helps to know, I’m not eating a pork chop at the moment.
Its a old chicken leg I found in my car…
The seafood place on the dock near my house was closed and I couldn’t get any steamed crabs which I really had a desire for because the beach was littered with crab shells the selfish seagulls had been eating…
They never share… they’ll bum French fries off of you, but if you try and get one little crab from them and they start squawking and pecking at you…
Greedy sea-sky rats…
Anyway… Hope you are well now!
Cheers!
Oh thank you so much M'G, I am doing great again and fully recovered , I was thinking I will not make it this time .. affected my body and soul . But nothing is over when I breathing lol.
Beautiful pictures ! love it

DanaTA

Distinguished
We got at least 2 feet of snow on Saturday. Coming Friday we're expecting some freezing rain and then sleet. Northern parts of the state will get snow on top of all that. That will not be fun. I'll be staying indoors.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It started raining here around 4:00pm yesterday, and continued into most of the day today. Weather.com is stating light snow up until midnight (2 hours from now), but I just looked out the window, and it's not doing anything.

DanaTA

Distinguished
We had rain, then freezing rain, then sleet, and then...some snow to go on top of it all. And maybe a little more freezing rain. Looked out the window and it looks like there's a glaze on top of the snow. Not looking forward to that tomorrow. We have plans to go out. :unsure: :confused:

Dana

McGyver

Energetic
This was two days ago, but I forgot to hit “Post Reply“ and it went away… so I figured I’d add it now…
It was prefect zombie or werewolf weather… the fog was from the two+ feet of snow melting from two days of 46° temperature.

FAC7A86B-A585-480F-A706-40C0D57A7437.jpeg

I like the way these canals have no guardrails so you can drive right into them if you get bored.
The photo would have looked so much better without the stupid SUV in it…
In the summer this canal is full of pricey boats and mini-yachts… many of which found their way onto the lawns of the houses on either side of it during Hurricane Sandy.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, it's snowing here . . . again . . . and I'm not thrilled. Weather.com reports it will snow until around 5:00pm, though it's not a heavy show, but the flakes I see coming down now, are larger than they were early this morning.

The snow build up I'm seeing is dripping constantly, so it's definitely a wet snow, which doesn't accumulate like the dry snow does.

DanaTA

Distinguished
It's been snowing here all morning and is expected to continue into tomorrow morning at least. And it is building up. We have at least two inches already, maybe more. So tired of it now.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
You're further north than I am, and it's possible the heavier snow is more inland, where NY City is "on the coast" as it were.

The heavier snow flakes I was seeing earlier are now so tiny, I have to stare at them to see them. Not sure what kind of accumulation we'll have, but I don't expect anything like what we wound up with last time.