• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Hornet3d

Wise
Many years ago I worked for British Telecom, our only national phone provider at that time, and there was a strike over privatisation. I remember one incident where a manager could not gain access to our local telephone exchange and told the press that the strikers had super glued the lock. It later transpired that BT higher management had changed the lock over night as a security issue but forgot to inform the middle managers. Strangely I never saw an apology or retraction in the press. I did not condone vandalism then or now but strange things happen on both sides when there is a strike.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Here too Terre. It's only going to be in the mid-70ºs today, with humidity down in the 30% range. VERY nice weather indeed. :)

DanaTA

Distinguished
It's pizza night! Diane will stay up later than during the week. Rest? What's that? Even when I plan on 8 hours or more, I always wake up at least two or three times. And it seems that I almost always awake ten or fifteen minutes before the alarm goes off.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Boy does that ever sound familiar, though I only set my radio to go on when I have to get up early on Sundays to get ready for the gym. Other days, like today for instance, I often don't crawl out of bed until around noon.

DanaTA

Distinguished
If I don't set my alarm, I could stay in bed until Diane comes home from work. Not necessarily sleeping well, but just not wanting to get out of bed.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhh, that can be a problem. I always drag myself out of bed after 9 to 10 hours of sleep. Unfortunately, it's not straight through, because then I'd probably be able to get away with 8 hours. I know on Sunday's I get about 7 1/2 to 8 hours, but since I'm up late most days, even if I go to bed earlier on Saturday nights, I'm still half asleep, and usually feel like a nap in the middle of the afternoon on Sunday. I usually force myself to not take a nap, because then I wouldn't sleep at night.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thursdays and Fridays I work 6:30 am to 2:30 pm, so I tend to take a nap in the afternoon when I'm done working. Yesterday, I fell asleep about 4 pm. And ... I woke up at 3:30 am.

A wee bit longer nap than I expected. Then again, I only had 3 hours of sleep the night before.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That'll do it for sure. If I don't sleep well one night, and have to get up early the next morning, the next night I'm out of it for 10 hours at least, which is what happened last night, and why I woke up around noon.

Terre

Renowned
That was quite a nap. Sounds like you badly needed it.
This afternoon I'll be going in to work for a few hours. The next KeHE specialty order is due by 6am Sunday and I won't have time to do it then. I didn't due it yesterday because I'm on vacation! In order to avoid confusing the head office I'll just write my time down and it will be manually added to next weeks clock ins.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Evening Terre. It's been very cloudy here the past couple of days, but no rain. Of course they're predicting a lot of rain this week, so I'm sure we'll see some of it soon enough.