• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My balcony was pretty much scoured free of snow because of the wind. It was the oddest thing. It takes forever after a snowstorm for the snow to melt off my balcony. Instead, there is this elongated egg shape patch of balcony clear of snow. The balcony next to me has a rectangular patch cleared. Guess that's the difference between being a corner apartment (mine) and not (theirs).

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well, it was supposed to stop around 12:00 or 1:00 pm. But, it was still going until after 4:00 pm. Just got done with the driveway. Had to stop a couple times, because my fingers were numb. Yes, I had gloves on. Didn't even shovel off the front walk and steps. I went out the basement door, closer to the snowblower. Decided I'll just go out that way again tomorrow, and perhaps shovel the front walk then. Busy day, though, so I may not get to it.

Tired.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The staff of the buildings here in this neighborhood are pretty good, as the sidewalks are all clear. Getting across a street, however, not so easy. Luckily, even though it's pretty cold out, it's all soft snow, and there doesn't seem to be any icy parts under the snow, just slush at the corners. Yuk!

eclark1894

Visionary
Whenever you guys talk about getting snow, I think of the TV Christmas Special "The Year without a Santa Claus" My city of Raleigh tend to fall in Heat Miser's territory.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well, I think we got about a foot of snow. It was really heavy stuff, not the fluffy kind. Very wet and heavy. If it were the fluffy kind, it would probably have been more like 15 inches or more.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ours was wet also, because I saw the "drops" on my window, otherwise I would've thought it dry until I saw the slush where folks were walking to cross the streets.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
We have it here currently since last week ugly.
The snow is melting from the mountains, actually almost all is gone. The Mountain and forest paths are flooded with water streams, no large hiking with dog.
Keeps raining during the day, in the evening ice rain. I even fall one times because my dog spot a cat and it came unexpected for me when he pull suddenly. :whistling:
But no harm was done, except to my ego :oopsie:

McGyver

Energetic
We only got a little snow... probably around 6 or 7 in (2.3 - 2.75 cm), but it was slushy and because of the 50+ mph winds, most of it had a shell of ice by morning... fun stuff.

While we were cleaning up, a tiny little bird (possibly some sort of chickadee) decided to investigate my wife... it kept flying near her and letting her take close up pictures of it while it nibbled seed pods from a decorative shrub.
I still haven’t looked at her pictures, but the bird was practically posing for closeups as she was holding her phone around 6 inches from the little fellow and he just ignored her or looked at the phone tilting his head like birds do.

The funny thing is my wife is not comfortable with animals, she cares about their welfare and donates to causes thinks they are cute and splendid, but she is afraid of most creatures, and yet wildlife is drawn to her... often comically.

So the photo session was very cute until the little bird decided to try and fly up on her shoulder.

You may have heard the scream yesterday... some time around 4:30 PM EST... no matter where in the world you may be, factor in the speed of sound for your location with the epicenter in south western Suffolk county Long Island, and if you heard a scream around that time it was her.

I’m pretty sure that little bird is still laughing his tiny little bird butt off.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
We are now since days sitting in the clouds. Looks beautiful, really love it. Gives an overall mystic touch. The downside , very humid.

Attachments

• clouds small.jpg
    clouds small.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 109

Terre

Renowned
It's supposed to get done to 18 tonight with a high of 46 tomorrow. We'll see if any snow actually happens.

Terre

Renowned
Brrr..... it's 30 out there and is supposed to start snowing in about 2 hours. I guess I'll see if it really did when I get up tomorrow.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Only 37 here. Supposed to rain later, and tomorrow, and Sunday morning. Better rain, than snow!

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's 40° here now, and they're expecting rain here later. Tomorrow they're predicting a high of 54° degrees, and rain again on Sunday.

You're right Dana, better rain, than snow.