• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We had high winds last night in Qld, Aus too, had trouble sleeping with all the banging outside

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Mother Nature must be really pissed off at us with all this bad weather everywhere. ~sheesh~

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Not too bad at the moment. Breezy and overcast, no rain at the moment with the temperature around 15 C. Feels more like mid-October rather than August/September which are usually our best months. It helps that we are about half-way along the south shore of the Bay which affords us some protection. Further west is a different matter. I've seen the harbour at nearby Heysham (on the western outskirts of Morecambe) with waves sweeping over the outer mole during really bad storms. Pretty rare occasions though because we have a rather large place called Ireland offshore from us which helps deflect the brunt of the worse weather, as I'm sure Bonnie can attest to. Not always though. Three years ago unusually high, storm-driven tides caused the Heysham nuclear power station, which uses seawater for cooling, to shut down which left us without power for four days!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
We had a prediction for thunderstorms but, so far, no sign. At least not under our bit of the sky. Looks like Thor* was busy elsewhere! :)

Terribly bad Thor joke:**

Valkyrie: Excuse me! Aren't you Thor?
Thor: Yeth I am and I'm sick of it. Theth leather trousers grip something awful when you're all thweaty!

**Thank you Emma!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Yeah! Still overcast and rainy here so I've been indulging in a bit of a Terry Pratchett-fest. I've read all the Discworld novels at least three times so I've been catching up with his other stuff like Nation, Strata, The Dark Side of the Sun, etc. I've even managed to get our Lucy involved with his The Witches Vacuum Cleaner. Whoot! :wub: