• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

McGyver

Energetic
Yesterday evening in Old Stony Brook Village...

D395178D-2FF1-41B3-B2BB-DC3438D025B0.jpeg

And frosted water on asphalt in my driveway...

F63BF80D-B3AF-4EB0-B7B4-C7CFBF75E556.jpeg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Eekers! Impending Winter snow storm expected Wed-Thurs, which has resulted in my Thursday grocery order being cancelled. I'ma gonna starve!

Well not exactly. I do have enough staples to carry me through about a week. And I was able to place an order for Sunday morning. But, that delivery will cost money because I'm on a midweek (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) plan. I'm on hold to see if the delivery fee can be waived.

Fortunately, I also have a backup supply of popcorn to get me through Friday and Saturday evenings. And hot chocolate to get me through the storm.

But ... I will be out of milk tomorrow. Oopsie.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, they're predicting the snow storm here for Wednesday into Thursday as well. I am DEFINITELY not looking forward to it. At least I do my big weekly shopping on Wednesday afternoons, so I should be OK.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I haven't heard how much snow we're going to get . . . yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's close to what you're expecting to get.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Other than the little hitch with my groceries, I have nowhere I need to be, so unlike other winters when I'd have a nasty commute for a good week or more after a snow storm, I'll be nice and cozy in my apartment with a new Heating/AC unit. Which puts out hot air instead of barely warm enough to tell it's warm.

We will be getting new windows and balcony doors too with the new owners. Good thing my lease renewed in October. Now, come next November, who knows how much the new owners are going to increase rent, what with new windows, new sliders, new heating/AC units (all units are being upgraded), a new building security system, and 24 hour concierge service (again)

We're expecting about 6 inches in Philadelphia, more north and west of the city.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
rain

we have rain

and temps around 22c/74f

off up the coast soon for coffee with sister.. we meet halfway, well more like 3/4 & 1/4 way, sisters always get the better end of the deal, so hopefully the rain will be stopped by then.

McGyver

Energetic
The bay is looking quite dreary in the snow...

A6AC16CC-AD69-487D-9985-4AE434E2BA20.jpeg

It just started snowing at that point... now it’s actually piling up... I thought the ground was too warm for it to stick.
Not the case by the water... sweet holy Poseidon’s frosty butt crack it was chilly there!
Well, to anyone out there in this Nor’easter tonight... stay safe.

Miss B

CV-BEE
It started here about 30-40 minutes ago, and still nothing but a light dusting, but it's very windy, so a lot of it's getting blown away.

OK, I just looked out the window, and since it's already dark, the only place I could see the snow coming down, was near a light on the side of the building across from us, and it's coming down quickly, but the flakes look small-ish. Since this is supposedly going to continue all night into tomorrow early afternoon, I'm expecting some kind of accumulation, but unless the flakes get bigger/heavier, I'm not sure the 6" to 10" they were reporting will actually happen.

Hmmmm, I'm already dreading getting up in the morning to look out the window. ~shakes head~

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's been snowing heavily all day since before noon. The roads are covered with several inches, and I've yet to see a snow plow. I could understand that if I lived on a small neighborhood street, but this is a rather heavily travelled street and a snow route!

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's not sounding good at all. I suspect it's going to get heavier here overnight. I think it's traveling in a Northeasterly direction, which would explain why you got it before noon, and we didn't.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Our summer storms usually happen after xmas but it's been over a week and no signs of letting up

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Our summer storms usually happen after xmas but it's been over a week and no signs of letting up
You guys are really getting a deluge!

very humid here today 28c/86f occasional thunderstorm and nothing to stop the cicadas from singing!

DanaTA

Distinguished
Started snowing here around 8:00 pm. My nephew had just left. He brought back the snowblower - which he gave us - after it had a tune-up. The first plow made a pass down my street about ten minutes ago. It's going to be a long night for the plow drivers. Last night, the weather guy boosted our expected accumulation from (6 to 10 inches) up to (8 to 14 inches). I hope he's wrong, but he is usually very accurate. More so than the Weather Channel had been in the past...I stopped watching that because he was usually more on the money.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well the wind finally died down here, but it's still snowing steadily. I just don't see much in the way of accumulation, so unless the snowfall gets heavier overnight, I don't think we'll get as much as they predicted. We shall see.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, I was up a couple of times during the night, and it was still snowing, though it looked liked it was a very light snow.

Then I woke up around 10:00am this morning, and it looked a little bit heavier, and from what I can see in spots, I'm thinking we got about 8" of snow accumulation, though it was scattered around on the top of window installed a/c units. My fire escape has absolutely nothing on it, that's how hard the wind was blowing.

Then I checked again about an hour ago and it looked like it might have stopped snowing, as I couldn't really see any falling flakes, even when I tried staring at one spot for a few minutes.

Lastly, I just checked about 10 minutes ago, and not only has it stopped snowing . . . THE SUN IS OUT!!! Not something I expected to see today, or at least not until late afternoon. It's gotten so I can't even try to guess what Mother Nature has in store for us. ~shakes head~ I just hope that's it for the winter. Snow looks pretty, but any accumulation is the pits as far as I'm concerned, because it's never pretty the next day.