• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Goblin Figure WIP

tate

Eager
Contributing Artist
This is my latest figure I have been working on. He is modeled in Lightwave. His texture was painted in ZBrush along with his detailed sculpted and added via displacement map in Poser. I just started getting into his rigging this morning. Here is what I have so far.

30.jpg

31.jpg

33.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Tate, you'll definitely want to do normal maps (instead of displacement) or you will lose all those lovely sculpting in Poser11. P11 does not do micro displacement or bump maps in Superfly, but all versions of Poser (P8+, I think) will use normal maps.

I have started replacing all my bump/displacement maps with normal maps for Poser products.

tate

Eager
Contributing Artist
Tate, you'll definitely want to do normal maps (instead of displacement) or you will lose all those lovely sculpting in Poser11. P11 does not do micro displacement or bump maps in Superfly, but all versions of Poser (P8+, I think) will use normal maps.

I have started replacing all my bump/displacement maps with normal maps for Poser products.

Excellent advise! I will try that out and get back to you. Thank You! :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I loved this figure when I saw him in your other thread. He really is quite gorgeous...I do have a couple of questions though.

1. Looking at the image with the grey and white squares I notice that the arms seem to have a larger check and I was wondering why they are at a different scale to the rest of the body? I noticed the face was also but I know that with faces this is often common to allow for more detailing on the face.

2. My last question is what type of rigging are you using? Is he going to be Poser only? I know that with Creepy Kid Too that you also provided a file with legacy rigging so it could be used in both programs. Knowing how much work that is to do I wouldn't assume that can be kept up with every figure.

If a DS version is available he would be an instant buy...even without I still might pick him up and try to convert him myself. I think I like playing with stuff like that more than rendering these days...