1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sunday, June 23, 2019, 11pm EST. We were planning to import this forum into the new software tonight, however, it's not going to happen just yet. We hope to be using the new forum software by the end of the week.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny's products at HiveWire 3D

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Tiny, Jul 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tiny

Tiny The real me inside Contributing Artist

One could make it thicker from the beginning but to get a thick result from all angles and all lights it would take a lot which in turn would bog down many computers and slow down renders. Also if the fur is too thick in some angles it will look like plastic.

Try play with angles and lights to get the best look. Lights pointing towards the fur, from camera angle will give better and thicker fur. :)

Love your images btw. <3

2. kobaltkween

kobaltkween Brilliant Contributing Artist

Dreamer is right, except you'd plug it into all three, not just 2 and 3. Or however you want it, depending on what you decide to do in terms of texture along the hair. For instance, silver-tipped dark fur wouldn't have the same color for the base and the tip, so you might want different texture maps. Also, to be clear, you'd only need one node for that mix of the 2 and 3 Hair nodes with the Spots if you used a proper texture. That's just me trying to add a little variation in color. Which didn't really work.

The ColorRamp adjusts the HairInfo: Intercept property. The property is a plain gradient from root to tip, and I figured the ramp would be good for handling the end the way I wanted. If I wanted to have the Transmission part go higher, or have the Reflection part never go away, I could just adjust the swatches on the ramp to make it happen. You could also use all kinds of math or curves to adjust the gradient.

The other thing to remember is that Superfly uses input override, like DS, not input multiply like Firefly. So there's no color swatch at all if you plug a texture in. If you want to modulate a texture (or any other type of non-shading node), you have to actually use a Math node. And you need to use a MixClosure or AddClosure for Shading nodes.

Tiny likes this.
  3. Tiny

Tiny The real me inside Contributing Artist

4. kobaltkween

kobaltkween Brilliant Contributing Artist

You're welcome!