• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Yep! She's all on her own with this one Terre. She is, after all, the (re)-creator of the Tomato Ketchupburger. The original was actually her Mom who was well-known for liking a bit of burger with her ketchup in her younger days. All great fun to watch provided you managed to stay out of the splash zone! It's nice to know she's managed to produce a chip off the not-so-old block not to mention the fun of watching a 6-year-old having to eat a sandwich with a fork! :laugh:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Pack it in you two, I'm drooling here! :laugh: When we were kids we had a variation on 'pobs' which was made by dissolving an OXO cube in half-a-mug of water then breaking bread slices in it until it soaked all the liquid up, then eating the result. Quite tasty as I recall but there is NO way I'm going to tell the little 'un that. She's bad enough as it is!

THINKS! Hummm! No stew but there's a Frey Bentos beef and onion pie in the larder! I wonder... END OF THINKS!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
A basket of freshly picked, lightly fried mushrooms in butter with just a sprinkle of black pepper!

No reason for this other than I simply love freshly picked, lightly fried mushrooms in butter with just a sprinkle of black pepper!

THINKS! Why haven't we got a drool smiley? END OF THINKS!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
It's never too late to eat Miss B! I'm thinking ham and tomato sandwich before I go to bed!

Catch them while they're fresh and eat within 24 hours of picking Satira. If they are not hard and moist (NOT wet), forget it! We're lucky around here in having so many fresh food suppliers. Everything from a seafood shop whose produce is caught from his own boat to a farm which grows and supplies mushrooms and vegetables (including delivery to your door) just two miles up the road! Yummylicious!

Last edited:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
There are advantages sometimes to living in a small seaside town Terre. Especially when you live on the outskirts within easy reach of the suppliers both on and just over the Bay in the Lake District. We did have a Tesco Metro until recently but it closed because it couldn't compete with the locally grown produce suppliers, some of whom have been here for generations. One of my great favourites and local delicacy are Morecambe Bay Shrimps which are cooked straight off the boats and packed in fresh butter (which is also locally produced) so it's a big advantage that the family-owned business which makes them (since 1880!) is located right on the next block.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Morning all,

I still like mopping up the left over gravy from Bangers and mash with bread and butter...gotta get the plate clean!

@Rae134 , so right about eating quick and the amount of butter!

I got a new breadmaker last Sunday and it is so much better than the old one...the bread is fantastic and unlike the old one slides out of the tin leaving the kneading blade behind. Yesterday was the first day I didn't make any and only because I didn't have time to set it up. Nothing better than fresh bread still warm from being cooked.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't eat much bread so I don't know if a breadmaker would be handy for me. Is it cost effective making your own? (after purchase of machine of course lol)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I don't know how cost effective it is...I just like the fresh bread. I imagine if you buy the basics it would work out quite reasonable if comparing it to Bakers delight square loaves. I've had a breadmaker for years now. I got the first one when they first became popular...I imagine the cheapest way to do it would be to make it by hand but my hands get sore from arthritis these days so not an option for me.

When I bake the bread the whole family swarms and eats it warm...with 4 adults in the house the loaf doesn't last very long. I'm hoping that once I'm making it more regularly that this will pass as you can cut it thinner when it's had time to cool. The good thing about it is you know what's going into it. The old machine used to bug me as the kneading blade would stay inside the bread and required digging out before cutting the bread. The new blades are really thin and just slide out of the bread.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Morning all,

I still like mopping up the left over gravy from Bangers and mash with bread and butter...gotta get the plate clean!

@Rae134 , so right about eating quick and the amount of butter!

I got a new breadmaker last Sunday and it is so much better than the old one...the bread is fantastic and unlike the old one slides out of the tin leaving the kneading blade behind. Yesterday was the first day I didn't make any and only because I didn't have time to set it up. Nothing better than fresh bread still warm from being cooked.

You said it Pen! When we were kids me and my nephew Ronnie used to spend a lot of our summer days trainspotting. On the way, we used to pass a bakers shop who still made their own bread. If you popped around the back in the mornings you could buy a penny 'misshape' (a small loaf) straight out of the oven which the baker would slice and add a dollop of butter to. Oh, the taste of fresh, hot bread, especially on a cool morning was heaven. It's something I can still remember as clearly as if it was yesterday! :wub:

Meanwhile on the subject of food I found this on YouTube:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Amazing what you can find on YouTube. Generic 'you' not 'you' you if that makes sense.

I'm not a fan of putting stuff about kids on the web....cyber safety and all that...so I don't seek out videos like that. I only watch game videos, trailers and at the moment tiny house videos. I know that videos about kids are fairly popular...so not judging/criticising anyone who does just a side effect of teaching.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love tiny houses! My dream retirement is a Tiny House on the Oregon Coast. With room for a vegetable garden of course. And surrounded by trees would be a plus.

Within sound of the ocean is a necessity.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The only videos I watch on YouTube are tutorials for whatever software I'm playing in at the time.