• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Terre

Renowned
Control freak dreamers? I'm not but I have known at least one person who had to have been. He probably still is.
Still having mild weather here.

unreal

Noteworthy
We had mild weather here. Then the weather flipped the m in "mild" over on me. The little boathouse where i was working was shaking like an earthquake. Rain so hard on tin roof I couldn't hear. I was scared to go outside because the thunder and lightning sounded like it was zapping the trees outside the door. 30 minutes later, the w flipped over to m. I picture someone down at the council building with a switch that says "winter" "summer" and they keep flipping it up and down, while someone spins a knob back and forth between 0 and 11. Because here in Sydney, the weather now goes to 11. Apparently.

Hornet3d

Wise
UK is suffering from high winds and either snow or rain, this is second storm in a week. The north took the brunt of it with some people snowed in and many without power for five days or more. I live in the south which has faired quite well but the rain has been torrential at times.

unreal

Noteworthy
As I watch hundreds of liters wash off the roof, I keep thinking "what a waste" and looking up water catchment systems.

In Sydney it's either feast or famine. I'd like a big tank of water to keep the garden green (and pool topped) when the other shoe drops and we go into drought.

I'm going to do it. And (finally) solar electric, in addition to the hot water. If it rains, I win. If it shines, I win.

DanaTA

Distinguished
As I watch hundreds of liters wash off the roof, I keep thinking "what a waste" and looking up water catchment systems.

In Sydney it's either feast or famine. I'd like a big tank of water to keep the garden green (and pool topped) when the other shoe drops and we go into drought.

I'm going to do it. And (finally) solar electric, in addition to the hot water. If it rains, I win. If it shines, I win.
Have you looked into "grey water" for the garden? Put simply, it's a method of rerouting certain drains (sinks, not the toilet) to a collection point to use for watering the flowers, etc. A little dish detergent or hand soap is apparently not a problem. I guess it means a big plumbing job, though. Probably need a pass-through to send it to the sewer system if it becomes too full before you use it. I don't know. Rain barrels were a big thing for a while, but I haven't seen much talk about them in a couple years. You just have to be sure they have proper screening on top, to keep mosquitoes from setting up a nursery!

Dana

unreal

Noteworthy
Have you looked into "grey water" for the garden? Put simply, it's a method of rerouting certain drains (sinks, not the toilet) to a collection point to use for watering the flowers, etc. A little dish detergent or hand soap is apparently not a problem. I guess it means a big plumbing job, though. Probably need a pass-through to send it to the sewer system if it becomes too full before you use it. I don't know. Rain barrels were a big thing for a while, but I haven't seen much talk about them in a couple years. You just have to be sure they have proper screening on top, to keep mosquitoes from setting up a nursery!

Dana
Rain catchment is a big thing, here. There are filters, UV, mixers. I've thought of grey water, as there's a European company has a nice fridge-size water purification system that's come out in the last couple of years. But the plumbing... is beyond difficult to reach in this house (double brick, steel, concrete).

The rain catchment is a simple as all the roof drains into 2 (wide) convenient located pipes, and the lot is sloped, so easy to get all the water into container which can be located under existing deck. Would just route the base of those pipes to the top of a tank. Would need a small pump to use it for the pool and garden. Both are easy to switch over from existing supply to tank supply.

That's "easy" for *me*, the person who will not have to do the work. Legally, I can't. In AU, everything is heavily regulated. It's not even legal to change a power outlet or light switch. And forget about plumbing anything. You have to be licensed for *everything*.

Terre

Renowned
I hope you can get that done at a reasonable price unreal. It would certainly be very good for you if so.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's in the mid-40s here, but it's been raining all morning, and will continue until late afternoon.

As much as I like the look of a nice snow cover for Christmas, I'm glad it's not snowing here.

eclark1894

Visionary
Actually been having pretty good weather lately... until yesterday. Rained off and on all day. Rained last night, and woke up this morning and it's pouring down rain again.

eclark1894

Visionary
Another weather update: the rain has stopped, but reports are that we'll be getting snow today. It shouldn't stick, but around here, even flurries are a big deal.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We've had cloudy weather for a few days now, and it rained practically the whole day on Saturday, but yesterday, not until later in the day. The temps both days were around 50° to 55°.

Today however, it's around 29°, and they're predicting light snow showers until about 2:30pm. I just looked out the window, and there's no snow, or even rain, so I guess somewhere in this area they're getting some snow, but not here.

eclark1894

Visionary
We've had cloudy weather for a few days now, and it rained practically the whole day on Saturday, but yesterday, not until later in the day. The temps both days were around 50° to 55°.

Today however, it's around 29°, and they're predicting light snow showers until about 2:30pm. I just looked out the window, and there's no snow, or even rain, so I guess somewhere in this area they're getting some snow, but not here.
We did get snow, and as predicted, it came down hard and heavy. Also as predicted, none of it stuck. :)

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
It's very cold here now - deceptively. It doesn't feel to bad when you go out, the air is still, no wind, but after a few minutes it is that slow cold that bites to the bone before you realize it. As I type this it is sunset and looking west the sky is very eerie and yet beautiful shade of red.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Right now we have a North wind, temperature of 29 F and wind chill makes it feel like 22 F. But, we didn't get the expected 1" to 3" of snow...the storm seems to have slid by just south of the coast. Not complaining about that at all!

Dana

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
We had the largest snowflakes that I have ever seen! They averaged 3 inches across, but quite a few were larger! They fell for around an hour. They were so filled with water that they didn't pile up, thank goodness!