• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I like it

I've had it for a few weeks now.

today's weather similar to yesterday..

1623371009393.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
The update that was responsible for the weather and news was Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 update was made on 5/12/2021
what activated the news and weather was Quality Updates last one installed yesterday 6/10/2021 on my PC

the same that activated early the 7 new features
Screen Snip
Weather and news
Dark and Light mode for start menu
Thumb Taps in your browser
Quick jump between open webpages
Magnifier and read screen loud
Add emoji from keyboard

check your View update history

View attachment 69759
I just got a notice that an update is available. But, I've had the emoji thing for a year or two, that's not new. Windows key + period brings up a dialog box with emojis. I don't think Magnifier or screen reader are new, either. Maybe they've made some improvements, but they're not new. Anyway, I guess I'll find out later if I get that weather thingy.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
We talking about computers and weather and nobody mentioned this!
how could I miss it .. :( The annual solar eclipse the ring of fire
as seeing this morning ..
It was only a partial eclipse, and no ring of fire. The moon was at apogee, so it wouldn't have worked anyway. And 5:00 am is way too early for me!

Dana

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
@MEC4D Beautiful images. We had here in my area just 6.3% eclipse. Was a bit disappointed. My sister in Law, in Paris had over 13 % .
It begin here at 11:46 h , so the sun was very high already . Not so beautiful than your New York sunrise.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
I've done this but that just stops the display. It does not stop Windows from adding this bandwidth suck in the background along with rest of them I have to shut down and of course the inevitable tdlr timeout reset that happens every major update and I have to crawl through to re-enable. Hadn't had my morning caffeine yet and was the usual irritable.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I just got a notice that an update is available. But, I've had the emoji thing for a year or two, that's not new. Windows key + period brings up a dialog box with emojis. I don't think Magnifier or screen reader are new, either. Maybe they've made some improvements, but they're not new. Anyway, I guess I'll find out later if I get that weather thingy.

Dana
Nobody said it was new , it just belongs to the 7 Feature updates .. they activated the features one by one as the time goes by..

Jakiblue

@Stezza aren't you getting snow down there?? We've got a friend in Orange who has been posting pics of her kids playing in the snow. LOL. Meanwhile up here in the Never-Seen-Snow-Ever Cape York, it's cool, but we're still wearing shorts and tshirts. Heh.

edited: twice, cos I'm an idiot failing at geography...gah.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
It was only a partial eclipse, and no ring of fire. The moon was at apogee, so it wouldn't have worked anyway. And 5:00 am is way too early for me!

Dana
it wasn't for you this time and even less that we had .. but some parts of Canada they saw it , they called it "Ring of Fire" Eclipse 2021 and just because not everyone could see it , don't mean it was not.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
@MEC4D Beautiful images. We had here in my area just 6.3% eclipse. Was a bit disappointed. My sister in Law, in Paris had over 13 % .
It begin here at 11:46 h , so the sun was very high already . Not so beautiful than your New York sunrise.
sadly not my pictures , it was much deeper partial eclipse than on the pics , but probably the clouds covered the sky and the best moment of it , still beautiful .. however it looks like it was taken from the New Jersey at the beginning of Liberty State Park , if the eclipse happened slightly early you could see Manhattan skyline behind , that is where I go to see beautiful romantic moon or sun raises

Below my own picture of sunrise at the Empty Sky memorial ( 9/11 memorial ) many people don't know but at the specific time of the year you can see this at sunrise ..
70413946_493364661226008_2262127427620700160_n.jpg

Last edited:

DanaTA

Distinguished
When I was young, I had a telescope, refractor that was either 3" or just shy of it. I shot pictures of the eclipse in the 60s with that. I had to dark sun filter. I had a Kodak Instamatic, with the 126 film...negatives were square and fairly large, not like the tiny ones of later Kodak cameras. The structure around the lens was an exact match to the diameter of the eyepiece I used to view the Sun, so I just held the camera up to the eyepiece and snapped a few images. You could see some Sunspots in the images. It was pretty cool. Of course, I had to adjust the sight of the scope after every photo, because with such magnification, the Sun moves right out of frame pretty quickly. I used to be fascinated how I could watch the Sun or Moon actually move through the field of view with that telescope. I still have the photos from that eclipse.

Dana

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Yes , sun and the moon running quickly out of the view with my 360mm lens too. I shot and adjusting , I was working more with regular film in the early 80's since I had dark room at home . It was clever idea of you to use the telescope and the film camera , I hope one day you share the pics.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That weather and news thingy showed up today. I immediately turned it off!
Did you have another update today, and where do you see it? I keep right-clicking the Taskbar, but it's not in the drop-down list.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
@Stezza aren't you getting snow down there?? We've got a friend in Orange who has been posting pics of her kids playing in the snow. LOL. Meanwhile up here in the Never-Seen-Snow-Ever Cape York, it's cool, but we're still wearing shorts and tshirts. Heh.

edited: twice, cos I'm an idiot failing at geography...gah.
nope.. never snows here either, thank goodness... too low and next to the ocean but just over the range it does and we get the cold wind and temps from it.

warmer today .. 16c ( 62f )

DanaTA

Distinguished
Did you have another update today, and where do you see it? I keep right-clicking the Taskbar, but it's not in the drop-down list.
There was an update the previous night, but I clicked Update and Shut Down, so I didn't see the weather thingy until the next day (today). It was just there, down on the taskbar on the right, next to the tray.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, OK. Well I don't see that, and I got the update the other day as well. Hmmmm . . . ~scratches head~

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
The summer is here. Yesterday we visit a a place which called "Le lac de Lamoura" . beautiful place. 35 km from my home.
The weather was hot, sky clear.
Hope stay like this for the rest of the summer.

Attachments

• Lac02small.jpg
    Lac02small.jpg
    820.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Lac01Small.jpg
    Lac01Small.jpg
    714 KB · Views: 84
  • Lac3small.jpg
    Lac3small.jpg
    669.5 KB · Views: 83