• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I just finished Pratchett's last Tiffany Aching audible book, The Shepherd's Crown :(
So no more "Crivens!" or "Waily, Waily, Waily." Even sadder ... no more "Oh, waily, waily, it's the foldin' o' the arms, the foooldin' o' the aaaarmss!"

I do have Wyrd Sisters lined up to start as soon as I'm done listening to Heir Apparent. But it takes a lot longer to get through an audible book when you only commute three days a week!

Nae king! Nae quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
...and no more Pictsies running up the legs o' ma trews and headbutting of ma kneecaps, ye ken! Pratchett created a whole world of memorable characters but for me, Tiffany Aching stands out head and shoulders (along with Granny Weatherwax). After all, how many 10-year-old girls can say they defeated The Queen of the Fairies with a frying pan? :rofl:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Go for it Terre! For myself, TP's books are the most consistent and funniest books ever written in the English language. You can read them on so many different levels and find something new in them each time. Aside from his Discworld series (not actually necessary but best read in order), he wrote a goodly number of other books set elsewhere all of which are equally funny. The Tiffany Aching books are a sub-set which are set in the Discworld written towards the end of his life and are firm favourites. The one Satira mentioned, The Shepherds Crown, his last was actually compiled and published after his untimely death. Be warned though! Reading TP tends to result in rather well-developed funny bones. That the way TP fans recognise each other in the real world! :D

PS: Good morning! :flower02:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
BoardingPass_MyNameOnMars2020v2.jpg

OK! So I've travelled to a lot of places, mostly by flying, but this has got to be a first! I only hope I don't end up sitting next to the loony like I usually do 'cause its quite a long flight! Whoot! :)

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Yep! Well a little part of me is, along with that of a young lady by the name of Lucy who has also received a boarding pass. She was only two-years-old when we put our names forward but she was so chuffed when we explained it all grandpa had to print her boarding pass out and she took it to school this morning to show her classmates. Come to think of it, I'm pretty chuffed myself that my name will one day sit on the surface of the first real planet mankind has ever visited. I only hope it doesn't mean I'm going to have a load of Martians turning up at my door on walkabout in exchange!! :alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::oops:

Last edited:

Terre

Renowned
Going to be doing a mix of hosework and relaxing today. A friend is planning on coming by in a bit to do some patches on the stucco where the bottom has gotten damaged.