• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I watch those too Miss B...forgot to mention them. I like the ZBrush ones...

@Satira, I love the idea of tiny houses but I'm not sure if I could live in one. There are some great ones out there though...

I haven't heard that before but I love the song!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I haven't heard it sung quite like that before.

I watch all kind of crap on youtube lol Hubby puts on a lot of Husky ones and yep, my Cross definitely acts full Husky lol

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I watch those too Miss B...forgot to mention them. I like the ZBrush ones...
I've only once tried a tutorial in ZBrush. I mostly only use it for the ZRemesher, which does a fabulous job.

Most of the tutorial videos I watch are for Blender, and a couple/three for Maya.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've always loved Loch Lomond, but no question Runrig's version is my absolute favorite.

Pen, I lived in a wee little one room cottage on Nantucket Island (well, two rooms if you count the extremely tiny bathroom for about six months. The bathroom was barely big enough for a toilet, small sink, and small shower. The shower was barely large enough for Sushi's litter box! Had the bathroom been a bit bigger, and there been more built in storage in the cottage, it would have been perfect.

Then I lived in an apartment that was less than 500 sq ft for 12 years, while the one I've been in since 2006 is a bit more than 705 sq ft. It's actually more space than I need. Some of those Tiny Houses have bigger kitchens than my previous and current kitchens!

Now, mind you, I'm not talking the really tiny Tiny Houses! No way I could live in 250ish sq ft, much less 90 sq ft! I'd prefer 350 to 400 sq ft. Although ... the Acorn Tiny House by Backcountry Tiny Homes is absolutely beautiful, and I'd be tempted by one that beautiful, as long as I had a separate studio that was big enough for an office AND full size refrigerator and pantry. There's just no way I can manage with a tiny refrigerator like that! The price is certainly affordable! Another year of work, and I'd be able to pay cash for it.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@Satira, that looks very cute and definitely not the tiniest I've seen. My biggest problem is where would we store all our books? I no longer buy real books as I don't have any room left to store them...

Miss B

CV-BEE
WOW Satira, and it's on wheels, so you can move it to wherever you feel like, depending on the time of year.

Miss B

CV-BEE
My biggest problem is where would we store all our books? I no longer buy real books as I don't have any room left to store them...
I know the feeling, but I've been slowly donating all of mine to the public library. I've got quite a collection of eBooks now, so have no need to actually buy a real book, especially since they closed the Barnes & Nobles here in my neighborhood.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's easy Pen! You get a Tiny Library! Put it next to your living Tiny, with a deck connecting the two, and there you go! Asha Mevlana (an electric violinist with the Trans Siberian Orchestra) had a tiny house built on a foundation, along with a mobile music studio on wheels

Then you've got La Librairie Itinérante (The Traveling (Tiny) Library), which is rather delightful.

I also stopped buying books decades ago because I ran out of bookshelf space, and I could never find bookcases I liked that were affordable. I certainly have the space in this apartment to add another three or even four six foot tall bookcases.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, I'm liking Asha Mevlana's home/library setup. In fact, that would make a very nice 3D set too. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Very nice ideas Miss B and Satira...I have been starting to get rid of my teaching library and still have a pile to take into work to see if anyone wants them. It's much harder to be ruthless with the Sci Fantasy and Sci Fi books some are such old favourites. I'm gradually getting them on Kindle but it takes time.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Very nice ideas Miss B and Satira...I have been starting to get rid of my teaching library and still have a pile to take into work to see if anyone wants them. It's much harder to be ruthless with the Sci Fantasy and Sci Fi books some are such old favourites. I'm gradually getting them on Kindle but it takes time.

Sizing down is OK. But, you can't lose a paperback book to a hard drive crash or a tablet crash. I don't buy many books anymore, but I have no plans of getting rid of the ones I have.

VHS and Beta tapes are another thing. I have hundreds, perhaps over a thousand at one point. I recorded things on TV and cable. I've long ago replaced my Star Trek series with the DVD releases. And some movies, and other series, some with boxed sets. I've run out of money to keep up such collections, though, sadly.

Dana

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That is true Dana, but I get most of mine via Amazon so it's easy enough to redownload them. It's only if Amazon go out of business that I would need to worry. It is possible to get a program that will convert your books into pdf and if they were ever to go out of business I would buy something like that to ensure I still had copies.

I know the feeling, I've bought some of my favourite Anne McCaffrey books but only when I see them on sale.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Since all the books I buy for my Kindle are through Amazon and can be downloaded again from my account, I don't worry about losing them on the Kindle. While you may not lose a physical book to a hard drive or tablet crash, you can lose them to fire, flood, theft, or just age. Paperbacks don't hold up well over the years compared to hardback, which is one reason I preferred buying hardback over paperback.

There are some things I have no problem getting rid of, like the stereo equipment I never unboxed after my 2006 move. The boxes just sit there stacked on top of the lateral file cabinet (which is another thing I plan to get rid of) To be honest, there is little furniture I want to take with me, and very little clothing. I've not worn anything in my closet for years. Most everything in the kitchen can go too. I have servingware and cookware I haven't used in decades and probably never will again. I lost quite a few pieces from my stoneware set when a shelf in my previous apartment collapsed and other than the salad plates, I don't even use what's left of that set anymore. There isn't much in my apartment I plan to take when I move back to Oregon. The exception is my books. Which is one reason, I wouldn't truly consider downsizing to less than 350 sq ft.

As some of my favorite books come on sale for the kindle, I have been picking them up. But mostly because my eyes do much better with the kindle than with a physical book. It's nice to be able to increase the font size to a comfortable size.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@Satira Capriccio , I am doing the same and picking them up as they go on sale. I find that holding a real book for any length of time is very hard on my hands these days...especially the thick bulky ones.

Miss B

CV-BEE
@Satira Capriccio , I am doing the same and picking them up as they go on sale. I find that holding a real book for any length of time is very hard on my hands these days...especially the thick bulky ones.
I took care of that a few years ago with this at Amazon --> The Book Seat Holder

It comes in several colors, but I have the gray one shown, and since switching to eBooks, it now holds my tablet. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep, me too Miss B...but she did lots of really great books like the Killashandra ones also.
I took care of that a few years ago with this at Amazon --> The Book Seat Holder

It comes in several colors, but I have the gray one shown, and since switching to eBooks, it now holds my tablet. ;)
My son bought one of those for me. I don't use it very often it requires you sit up to read I often snuggle down into the covers with a book.

Miss B

CV-BEE
A friend many years ago got me started on the Pern books by packaging up about 10 of them, and sending them to me to read. Then I sent them back to her when I had finished, and purchased the others myself.

I don't think I've read any of her Killashandra ones though. I'll have to check that out.