• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Nah, it's perfect summer weather for the Berkshires. Lawn chair, hawaiian shirts, and margaritas,

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Yeah; I got 28F and it wont get above the low 40's. Snow north of town for the last couple of days. The end is neigh. The cold is returning after a lovely warm dry summer of lockup that I was unable to participate in.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nah, it's perfect summer weather for the Berkshires. Lawn chair, hawaiian shirts, and margaritas,
Oh, well living in the mountains is always colder than it is down here in a large city at sea level.

Temps around here are at 49° at the moment, slightly sunny, with winds at around 8mph, so not too bad. It'll be interesting to see how different it'll be later when I go out.

eclark1894

Visionary
Apparent change in forecast here. So far only 3 degrees higher than this morning, around 47F and light rain. I'm gonna put on a sweater.

unreal

Noteworthy
Someone down at our council keeps flicking the switch from back and forth between Winter and Summer. One day it was 35ºC (very warm), the next, 15 (cool). And the sun was brutal. One day was even ranging 18-30, sometimes within the same hour! Right now, cloudy with rain and drizzle. For 2 days straight. I can finally row again and the weather is blah.

This year, Spring is doing what Winter did. Showing us the worst, and lingering like a bad house guest. Oh well. I'm sure I'll be whining about the heat, soon enough :D

DanaTA

Distinguished
I don't complain about the heat much. I always say, "I'd rather sweat than freeze!" Unfortunately, the latter is just starting up. Went below freezing overnight.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
We haven't gotten down quite that far yet, but they're predicting into the 30s at night the next couple of days.

eclark1894

Visionary
Kinda cold here this morning. I had to break out my jacket. Cloudy and 51F at the moment. (BTW, what key gives you that little degree sign?)
51°F. Never mind, I figured it out. :D

unreal

Noteworthy
We've gone into apocalyptic flood warnings. So far, it's not even drizzling.

Does anyone remember when there was at least a pretense of restraint in reporting? Everything now is drama, drama, drama. Chicken Little could't get anyone's attention, these days.

eclark1894

Visionary
We've gone into apocalyptic flood warnings. So far, it's not even drizzling.

Does anyone remember when there was at least a pretense of restraint in reporting? Everything now is drama, drama, drama. Chicken Little could't get anyone's attention, these days.
Hah, wait until the forecasts start calling for snow. :sneaky:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, if you live out west in the US, it won't be very long, as they're forecasting heavy snow soon-ish.

DanaTA

Distinguished
The weather team I watch are very down to Earth and not overly dramatic like that. In fact, they will show the computer forecast from the NWC and sometimes say that they don't agree or think it will not be as widespread as it looks. Or that "there will be a pop up shower here or there, but most of us will remain dry", things like that.

Speaking of the weather, it's crazy. It got to a little over 70F the other day. The oak tree in my back yard has all brown leaves, but it's still hanging on to them! The ornamental pear trees just outside my property lines still have a lot of green leaves on them, almost all on one tree and about half and half on the other. The one that's half and half, the other color is a rich purple-red. Special yard waste collection is next week. I have a feeling I'll have a lot of leaves hanging around this winter, because a lot of them haven't even dropped yet. And I've seen ladybugs on my windows and other flying things. They usually come out in the early Spring! It's November!

Dana